Favorite Movie on MST3K

zns

Reaction score
The Touch of Satan was also good. I'm hoping that they will release the following on DVD in the near future:

-The Screaming Skull
-The Giant Spider Invasion
-Diabolic

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I've seen two of the Gamera movies spoofed, but don't recall which ones...I don't recall the Yusa reference...

Servo's head...

Crow: Pop him...pop him...pop him, pop him (Joel & Gypsy join in the chorus of "pop him!") That was the invention exchange, where the Dr. F parodies the movie Scanners, right? He tries to blow Frank's head up, and succeeds in blowing up Tom's instead.

Serveaux, heh. I remember that one...

How about when Crow paints Tom because Tom longs to be "a real boy?"

The slo-mo re-enactment fight host segment from Cave Dwellers, with Joel as "that evil John Saxon-looking guy."

Torgo's pizza.

Dr. F: Nice and warm.
Torgo: That's because I was sitting on it all the way here.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
zns said:
The Touch of Satan was also good. I'm hoping that they will release the following on DVD in the near future:

-The Screaming Skull
-The Giant Spider Invasion
-Diabolic

"The Giant Spider Invasion" IS available on DVD. That's the one with Alan Hale, right? It's part of the box set Mystery Science Theater 3000 Volume 10.

As for "Diabolik," I don't know if we'll ever see the MST3K episode on disc, even though it's historic as the last episode of the series. Paramount released a re-dubbed, uncut version on DVD a couple of years ago.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I laugh every single time MST is on, such a brilliant concept. Mainly because it's what real people genuinely enjoy doing when they watch movies.

One of my favorites was Devil Doll, an old 1960s film about a walking, talking ventrioquilst dummy who's actually a hypnotist performer whose soul was imprisoned in the wooden body. Lol

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... The segments for Devil Dolls were great too, Crow selling his soul to be the ventriloquist, Mike locked in the birdcage as his dummy and Servo as Crow's leggy assistant.

Was talking about Tom's head blowing up in general, always funny. Especially when he was Hercule Poirot piecing together the actors/characters' storylines from some of the bad movies they'd seen so far.

The only real inventions I remember are the pain cushion Dr. F forced Frank to sit on as punishment, thelifesize game of Operation, and Joel turning his body into a fluoroscoped game of Pinbolos.
Along wth the Wombmate Joel came up, which Sony then ripped off and have gone into business producing, at least, a similar cncept to the one first imagined on MST3K.

And as far as we're going with MST3K fandom... We MSTies know that Crow's real name is Art, and the best place to get M&M button candies is Mexico.
And here's another one... They also used to showcase viewer fanart at the end of the show, giving out the mailing address to send them fanart and fanmil.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
The Count said:
Yes... The segments for Devil Dolls were great too, Crow selling his soul to be the ventriloquist, Mike locked in the birdcage as his dummy and Servo as Crow's leggy assistant.

Was talking about Tom's head blowing up in general, always funny. Especially when he was Hercule Poirot piecing together the actors/characters' storylines from some of the bad movies they'd seen so far.

The only real inventions I remember are the pain cushion Dr. F forced Frank to sit on as punishment, thelifesize game of Operation, and Joel turning his body into a fluoroscoped game of Pinbolos.
Along wth the Wombmate Joel came up, which Sony then ripped off and have gone into business producing, at least, a similar cncept to the one first imagined on MST3K.

And as far as we're going with MST3K fandom... We MSTies know that Crow's real name is Art, and the best place to get M&M button candies is Mexico.
And here's another one... They also used to showcase viewer fanart at the end of the show, giving out the mailing address to send them fanart and fanmil.
Yep, I remember the fan art. They also used to read mail sent in from viewers. And every MSTie knows what the T. in Crow T. Robot stands for, right? The!

I never belonged to the fan club myself, but I guess it was still going strong when Sci-Fi pulled the plug. On the very last episode, the mailing address for club info was still there.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep... Nice lttle touch now that you mention it. I remember they did a summer movies special for the year Godzilla, the remake, and Halloween H2O or Pumpkin Water as they called it were release. They also did an Academy Awards special for the year Forest Gump and The Lion King were released as well.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about the movie. On the one hand, it was great seeing the guys up on the big screen. But...

First of all, the movie choice. "This Island Earth" is regarded as a classic of 1950s sci-fi. The movie was chosen because Gramercy Pictures, the studio behind the film, was afraid the public wouldn't go to see an intentionally bad movie like "The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies," or whatever it was called. Yes, there were some funny riffs, but overall, IMHO, TIE is a pretty good movie.

Secondly, the studio demanded that some of the more obscure references be omitted from the film. So a lot of the quips were dubbed over with more obvious ones.

Next, the studio wanted a "plot" to the film for some reason. As if three guys riffing on a movie wasn't enough. The plot footage was shot, but ultimately, much of it was scrapped, which is why in the finished film there are many holes in between the theatre segments.

I know this movie has cult status and quite a following, but it's just never worked for me. Too much tampering with the finished product...

And yes, Count, whenever Tom lost his head was funny. Sometimes it was unintentional, and Joel or Mike would put it back on. It seems that most of the outtakes from the show dealt with Tom's head always falling off!

Princeton

Reaction score
So we're quoting now...?

*Pod People*

Joel: Oh, pod people got no reason to live.

Servo: Fortunately, Molly was alert in 'nam and knmows how to track a boy with his snout nosed pal.

Tommy: What can we do, Trumpy?
Servo: Well, we could put on a play in the backyard; Trumpy could play Cyrano.

Chrissy: The radio has been making some strange noises too.
Servo: Yeah, it's called "music".

Uncle Bill: You can't go now.
Ricky: Why?
Servo: I made quiche.

Uncle Bill: Better make sure all the windows are bolted.
Joel: Now... for some peach cobbler.

*Cave Dwellers*

Servo: What? Wait a minute, folks, we've got snakes growling here.

Joel: Oh, if this is another flashback, I gotta go get a sandwich or something.

Servo: This film has more pauses than a Pinter play.

Crow: Geez, Tolken couldn't follow this plot.

Joel: All we can do is pray, though we haven't thought of any gods yet.

Crow: Why is she limping?
Servo: Cause she's got an arrow in her chest.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. And don't forget the ballad Tom sang about Ator flying...
Not to mention the quip about things in the rear view mirror shield being larger than they actually are.

Has anybody got the new bag of ramchips? Three handfuls to the first person who can tell me what the one good thing about Ring of Terror was.