Sesame Street censorship

roadrat15

Reaction score
Somethings are sometimes too censored for their own good. If a muppet bangs their head against the table, I don't consider it dangerous,it's darn funny.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I accidentally bumped my head on the wall last night. That wasn't very funny for me.

roadrat15

Reaction score
Oh, Mommy will be so proud of me! Once again SUPer roadrat has saved the day!

Hays

Reaction score
Does anybody remember the series of animated shorts (I hope this was SS and not the Electric Company) where there was a construction worker guy. He'd come up to a sign that said, say "DANGER," and sound it out slowly and incorrectly, and something would fall on him eventually. Kind of like the Chicken Jane shorts on Between the Lions now.

You know, I can see why they've retired those, but my brother and I LIVED for them at the time! Even with a two-year-old of my own, I'd love to see those back!

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Sesame Street had some cartoon shorts with a guy trying to read a sign, and something happening to him...and The Electric Company had some like that too...except that the SS ones were words, and the TEC ones were commands ("Duck", "Do not enter", etc.)

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I think I know what you mean. I remember one where he pronounced the word "school" and a little boy or a little girl came up to him and said, "What are you talking about? Today is Saturday." Then he responded "Oh, no school."

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Hays
Does anybody remember the series of animated shorts (I hope this was SS and not the Electric Company) where there was a construction worker guy. He'd come up to a sign that said, say "DANGER," and sound it out slowly and incorrectly, and something would fall on him eventually.
Do you mean this?

www.toonarific.com/s/sesametoo9.jpg

I think that sounds correct!