Beautiful Day Monster appearances on "The Muppet Show"

P

Philip Kippel

Which specific episodes of "The Muppet Show" did Beautiful Day Monster appear in? Which sketches was he in, what did he do and who performed him?

The Beautiful Day Muppet Show appearances that I DO know of are:

#3 Joel Grey--"Comedy Tonight"
#8 Paul Williams--travel office sketch with Paul ("Got anything cheaper?")
#9 Charles Aznavour--"I Feel Pretty"
#14 Sandy Duncan--"Nice Girl Like Me"
#16 Avery Schrieber--gets whacked by Gonzo at the end of the original opening credits
#19 Vincent Price--cameo in "At the Dance"
#21 Twiggy--gets whacked by Gonzo at the end of the original opening credits
#46 Peter Sellers--blows a trumpet behind Gonzo at the end of the opening credits
#68 Sylvester Stallone--grabs Gonzo's trumpet and plays it at the end of the opening credits

Any others?

Was he ever in the goodnights?

Thanks again everyone. Bye for now.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Beautiful Day was in the goodnights of the Milton Berle episode (though he didn't appear in the body of the episode). I think he was in the goodnights of the Joel Grey episode too (you can just barely see him on the right, when Fozzie moves his head).

He was also in the UK Spot of the Zero Mostel episode, and appears in the background of At the Dance on the Bruce Forsyth episode.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

P

Philip Kippel

Originally posted by Philip Kippel
Which specific episodes of "The Muppet Show" did Beautiful Day Monster appear in? Which sketches was he in, what did he do and who performed him?

#16 Avery Schrieber--gets whacked by Gonzo at the end of the original opening credits
#46 Peter Sellers--blows a trumpet behind Gonzo at the end of the opening credits
#68 Sylvester Stallone--grabs Gonzo's trumpet and plays it at the end of the opening credits

Any others?

Beautiful Day also appeared in "At the Dance" in the Charles Aznavour episode as well. I forgot!

P

Philip Kippel

Originally posted by Philip Kippel

Any others?

Beautiful Day also appeared in "At the Dance" in the Charles Aznavour episode as well. I forgot!

Which "Sesame Street" bits did Beautiful Day appear in?

P

Philip Kippel

Originally posted by swedish chefs
I He was performed by Richard Hunt.
Yes, but only in the Paul Williams episode.

Jerry Nelson performed Beautiful Day in the Charles Aznavour episode.

Beautiful Day was usually performed by Jim Henson.

P

Philip Kippel

Updated list:

#3 Joel Grey: he performs in the opening number "Comedy Tonight"
#8 Paul Williams: he appears in the travel office sketch with Paul (this is where he says "Got anything cheaper?")
#9 Charles Aznavour: he appears as the pretty monster's date at the end of the opening number "I Feel Pretty" and he dances (flattened and in drag) with Rowlf in "At the Dance"
#13 Bruce Forsyth: he dances in the background in "At the Dance"
#14 Sandy Duncan: he's the bartender in Sandy's opening number "A Nice Girl Like Me"
#16 Avery Schrieber: he pops up in front of the 'O' and gets whacked by Gonzo at the end of the original opening credits
#19 Vincent Price: he makes a cameo appearance in "At the Dance"
#21 Twiggy: he pops up in front of the 'O' and gets whacked by Gonzo at the end of the original opening credits
#26 Zero Mostel: he appears in the UK Spot
#27 Milton Berle: he appears in the goodnights
#32 Steve Martin: he appears in the audience at the beginning of the show
#43 Peter Sellers: he comes up from behind Gonzo and blows a trumpet at the end of the opening credits
#46 Teresa Brewer: he sings in the UK Spot "Cheese Cake"
#68 Sylvester Stallone: he grabs Gonzo's trumpet and plays it at the end of the opening credits

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
One more:

#65 Spike Milligan: he dribbles Gonzo like a basketball at the end of the opening credits

On TNT they switched it with the Leslie Uggams one with the ducks.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

P

Philip Kippel

Re-updated list:

#3 Joel Grey: he performs in the opening number "Comedy Tonight" and appears in the goodnights
#8 Paul Williams: he appears in the travel office sketch with Paul (this is where he says "Got anything cheaper?")
#9 Charles Aznavour: he appears as the pretty monster's date at the end of the opening number "I Feel Pretty" and he dances (flattened and in drag) with Rowlf in "At the Dance"
#13 Bruce Forsyth: he dances in the background in "At the Dance"
#14 Sandy Duncan: he's the bartender in Sandy's opening number "A Nice Girl Like Me"
#16 Avery Schrieber: he pops up in front of the 'O' and gets whacked by Gonzo at the end of the original opening credits
#19 Vincent Price: he makes a cameo appearance in "At the Dance"
#21 Twiggy: he pops up in front of the 'O' and gets whacked by Gonzo at the end of the original opening credits
#26 Zero Mostel: he appears in the UK Spot
#27 Milton Berle: he appears in the goodnights
#32 Steve Martin: he appears in the audience at the beginning of the show
#43 Peter Sellers: he comes up from behind Gonzo and blows a trumpet at the end of the opening credits
#46 Teresa Brewer: he sings in the UK Spot "Cheese Cake"
#65 Spike Milligan: he dribbles Gonzo like a basketball at the end of the opening credits
#68 Sylvester Stallone: he grabs Gonzo's trumpet and plays it at the end of the opening credits

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
On "Sesame Street", he was in the "Lulu's Back In Town" segment (a bit I wish they had used on The Muppet Show). This was around the time of the Street's first season or so. A green Anything Muppet (voiced by Jim) sang the song, and "Lulu" turned out to be Beautiful Day in a blonde wig.