Corey Burton

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS'S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

After Dr. Tooth gave me some insight about Corey Burton from last week's V/A focus, I decided to make Corey this week's focus. Yes, Corey had been known to take over the late Bill Scott's characters like Bullwinkle, Gruffi Gummi, and Toadie. Corey is also popular at Disney where he does replacement voices for classic characters like Ludwig Von Drake and Captain Hook and even does some voices for certain attractions at Disneyworld.

ATLANTIS and ATLANTIS 2: Moliere
BONKERS: Prof. Ludwig Von Drake
BORIS AND NATASHA: Narrator
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR OF STAR COMMAND: Brent Starkisser
CHIP N’ DALE’S RESCUE RANGERS: Dale, Zipper, Mole, Snout
CINDERELLA 2: Gus
DISNEY’S HOUSE OF MOUSE: Prof. Ludwig Von Drake, Captain Hook, White Rabbit, Ranger J. Audobon Woodlore, Grumpy, Gus, Mad Hatter, Chernabog, Zeus
DISNEY’S SING ALONG SONGS VIDEO SERIES: Prof. Owl
DUDLEY DO-RIGHT(THE MOVIE): Announcer
FINAL FANTASY X(VG): Trommel Guado, Maester Kelk Ronso
G.I. JOE: Tomax
GOD OF WAR 2: Zeus
GOOF TROOP: The How-to Narrator
GUMMI BEARS: Gruffi(second voice), Toadie(second voice)
HERCULES(THE DISNEY MOVIE): Titans, Burnt Man, End-of-the World Man, Tour Bus Guide
HERCULES(THE DISNEY SERIES): Zeus
HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME: Brutish guard
JACKIE CHAN ADVENTURES: Xiao Fung
JAMES BOND JR: James Bond Jr.
KINGDOM HEARTS 1 and 2(VG): Captain Hook, Dale, MCP, Santa Claus, Sark, Shan-Yu, The Peddler, Yen Sid, Additional Voices
JUSTICE LEAGUE and JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED: Brainiac
MICKEY MOUSE CLUBHOUSE: Prof. Ludwig Von Drake, Dale
MIGHTY MAX: Felix
MIKE, LU, and OG: Old Queeks
ONE SATURDAY MORNING: Mr. Werks
PETER PAN 2, RETURN TO NEVERLAND: Captain Hook, Mr. Smee
PHANTOM 2040: 23rd Phantom(second voice)
QUACK PACK: Prof. Ludwig Von Drake
RANGER SMITH CARTOONS FROM CARTOON NETWORK: Ranger Smith
ROGER RABBIT, ROLLER COASTER RABBIT: Droopy
ROGER RABBIT, TRAIL MIX-UP: Droopy
ROGER RABBIT, TUMMY TROUBLE: Orderly
ROBOTIX: Goon, Kanok, Tauron
STANLEY AND THE DINOSAURS: Stanley the Caveman
STAR WARS, EXPANDED UNIVERSE SERIES: Count Dooku
SUPERMAN(WB): Brainiac
TIMON AND PUMBAA: Quint
TOM AND JERRY BLAST OFF TO MARS: Martian Scientist
TOONSTRUCK(VG): Footman, Bricabrac, Goggles, Fluffy Show Announcer, WACME Quiz Master
TRANSFORMERS(ORIGINAL SERIES): Alpha Trion, Brawn, Shockwave, Sunstreaker, Wideload, Spike Witwicky, Dion, Vector Sigma
TREASURE PLANET: Onus
TRUMPET OF THE SWAN: Senator

D'Snowth

Reaction score
He's cool... but he didn't take over Bullwinkle, Keith Scott did.

Xerus

Reaction score
He's cool... but he didn't take over Bullwinkle, Keith Scott did.
I heard that Corey did some voicework for Bullwinkle in early commercials and theme park attractions, but in the live action Rocky and Bullwinkle movie, Keith Scott ended up voicing Bullwinkle as well as the Narrator.

rexcrk

Reaction score
It's awesome how his Sark voice in Kingdom Hearts II was pretty much the same as Shockwave from Transformers.

Very talented man, I love his Captain Hook!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I heard that Corey did some voicework for Bullwinkle in early commercials and theme park attractions, but in the live action Rocky and Bullwinkle movie, Keith Scott ended up voicing Bullwinkle as well as the Narrator.

I believe he also did the Redub voice of Bullwinkle on the Buena Vista released Rocky and Bullwinkle tapes.

Indeed Keith Scott has taken on the roles of Most Bullwinkle characters since the movie was in developement. And it is kind of fitting. The guy was a real Jay Ward Afficianado, and even wrote a book about the history of Jay Ward.

Corey also did the voice of one of the Island of Hat people in the Series finalie 3 part Schmerskuhooven Pinky and the Brian saga.

And fittingly (as he is Captain Hook, also performed originally by Hans Conried) he is the recast voice for Snidely Whiplash (Dispite his only use of it was a Universal park ride).

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember that Pinky and the Brain episode. That hat person had a Hans Conried sounding voice. Corey Burton can always do a great Hans Conried impersonation.