Paul Rugg

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS'S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

This week I'm focusing on Paul Rugg. You may have seen him as a puppeteer in the Jim Henson special, Puppet Up. Before that, Paul was a cartoon writer and one of the funniest voice artists I've ever heard. He can do Jerry Lewis's voice really great.

AMERICAN DRAGON, JAKE LONG: Prof. Rotwood
THE ANT BULLY: Ant 5
ANIMANIACS: Mr. Director, Einstein, additional voices
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR OF STAR COMMAND: Ed the Courier, Cosmo
DAVE THE BARBARIAN: Dark Lord Chuckles the Silly Piggy
DISNEY'S 1 SATURDAY MORNING: Tubedweller, Manny the Uncanny(live actor)
EVERQUEST 2(VG): Drammer Quickblade, Caelig Shauwls, Dailin Blainin, Haunt of Solusek Mines, Captain Ganwail, Lord Fannos Stormhelm
FREAKAZOID!:Freakazoid! Paul Harvey, Censor Lady
HISTERIA!: Nostradamus, Lewis
PINKY & THE BRAIN: Mr. Sultana
PUPPET UP: Various Muppets

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I really admire how he became a puppeteer after years of knowing him for his work in cartoons! That's just so awesome!

Drtooth

Reaction score
XERUS'S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

This week I'm focusing on Paul Rugg. You may have seen him as a puppeteer in the Jim Henson special, Puppet Up. Before that, Paul was a cartoon writer and one of the funniest voice artists I've ever heard. He can do Jerry Lewis's voice really great.
WHOA! I really gotta see Puppetup! Someone who worked for Animaniacs AND Henson?

Does he do his weird foreigner voice as a puppeteers?

He'd be perfect to recast Marvin Suggs, actually....

Xerus

Reaction score
WHOA! I really gotta see Puppetup! Someone who worked for Animaniacs AND Henson?

Does he do his weird foreigner voice as a puppeteers?

He'd be perfect to recast Marvin Suggs, actually....
I can't remember if Paul did any foreign voices in Puppet Up. In fact, I didn't know it was Paul at first until they mentioned the names of the Muppeteers at the end of the show. I was surprised to see the name, Paul Rugg.