T*K*O - "Father Knows Best"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We take a look inside MrsPepper’s office, where we find her reading a letter she received in the mail… a letter that started to choke her up.

MRSPEPPER: (Reading over the letter) Oh my gosh… oh my gosh… no… no… no, this is terrible!

Meanwhile in ThePrawnCracker’s office…

VIC ROMANO: No! No! No! A thousand times NO!

THEPRAWNCRACKER: Hey, I’m doing the best I can; I’ve only been Chief Thread Killer for a short time!

VIC ROMANO: And I’ve been Vice President for only a short time! PrawnCracker, it’s my job to make sure all of you are doing your jobs, but my monitoring system indicates you’re slacking!

THEPRAWNCRACKER: Hey, I’m not used to doing THIS much multi-tasking, can you at least bear with me?

As Vic and Prawnie continued their argument, back in her office, MrsPepper was about to have a break down.

T*K*O
(Starring: MrsPepper, Vic Romano, ThePrawnCracker, TogetherAgain, Vibs, and Beauregard)​

Episode #: 51
Title: “Father Knows Best”
Original Airdate: 13-Apr-2007
Written By: D’Snowth
Created By: MrsPepper
Guest star: Bill Bubble Guy as Father Marty.

MrsPepper slowly got up from her chair and sadly walked out of her office, through Vic’s office, and down the hallway, only to be met with a fiery argument.

MRSPEPPER: Hey, hey, hey, what is going on here?

VIC ROMANO: This idiot is, as you always say, “skiving” off his duties!

MRSPEPPER: Is this true, Prawnie?

THEPRAWNCRACKER: No, it isn’t! I’m TRYING to do my job, I’ve got thirteen hot topic threads to kill, two other thread killers to check with periodically, not mention some extra paper work to fill out about some French dictionaries from 1983, and then this gorilla here is hounding me all day long!

VIC ROMANO: “Gorilla”? Now look here pipsqueak…

The argument resumed as MrsPepper shook her head, rolled her eyes, and sighed, besides, she has her own problems to deal with, so she continued down the hallway two feet and knocked on Father Marty’s door.

FATHER MARTY: (Calling from inside) Come in!

So MrsPepper walked into his office.

FATHER MARTY: Ah MrsPepper, (Stand up) always a pleasure seeing you around my neck of the woods.

MrsPepper didn’t say anything; she simply tried to screw a smile on her face.

FATHER MARTY: Um… won’t you sit down?

MRSPEPPER: I think I better…

So MrsPepper pulled up a chair while Father Marty sat back down in his own.

FATHER MARTY: MrsPepper, my instincts seem to indicate you’re rather upset about something…

MRSPEPPER: I am Father Marty, I really am…

MrsPepper then lowered her head and started biting her bottom lip.

FATHER MARTY: Well, care to share your problems with me?

MRSPEPPER: (Starts sniffling) Father I… I just got a letter today… a very VERY dear friend of mine, Emmy, was just in a horrible car accident this past weekend!

FATHER MARTY: (Grabs his crucifix) Oh my goodness! Is she alright?

A large tear then ran down MrsPepper’s cheek.

MRSPEPPER: (Chocked) … She’s gone.

FATHER MARTY: (Shock) Oh my Lord!

MRSPEPPER: (Sniffs) And right after I… I told her I never want to see her ever again.

FATHER MARTY: Oh? W-what happened, my child?

MRSPEPPER: (Wipes her eyes) Well, we had a little spat over a simple little thing… she was engaged and about to be married here about a couple of months ago or so, and she had sent me an invitation to the nuptials… but since I’ve had such a full plate what with what all has been going around here at TKO, I just couldn’t make it… she didn’t take that too well and said some rather insulting things… and I ended up saying some rather ugly things myself… (Sniffles) and we both said we never wanted to see each other ever again. (Sighs)

FATHER MARTY: Oh my… well, MrsPepper I realize that little disputes aren’t uncommon between close friends, but you have to remember that deep down in your hearts you two were still very good friends, and I’m positive that you didn’t mean to upset her and make her angry with you…

MRSPEPPER: (Cries) I sure didn’t… and I’m regretting it already! I feel so… so… so… so fatheaded and ignorant!

