Kermit Might not be in Macy's Parade 2006

abiraniriba

Reaction score
I was reading the Daily News and found that they were testing the baloons for the upcoming Thanksgiving parade, and they are thinking about not using Kermit this year. Aparrently high winds have proven hazardous. A few years ago someone was injured when the Cat In The Hat Balloon took out a lamppost. Hopefully the weather will prove good enough for Kermit to fly and Macy's will change their mind

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
he WASN'T in it lastyear (2005)! i taped it i fast forward and rewond ....

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
How sad :frown: Maybe we'll get a kermit 2.0

Interesting story on the lady who was injured by the Cat and the Hat balloon....it's the same lady whose apartment the pitcher flew his plane into a month ago....scary stuff!

Tim

Reaction score
Actually it was The Pink Panther that got the lamp post, The balloons have to be "sponsored" (paid for) by someone. Kermit used to be "courtasy Jim Henson Productions", but if he wasn't in last year's parade, and doesn't make it into this one-you get the feeling Disney doesn't feel it's worth paying for? I'll be Big Bird and the SS float make it.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Tim said:
Actually it was The Pink Panther that got the lamp post, The balloons have to be "sponsored" (paid for) by someone. Kermit used to be "courtasy Jim Henson Productions", but if he wasn't in last year's parade, and doesn't make it into this one-you get the feeling Disney doesn't feel it's worth paying for? I'll be Big Bird and the SS float make it.
Oops sorry Pink Panther Fans. As payment for that mistake I will step on a thousand ants. :embarrassed:

For the past 10 years I haven't seen much of the parade because I've been traveling upstate to visit my brother-in-law for Thanksgiving, so it's easy to forget the little details

MelissaY1

Reaction score
No it was the Dr. Seuss balloon last year, the Pink Panther hit into something else a few years back

superboober

Reaction score
Have any other characters had balloons and/or floats outside of the recurring Sesame float and Kermit's original 1977-1990 run?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That would be disappointing if we didn't have :smile: this year, but at least I know Grover will be there. I saw his balloon on the TV news this morning.