T*K*O - "Promotion Commotion"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Our story opens today inside the conference room of the 3976th 1/2 T*K*O, where the president, MrsPepper was holding a special meeting.

MRSPEPPER: ...Okay, now that D’Snowth is gone, it’s time to go over the promotion list...

Just then, a mysterious stranger with an Australian accent walked in.

MARTY: Okay, I’m here now!

The whole staff then had looks on confusion on their faces.

MRSPEPPER: (Confused) Um, excuse me... who ARE you?

MARTY: Didn’t he tell you? I’m Marty, D’Snowth’s replacement!

ALL: (Shocked and confused) REPLACEMENT?!

T*K*O
(Starring: MrsPepper, Vic Romano, ThePrawnCracker, TogetherAgain, Vibs, and Beauregard)​

Episode #: 44
Title: “Promotion Commotion”
Original Airdate: 23-Jan-2007
Written By: D’Snowth
Created By: MrsPepper
Guest star: Bill Bubbly Guy as Marty

Moments later in MrsPepper’s office...

MRSPEPPER: So let me get this straight...D’Snowth sent you over here thinking you could be his replacement.

MARTY: That’s right, he said something about it would be “a weight off Vic Romano’s shoulders”.

MRSPEPPER: Well, I am terribly sorry, but Vic Romano is in line for a promotion for D’Snowth’s job, and besides, we really don’t need any new threads killers in our outfit.

VIC ROMANO: And besides, only I can recruit new members here.

MARTY: Well, I’m just going by what he said.

MRSPEPPER: How do you know D’Snowth anyway?

MARTY: Why he’s a good buddy of mine! I love him like a brother! He said I’d make a great addition to this unit...couldn’t you just give me a chance? Please?

MRSPEPPER: Well...I’m sort of in a bind here right now, if you could just wait in the lobby for a minute, I’ll get back to you.

MARTY: All right then!

With that, Marty walked out of MrsPepper’s office.

VIC ROMANO: We don’t have room for a sudden new member here, and lets fit, D’Snowth never usually stayed on track as vice president, and if this guy knows D’Snowth, it could be the same story all over again.

MRSPEPPER: I know, I know...I’ll take care of him, let’s get back to the meeting.

So, back in the conference room...

MRSPEPPER: (Reading over promotion list) ... Vic Romano, you’re being promoted to Vice President, and ThePrawnCracker is being promoted to chief thread killer.

THEPRAWNCRACKER: Aw, this is such an honor! I’ve always dreamed of being a chief thread killer here at T*K*O! I won’t let you down MrsPepper!

MRSPEPPER: I know you won’t.

VIBS: What about me-ish?

MRSPEPPER: Vibs, you’ve already had one promotion, so you really don’t need another one so soon.

TOGETHERAGAIN: So, who’s going to be our new Vice Thread killer?

MRSPEPPER: I guess we won’t need one after all.

TOGETHERAGAIN: Um MrsPepper, am I not getting a promotion either?

MRSPEPPER: (Looks over list) I’m sorry Toga, but it looks like you’ve been overlooked for a promotion.

TOGETHERAGAIN: So I’m still just a Union Thread Killer?

MRSPEPPER: I’m afraid so. Well now, as of right now, Vic will be moving out of his office, and into D’Snowth’s old office, and Prawnie, you can move into Vic’s old office.

THEPRAWNCRACKER: Who’s going to be in my old office?

MRSPEPPER: Uh... well then, uh... Beau can have his own office.

VIC ROMANO: Oh wait till we tell him.

MRSPEPPER: All right then, meeting adjourned!

So everyone began to leave the conference room, but TogetherAgain stopped MrsPepper in her tracks.

TOGETHERAGAIN: MrsPepper, I don’t want to sound like a bother or anything, but I really feel I should be in line for a promotion, I mean I’ve been here for almost three years now, and I’m still just a Union Thread Killer, and I’m still be paid minimum wage!