FATHER MARTY: (Hands MrsPepper a Kleenex) Well… hopefully you two will have a wonderful reunion in God’s Kingdom when… He feels that… well… you’re time is up as well…

Father Marty tried to continue his little speech, but suddenly found himself at a loss for anything else to say, although he was a very devoted Christian; he had only been a Chaplain for such a short time and never had to deal with a situation like this before, especially with someone who is his own boss. By this time, MrsPepper just broke down and started crying uncontrollably, not knowing what else to do, Father Marty scooted his hair next to MrsPepper; he then wrapped his arms around her and began to gently rock her back and forth.

FATHER MARTY: (Starts sniffling himself) I’m so sorry MrsPepper… I’m so terribly sorry.

MRSPEPPER: (Starts breathing hard) If only… if only there was a possible way to change the past!

FATHER MARTY: I’m afraid there isn’t.

MRSPEPPER: (Continues crying) This is the last thing I would’ve wanted to say to a friend before he or she died… I’ll never forgive myself… never… never…

MrsPepper cried even harder, so Father Marty continued hugging and rocking her.

*Commercial Break*

Prawnie was now relating his problems to Toga.

THEPRAWNCRACKER: Can you believe the nerve of that guy?

TOGETHERAGAIN: Relax will you?

THEPRAWNCRACKER: You think you know the guy, and the suddenly he’s like Attila the Hun!

TOGETHERAGAIN: Look, we’ve ALL been in our new positions for only a short time… we’re under a lot of stress, it’s been a hard week this week what with that new anti-thread killer coalition being formed and all those nasty threads they’ve been posting about us… he’s tired… we’re all tired… which is making us cranky and hard to get along with. I bet once we get these guys under control and our loads lighten up things will be back to normal.

THEPRAWNCRACKER: Yeah… (Smiles) Yeah, I shouldn’t let this get to me.

TOGETHERAGAIN: There you go!

THEPRAWNCRACKER: Well, I think I’ll just get back to work then. See you later!

TOGETHERAGAIN: Mazel tov.

Meanwhile in the café, Vic was having a soda.

VIC ROMANO: Darn that PrawnCracker… slow… lazy… good-for-nothing… you know sometimes I wish I was still Chief Thread Killer around here?

BEAUREGARD: What are you laying all this on me for? I’m just the custodian around here!

VIC ROMANO: Well, I got to share my problems with somebody!

BEAUREGARD: Well what IS the problem then?

VIC ROMANO: ThePrawnCracker is the problem! (Sighs) I mean he’s usually such a good thread killer… I mean I could tell that right off the bat the first day he was transferred here… but lately it’s like he seems so… so… so…

BEAUREGARD: Well, you guys seem to have been working hard lately… didn’t I hear something about a new anti-thread killer coalition going on that REALLY means business?

VIC ROMANO: … Yeah…

BEAUREGARD: You think maybe, just maybe these guys have gotten you all so worked up that the only way you could relieve yourselves of your tension is by taking it out on each since you guys are here now while they’re elsewhere and through a computer screen?

VIC ROMANO: You may have something there.

BEAUREGARD: I think so.

VIC ROMANO: You know, sometimes it takes a simple mind like yours to work things out?

BEAUREGARD: More people would realize that if us custodians weren’t so dejected and under-appreciated.

VIC ROMANO: (Nods) Thanks Beau.

BEAUREGARD: Anything you say, Chief!

So Vic finished his soda and dropped the can in the trash on his way out of the café, within seconds he and Prawnie were walking down the hallway at the same time heading towards each other.

VIC ROMANO: Prawn?

THEPRAWNCRACKER: Vic?

VIC ROMANO: Uh look… I just uh… well, I had a long good reality check on what all has been going on with everyone around here… and I do believe that we’re so tense and stressed out over this whole little feud with these anti-thread killers that I think we’ve been taking our problems out on each other and not even realizing it.

THEPRAWNCRACKER: (Nods) You know, I just had that same reality check?

VIC ROMANO: Yeah well… anyway, I just wanted to apologize about blowing up you like I have been… I was angry, but my anger wasn’t meant to be directed at you… and I’m sorry.

THEPRAWNCRACKER: Yeah, I’m sorry too.

Awkward pause.

VIC ROMANO: Well pal, now that we’ve got that hatchet buried, let’s get back to work.

THEPRAWNCRACKER: Any ideas on how we’re going to stop these guys?

VIC ROMANO: Well, let’s see…

With that, Vic put an arm around Prawnie and they walked down the hallway into his office talking shop about just what their going to do about their situation, meanwhile Toga was watching from her office.

