Elmo Wants To Be Like Don Music

wiley207

Reaction score
A slight parody of the old Sesame Street episode where Elmo wants to be like the Count, but with a funnier character choice!

ELMO WANTS TO BE LIKE DON MUSIC

The setting is on the Street. Don Music is playing a piano and trying to write a song as Maria and Gordon watch. Elmo is watching, too.

Don Music: Let’s see… (begins playing and singing) “The Eensy-Weensy spider went up the water spout…”

Elmo: Oh boy. Elmo love watching Don Music write songs. Don Music is gonna make mistake, and then when he does, Don will say “I NEVER get it right” and bang his head on piano! Bang! Oh, here he goes!

Don Music: Good progress so far… (continues) “Down came the rain and washed the spider… uh, spider… uh, washed the spider…”

Elmo: Oh, here come bangs!

Don Music: “Spider…” Oh, OH I’LL NEVER GET IT RIGHT! I should just QUIT! OH! (bangs his head on the piano)

Elmo: (laughs) Bang! Bang!

Gordon: Uh, Don Music, I think you should take a break.

Maria: Yeah, clear your head a bit. It’ll give you more inspiration!

Don Music: OK. Come, Ludwig. (takes his Beethoven bust with him and walks off)

Elmo: Oh boy! Now it ELMO’S turn to make piano mistake and bang! (runs over to piano and begins randomly hitting keys) “This is the song, la-la-la-la, Elmo’s song…”

Maria: ELMO! Get away from Don’s piano! (swipes up Elmo)

Elmo: But… but Elmo want to make mistake writing song and make bang-bangs!

Maria: Make bang-bangs? Oh, that’s not a good idea, Elmo.

Gordon: Yeah, Elmo, banging your head is not a good idea at all. You could hurt yourself.

Elmo: But Don Music make bang-bangs all time and HE not hurt!

Gordon: Well… he’s been doing it for so many years that he’s become immune to it.

Maria: Yeah, Elmo, why don’t you just run along?

Elmo: OK… (walks away, but then to the camera) Elmo will find ANOTHER way to bang head!

(Later…)

Elmo: Oh boy! Elmo got great idea! See, Elmo gonna try and write alphabet! (holds up paper and pencil) Then Elmo gonna make mistake, and go, “Elmo never get it right!” and then bang-bang! OK, here go… (begins writing) A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H… uh, H… uh, Elmo NEVER get it right!

Suddenly Grover runs up.

Grover: ELMO! What are you doing with my pad of paper! (gasps) You wrote on my pad! That was not a good thing to do! (runs off)

Elmo: How is Elmo gonna make mistake now?

(Some time later…)

Elmo: (pacing) Let me see… how will Elmo make mistake and bang head? Ah! Elmo have idea! Elmo make poem! Uh… “Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet, so are you.” No! Elmo was supposed to stall! Elmo made a mistake! Wait! That’s it! Elmo NEVER get it right! Elmo NEVER good at making mistakes! Elmo quit! OHHH!

Elmo begins banging his head on the brick wall! Maria walks around the corner and sees Elmo doing it.

Maria: (gasps) ELMO! Why are you banging your head?

Elmo: Elmo want to make mistake and go bang-bang, like Don Music!

Maria: Well, Elmo, Don Music has problems with his anger. He takes it out in a way he’s not supposed to.

Elmo: Then why Don Music do it?

Maria: Well, that’s because it gets to be a habit… a bad habit. It’s like eating too much junk food all the time or always calling people names.

Elmo: Elmo never eat too much junk food or call people names.

Maria: Good, and you shouldn’t bang your head when you feel frustrated.

Elmo: OK.

Don Music suddenly runs into the scene.

Don Music: Guess what, everybody! I finished my new song! It’s “The Eensy Weensy Caterpillar!” Hit it, Little Chrissy and the Alphabeats!

The band runs in and they all begin playing the music and singing, including Elmo.

Everyone: (singing) “The Eensy-Weensy Caterpillar
Crawled up the wooden branch!
Then he made a pupa,
It wasn’t like a ranch!
Out of the pupa,
He found out he could fly!
And the Eensy-Weensy Caterpillar
Was now a butterfly!”
YAAAAAAAAY!

Kermit the Frog comes into the scene, in his reporter outfit.

Kermit: I should start doing more Don Music reports in this business!

THE END

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe I missed this! And so did everyone else appearently...
That was very cute! I love little baby Elmo in the 80's!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah I missed it too, very nice! Yes it is more like the Elmo of the '80s who wanted to be like all the older characters, which is great. :smile:

Don Music has problems with his anger, yes! I love his sketches but I sometimes wish they'd spelled it out a bit more. That he didn't know how to handle his anger and gave up too easily. But in the end, he succeeded because he kept trying and accepted help from friends.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Actually, I never thought of it as Music having anger problems. Self-immage problems? Maybe.
I loved Maria's explination of that to Elmo, and her gently explaining why it was wrong.

ISNorden

Reaction score
I always saw Don Music as having trouble handling frustration/impatience, not anger per se; he was a parody of the "temperamental artist" stereotype. In any case, this is a pretty decent fanfic...the idea of anyone wanting to make mistakes on purpose is funny, and so is the idea of Elmo upsetting so many people along the way.