MRSPEPPER: Believe me Toga, I know just as well as you do that you should have a promotion, but I’m telling you, you’ve been overlooked. Now I can try to call Number One and see if I can’t get you a promotion, but that’s just about all I can do. It’s worth a shot though.

TOGETHERAGAIN: (Sighs) Thanks, MrsPepper.

MRSPEPPER: No problem.

So the two walked out of the conference room to find Vic, and Prawnie were already carrying boxes around moving into their new offices.

*Commercial Break* Daily Trivia Question: What Muppet character presented the thread killers of the 3976th 1/2 with the T*K*O Unit of the Year Award? Submit your answer and win a free T*K*O lunchbox!

Later that afternoon, in Vic’s old office, which is now Prawnie’s new office.

VIC ROMANO: So, how do you like it here?

THEPRAWNCRACKER: I like it just fine! So much more bigger than my office was!

VIC ROMANO: Tell me about it, D’Snowth’s office is huge compared to mine! I feel like I’m out in the open in there!

THEPRAWNCRACKER: Boy I feel so proud about this! Imagine, me being promoted to CHIEF thread killer! I wasn’t even vice thread killer at the 001st... but for some reason when Number One switched me out for That Announcer, he got bumped up to chief thread killer there.

VIC ROMANO: I’m afraid he had more seniority than you at the time.

Meanwhile in the conference room...

MRSPEPPER: ...Well, here’s what I’m going to do, with everyone else’s promotions around here, there’s now a new empty, yet completely furnished and equipped office open that we were going to give to our custodian, now although this is against policy, I’ll give you a chance, but honestly, we just don’t NEED a new thread killer around here.

MARTY: So shall I report to work now?

MRSPEPPER: Sure. You can report to the second office to the left, and I’ll send in ThePrawnCracker, who’s our new chief thread killer to hand out your paper work.

Marty then grabbed MrsPepper’s hand and started shaking it like crazy.

MARTY: Thank you MrsPepper! Thank you Sheila! I promise, you won’t be disappointed!

MRSPEPPER: Yes well, good luck Marty.

MrsPepper got up from her seat and began walking out of the conference room.

MARTY: (Praying aloud) Thank you gracious God for allowing this wonderful opportunity to be open to me!

MrsPepper then walked down the hallway into ThePrawnCracker’s new office.

THEPRAWNCRACKER: I really like my new office MrsPepper! It sooooo spacious!

MRSPEPPER: I can see that! Well, you do realize that now you’re chief thread killer, it’s your responsibility to monitor the rest of the staff’s thread killing and hand out their daily paperwork right?

THEPRAWNCRACKER: Yes, I can see the monitoring device here on the desktop, and I just now gave out everyone’s paperwork.

MRSPEPPER: Well, get ready to hand out some simple paperwork, were going to give that Marty guy a try today and see how he works out.

THEPRAWNCRACKER: Oh, okay. Sure.

With that, MrsPepper walked into Vic’s new office.

VIC ROMANO: Well?

MRSPEPPER: We’re going to give him a shot today to see if he works out.

VIC ROMANO: Well alright, but gee, it seems like the only time I’ve been able to use my job as a recruiter was when we picked up Toga.

MrsPepper then walked into her office and made a phone call to Number One.

MRSPEPPER: (On the phone) Oh hello Number One, this is MrsPepper of the 3976th 1/2. Yes sir, yes sir, we did receive the promotion list... oh really? Oh, well that explains it. Well I’m glad I called then. Thank you sir. Bye.

With that, MrsPepper got up from her chair and dashed into Vic’s new office.

MRSPEPPER: I found out why Toga never got her promotion!

VIC ROMANO: Oh really, why?

MRSPEPPER: There was actually two parts of the promotion list, and Number One forgot to send the part with her promotion, so we can now promote her to a Full-Fledge Thread Killer!

VIC ROMANO: Hey that’s great! Now she can actually make better money here.

MRSPEPPER: I’m going to go tell her right now!

VIC ROMANO: Before you go, you might want to look at this: that new guy isn’t doing a really good job of killing threads...he’s driving them off topic alright, but it’s my considered opinion that this guy would make a better priest than a thread killer!