TOGETHERAGAIN: (Sighs) I think peace and tranquility has finally returned to T*K*O.

*Commercial Break*

Meanwhile back in Father Marty’s office…

FATHER MARTY: (Praying with MrsPepper) Heavenly Father, we thank thee giving us all lives to live for our short periods here on this Earth, and Lord, the life of MrsPepper’s dear friend Emmy was definitely a short one, and I’m sure she was a very special, wonderful young lady …

MRSPEPPER: … She certainly was…

FATHER MARTY: … Lord, I can tell Emmy meant a lot to MrsPepper, and I pray that you will help her through these tough times… help her remember all the good times they had rather than bad… help her forget the little feud they recently had and leave it in the past… continue to bless MrsPepper oh Lord, and I pray that she may have a long, healthy, spiritual life… Amen.

MRSPEPPER: (Softly sighs) … Amen.

The two opened their eyes and raised their heads.

FATHER MARTY: This is all in the hands of the Almighty now, MrsPepper…

MRSPEPPER: (Wipes her eyes and blows her nose) Yes… yes it is.

FATHER MARTY: Can I help in any other possible way, my child?

MrsPepper paused for a minute to regain her composure.

MRSPEPPER: No, no, I do believe you were plenty helpful for me, you’ve definitely been a Godsend Father Marty, and I thank you for your help.

FATHER MARTY: (Smiles) My pleasure, MrsPepper.

With that MrsPepper left Father Marty’s office and headed for her own, feeling somewhat better now, though the death of a dear friend will still be hard on her for the time being, she is now confident that she will be able to go on with her own life. Jogging right MrsPepper entered Vic’s office where he found he and Prawnie playing chess.

MRSPEPPER: Oh, have you two finally solved your problems?

VIC ROMANO: We sure did.

THEPRAWNCRACKER: We realized our stress made us tense and the only way we could deal with it was by taking out our frustration on each other.

VIC ROMANO: But we are confident that something like this will never happen again.

MRSPEPPER: (Smiles) Glad to hear that.

THEPRAWNCRACKER: Something wrong MrsPepper?

MRSPEPPER: Why do you ask?

THEPRAWNCRACKER: Your face is all red.

VIC ROMANO: Yeah, and so are your eyes…

MRSPEPPER: Oh that… well… it’s a long story, but you see…

And as MrsPepper started to relate her problem to Vic and Prawnie, the frame starts fogging up as a flash back is revealed of MrsPepper and her friend Emmy as young school-aged children, hugging onto each other.

EMMY: Oh Peppi, you’re the best friend I ever had, I don’t know what I’d do without you…

MRSPEPPER: I don’t know what I’d do without you either, Emmy… I love you…

THE END

Executive Producer: Phillip Chapman
Producer: MrsPepper
Head Writer: D’Snowth​

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... A nice little episode. Needs a few touch-ups in terms of tense projections. And anti-thread killahs collation? Don't you mean "coalition" instead? Sounds less painful that way.
Anyway... Post more!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah well... That's why sometimes it's good to have an English dictionary on hand, let alone the French one Prawny's trying to get for who knows what fanfic creation of his.

Collation: Usually a collage of pictures or documents pasted together so it's easier to read or see them all at a glance.
Coalition: Group of people who come together for a specific cause as an organizational grouping.

Hope this helps.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh well, I went back in and edited it, so it should make more sense now.

And here's some trivia for you die-hard T*K*O fans: this episode was actually written practically at the last minute. Originally, we were going to have episode 51 be a clip show similar to what Seinfeld did before their finale, but the idea of this sudden came and was written down and with MrsPepper's gracious approval was slated for the 51st episode... besides, we already opened season three with a two-part clip show/flashback episode.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Ohhhh!! That was SO sad, but SO heart warming! I'm so glad Vic and I were able to work things out. A great episode, Snowthy, everyone written in perfect character. Can't wait for the next one! :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
How very emotional. It was so sad and touching.:cry:

I could feel myself inside my character. It sure is very close to the way I would have felt in a real-life such incident. Congratulations Snowth. I think of all my episodes this one is probably my most favourite of all.

And like you said this was a big change from the usual sort of comedy episode. And I'm glad it was. It was far too serious to laugh about. I almost felt like crying myself when I read it.:cry:

Wonderful bittersweet story.