Your Thoughts: MC's 9th Birthday

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nine years ago today, a little web site called Muppet Central debuted on the world wide web. Since then we've continued to grow year-by-year. You'll see some birthday greetings on the front page of the site and hear some birthday music on Muppet Central Radio. We're looking forward to keeping you informed of the latest Muppet happenings in the year to come.

I want to give out a special thanks to our staff (Kevin, Greg, Annika, DW, Jamie and Cindy) for all of their continued efforts to make Muppet Central a great place. Every one of you who visits and posts are also a big part of making this a positive destination for Muppet fans. Please continue to help spread the word.

Here are a few birthday questions just for fun...

(1) What is your first Muppet Central memory? When was it?

(2) How has your personal life changed over the years since then?

(3) Do you have a Muppet prediction for 2007?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Muppet Central has become my favorite place to be of anywhere, ever. It's my home away from home, and it's where a lot of my best friends dwell. I'm proud to say I'm an active member here.

(1) What is your first Muppet Central memory? When was it? Playing games in the Games section of the forum, and writing my first fan-fiction, "Muppet High." Both of these happened around the time MWoO debuted on TV.

(2) How has your personal life changed over the years since then? Very, very much so. In the past two years I've been a member at Muppet Central everything has changed in my life. I've learned how to laugh, and love, and write, and just how to be a truly good person from all the truly great people around here. Thank you Muppet Central.

(3) Do you have a Muppet prediction for 2007? I predict that we'll get amazing news about the pilot that was filmed, and that we'll see even more merchandise and TV appearances, and that everyone is going to end up having that same bright and ecstatic view about the Muppets that they had years ago.

Happy Birthday Muppet Central. Here's to many, many more years of uniting Muppet fans and friends around the world.

Thank you,
Ryan
Prawnie
theprawncracker

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Phil... Thought I'd stop and wish you and MC a very merry Muppet Central birthday!
Yaeeeyyy!!! *Flails arms about imitating da' frog-in-chief.

1 My earliest MC memory... Would have to say it was just after buying my first two Muppet action figures, Dr. Teeth and Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, back in June of 2002. Found the review by Ken Plume at ign.filmforce.com, stumbled across MC, and I've been happy to call this place my hang-out ever since.
2 How has MC changed my life? Well... First of all, both MC and the Palisades Toys Muppets figure line rekindled that spark of Muppet love and heritage in my heart. Stopped watching SS continuously when I started my undergrad college years in August of 1996. And it wasn't until the figures were released and I got my first two that that old familiar smile came back on my face. Secondly, it's greatly changed my life for the better, as I've made a great deal of friends here too numerous to count on only one hand. People I've laughed with, people I've made business deals with, and people that I've admired for their own creative talents.
3 As far as predctions... Muppets are making a comeback, that's undeniable. That's a fact and you can take it to the bank Jack!
*To Prawny: Jack, don't steal that please.
TMS Season 2 DVD set will be released in Jul 2007.
FR Season 3 DVD set will be released in September of 2007, and the movie will premiere in major movie theaters the next year.
SS Old School Volume 2 will be released in October 2007.

Couple of things that I'd like to suggest, and couple of problems I'm having with navigating the site at the moment (but that's due to my screenreader program, I hope to talk to the people running the thing tomorrow to try and sort things out).
Again... Happy birthday MC, we'll keep in touch Phil, and I wish the site nothing but the best this coming year.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score

Here are a few birthday questions just for fun...

MUPPETCRYPTS 2001

NOTHING REALLY

HOPEFULLY A NEW SHOW

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Ed, I love your predictions, and I hope each of them come true.

Jack: And what's all this about me stealing something? Everyone knows I haven't done that since... Yesterday!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*In Dr. Evil voice: Riiiiiiiiiiight...
Just some predictions, hope they come true. Not sure if we should post suggestions for improvements here or not, will wait to hear from Phil on that though.

King Jim

Reaction score

When Disney bought the Muppets.

Thanks to a MC member I love graphic arts.

Muppets will have a new tv show and a movie.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
1. Off hand, all I can say is that I never predicted that this place would eventually become my "home away from home", I honest can't get online without spending most of my time with my pals here at Muppet Central, and when I first joined I slowly began to realize there is such things as friendly forums, and this place is definitely THE friendliest!
2. I'm more social now since so many people have been so kind and open towards me here.
3. Yes, I predict that Disney is going to screw around with them some more and we'll see more empty promises... though at least there's still a new season of Sesame Street to look forward to.

Happy nineth birthday Muppet Central, and thanks to everyone for allowing to be a part of four of those nine years!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
(1) What is your first Muppet Central memory? When was it? The night AVMMC aired. I was putting along the forum and Beaker helped me out through some PMs. I was so grateful!

(2) How has your personal life changed over the years since then? Oh goodness. Well I went from 14-18 and have changed quite a bit. I moved away from home at 16 to pursue a higher education and have turned into a decent young woman (I'd like to think)

(3) Do you have a Muppet prediction for 2007? I'm not good at specific predictions, but I sure have a lot of hope.

One more thing, Phil thank you so much for doing all you do on MC. You're a gem!

Beauregard

Reaction score
(1) What is your first Muppet Central memory? - Aside from the embrassment of spelling Beauregard wrong?

(2) How has your personal life changed over the years since then? - Wow...I was young and annoying when I joined, now, I'm not so young. - But seriously, I've gained amazing friends through here, then on MSN, and now my greatest friends in the world are all virtual...wow, my life is so sad when I write it down...

(3) Do you have a Muppet prediction for 2007? - TMS Season 2, more news on the Pilot, Gonzo and Animal released by Replicas. And something BIG that's going on behind scenes being revealed.