Home, Sweet Home!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Alright, for those of you who have been following the plot (gee whiz, I sound like I'm in a Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoon) - we got kicked out of our house back in the beginning of September, thus result in us being stuck in hotels again. During this time, you guys only saw me online if I managed to find the time (and gas) to head over to the library.

Now, if some of you also remember, we WERE going to be moving into a tiny little condo as a temporary place to call "home" until we found a permanent place to call "home", but our crackpot former landlords prevented us from moving into that place so we ended up back to Square One.

In October, we managed to find a hotel way out in the sticks, that had complementary hi-speed internet, thus allowing me to catch up and start hanging out with you guys on a regular basis again, which I assume may have caused a lot of us to forget I was even without home at all. Nice to think that, eh?

Well, thankfully, things have worked out for the better, as we have found another place we can call home temporarily... a place that apparently the Lord wanted us to find, as the landlady of this place said she had been praying that a Christian family would move into the house, and she brought along a simple lease the day my mom and I looked at it (Dad was out of town again), they signed it, and she was happy to let us have it; it's an older house, but it's a nice house... it's confusing though because it was built in the 70s, and it's gone through so many interior transformations that I can't even tell what room is really supposed to be what... but apparently, what USED to be the front living room had been converted into a somewhat large bedroom, which I was told I could have, so I'm psyched about that. Plus, as you guys no, I'm a child of the 60s/70s born in the wrong decade, so I'm also even excited that the place has shag carpet in all the rooms!

Now, we were all set to move in this weekend, BUT, Dad had been called to leave town yet again, so he's gone to Idaho, and we'll be stuck in the hotel for another week or so... but we're this much closer to finally have a place to call home again! I can't tell you how thrilled we all are to have our own rooms again, sleep in our own beds again, have all our own stuff again... I even plan on changing a few things about my room in general. It even has a great place outback for Tommie under a covered carport, that way, she's out of the sun, out of the rain, and even out of the snow in case it ever snows again.

Okay, now what's good news without a little bad news? Don't answer that. Well, here it is: now although I'll have hi-speed DSL again (which I'm happy about, because Comcast's so called "hi-speed internet" is CRAP)... once we're moved in and settled down, my parents will be, slightly forcing me to get a part-time-job... meaning less free time... meaning less time with you guys... and not only that, but I start University in the spring, so I'll REALLY be "out of the scene" around here for a while.

Oh well, everything happens for a reason, so that's my major announcement for the night.

Skye

Reaction score
That's so great! Congratulations, Snowthy! It sounds like such a nice place, and I'm really glad things are going better for you and your family.

I'm sorry to hear that you'll be around less after y'all move in. But I hope you'll enjoy your University and any job that you get, also. And I really hope you enjoy your new home! :smile:

Beakerfan

Reaction score
That's great Snowthy! How exciting! And we'll miss ya around here, but just remember having a job and going to college aren't all bad. Hey, you'll have money to spend, right?

Java

Reaction score
Congratulations Snowthy!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Glad you found a new house that you like, Snowthy! And hey! It's not you'll be gone from us forever, so it's good that your still here.

Xerus

Reaction score
I'm glad you and your family got a place to live again, Snowthy. And I pray that things will keep going better for you in the future.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
We all have our ups and downs Snowthers. But at the moment you really have far more to smile about at least. Number one priority is certainly a place to call home and I wish you all the very best for University and good luck in finding a part time job.
And even though you'll be limited to how much time you can spend with us the time you can visit is better than nothing at all. The Good Lord has been very generous. Amen. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hey!

You guys probably haven't seen much of me lately, eh?

Well, things have been rough lately: we were short of money... so short that there was the possibility that we might not be able to pay our first rent on the new house and we would back at Square One again, but lucky, my nana FINALLY came through for us and loaned us $2000 so we were able to pay our first month's rent!

So the house is now officially our's, BUT, because we've been "out of the scene" for so long, we've got a HUGE bill at the storage place, so it'll be a little while longer until we can retrieve our funiture, but luckily, we'll be getting that this weekend!

Thanks for your support guys, I really appreiciate it!

Love ya!

Snowthy