MRSPEPPER: Hmm, I have an idea!

So later that evening in the conference room...

MRSPEPPER: Mr. Marty, I’m sorry to say your thread killing didn’t quite meet our standards.

MARTY: Oh well, at least you gave me a chance, and I’m thankful that you did.

MRSPEPPER: HOWEVER, you can still be of some use around here for us.

MARTY: Oh really? How?

MrsPepper pulled out two cross-shaped pins out of her pocket and pinned them on Marty’s shirt.

MRSPEPPER: Congratulations, you’re T*K*O’s first chaplain.

MARTY: A chaplain? Me?

MRSPEPPER: I had a lot of red tape to cut through, but it’s official, you’re the first chaplain in the Thread Killers Organization, and you’ll be stationed here with us, I really believe good spiritual guidance for our staff here would be refreshing.

MARTY: Wow, imagine God’s plans for me would be for me to be one of his representatives!

MRSPEPPER: I’m glad D’Snowth sent you in!

MARTY: So am I, I’ll really have to thank him for this!

*Commercial Break* Daily Trivia Question: What T*K*O unit does ThePrawnCracker originate from? Submit your answer and win a free T*K*O lunchbox!

So later that evening in TogetherAgain’s office.

MRSPEPPER: ...So that’s the story, and congratulations on your promotion to Full-Fledged Thread Killer!

TOGETHERAGAIN: Oh thank you MrsPepper! Thank you! I can’t tell you how happy this makes me, I feel I’m finally moving up in the world!

MRSPEPPER: You certainly are! You should be proud of yourself Toga, you’re no longer on the bottom of the thread killing food chain around here anymore!

TOGETHERAGAIN: This certainly is the happiest day of my life!

THE END

Executive Producer: Phillip Chapman
Producer: MrsPepper
Head Writer: D’Snowth​

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Awesome! I love that Marty is the Chaplain! He'll be thrilled, it's perfect for him!!! Great episode, but I miss D'Snowth! :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Great episode... Do I detect a M*A*S*H vibe pervaying the T*K*O staff with it's newest addition?
Couple of things though...
1 Not a wise thing to post a trivia question when the answer is blaring the reader in the episode itself.
C'mon... How many people won't find Prawny's original T*K*O unit's number in the text of the episode itself?
2 Why did this episode get posted today? I mean, D'Snowth Gets the Sac was Episode #40, which was posted yesterday... And then we get this one today, Episode #44. Shouldn't D'Snowth Gets the Sac as Episode #41 be the next episode to have been posted?
Just askin'.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
1. Don't complain to me about that, take it up with the Network, the whole "T*K*O Week" and trivia contest was their idea/doing!
2. The episodes are being aired in production order this season ("D'Snowth Gets the Sack Part 1" was the first episode produced this season, and "Promotion Commotion" was the second episode produced this season, and so on and so forth.)

And yes, if you mean do you suspect Marty will be our "Father Mulcahy", then you're absolutely right, "Father Marty" is based on Father Mulcahy from M*A*S*H. When you really think about it, don't Vic and Prawnie seem like our Hawkeye and B.J.?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I love it Snowthy:smile: I admit I was a bit confused at first like Ed but I understand about "production order" broadcasting. So we have two episodes to come sometime in between the season premiere and my official introduction, but we'll be looking forward to seeing how the continuity gaps are filled in.

I love my position as chaplain and I can't wait to see what sorts of Christian humour my character is used to present in future episodes.:excited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
So we have two episodes to come sometime in between the season premiere and my official introduction
Actually three because episodes 41, 42, and 43 are inbetween episodes 40 and 44, lol!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Oh Father Marty cannot count.:embarrassed:
Well nobody is perfect. We all have some little faults. But God loves us all the same.:smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ah Father Marty, such a nice, sweet, and gentle priest; let us hope he isn't subject to witnessing unecessary hanky-panky like Father Mulcahy.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I GOT PROMOTED! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

<Giggles> Great episode, looking forward to more!