Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Even though the release date is still eighteen days away, we have the first review on the Internet of The Muppet Show Season 2 DVD box set. From the 24 episodes to the bonus features, find out all the details you’ve wanted to know about The Muppet Show Season 2.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/reviews/dvd/tms_season_2.shtml

Since most all of us will be getting The Muppet Show Season 2, I'd like to mention that if you order the release from Amazon using this link, a small portion of your order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site, forum and radio running smoothly. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the DVD set with free shipping.

AngryEwok

Reaction score
"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When Season 1 was released, fans were naturally disappointed that eight songs and scenes were cut mostly due to music rights issues. We are happy to report that after careful scrutiny, it appears that every Season 2 episode is indeed complete and uncut."

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Music to my ears! Thanks for the review, great work![/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
It is bitterly disappointing that they did not continue the Muppet Morsels feature after such an awesome beginning with it. :frown:

But the absolute completeness of all the episodes is a big consolation.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh, how AWESOME! Complete episodes! Great!

Although, I must say, I'm a bit upset with the lack of Muppet Morsels, the lack off behind the scenes stuff for the music video, and the length of the Muppets on Muppets thing... that's a bit dissapointing.

But still! It's great to see Fozzie and Kermit, and Animal and Rizzo on the menus! How neat! I can't wait for August 7th! :excited:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Well I am extremely happy about it being uncut, and the menus look fantastic. The Muppet Morsels would have been nice but sometimes they would go wayy off topic. Also its a shame that the bonus features arent that great. And why Bobo, Johnny, Sal, and Pepe in these interviews? That seems way off, but non the less, I am buying this set because it is uncut, and it makes me happy. I'm just glad that there are no cuts, and that we even get to have Season 2 of TMS.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah the lack of morsels is disapointing. And I don't have much interest in seeing any modern day bonus features. Plus, I have always disliked that photo of Piggy that is on one of the DVDs.

Though it's great that you can skip to different parts of the episodes now! I just hope next time the bonus features will include some of the older specials. I'd like to see the 2nd season episodes, especially since Beaker and "Valley Girl" Janice will be debuting. But I might wait a little while before buying.

anytimepally

Reaction score
"We are happy to report that after careful scrutiny, it appears that every Season 2 episode is indeed complete and uncut."

woohoo! :excited:

zns

Reaction score
God bless the people at Disney. Can't wait 'till August 7th. I give this box set three Kermits. :smile: :smile: :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the fantastic review, Phil! Very excited. :eek:

I wonder if Disney will ever release a supplemental season one disc - or, better yet, reissue a "complete" version of season one once all the seasons are out? That would make this fan very happy. It will be interesting to see how future seasons are treated by music licensors.

I also dig the improvements in the menus and don't mind seeing the "new guys" :rolleyes: in the interviews (so long as they are not the focus). I'm for one big happy Muppet family. :flirt:

AngryEwok

Reaction score
No double dipping, please... just release the cut stuff on a bonus disc of Season Five and I'll be happy.