Your Thoughts: MC Radio Upgrades

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As announced earlier, we are now entering a testing period over the next few days where we are broadcasting Muppet Central Radio live in stereo. Before today, we were broadcasting at 32 kbps, but now we're broadcasting at 64 kbps. With this change, you'll need a broadband connection to listen. If you like these changes or if you preferred the stream at it's lower quality (so you could listen via dial-up) please post in the discussion below. We want to hear your feedback on these changes.

Just a reminder that there are two version of Muppet Central Radio... a FREE stream with on-screen ads and a VIP stream with twice the sound quality as the free version and with no on-screen ads. If you've never listened to Muppet Central Radio have a listen as we play more than 2000 classic Muppet songs with new material being add all the time. We'll begin playing Christmas music on Friday November 24. You can listen to MC Radio with the Live365 player, any MP3 player on your computer and even on a Tivo Series2 (with a VIP membership). Run the listening wizard if you have trouble listening.

Have a listen to the changes and let us know your thoughts.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Another strange one

For the past hour or so (it's almost 10:30 here on the East Coast) the title for a song called "CheeseCake" by Dr.Teeth is displayed.Meanwhile,other songs are playing.Maybe one of you mods can take a look at it please?
Thanks.
Kathy

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, I know that one Kathy... What happened is you opened up the main page to MC at a time when that particular song, in this case "Cheesecake", was the song being played. But since then, other songs are playing on MC Radio while "Cheesecake" remains as the current song listed as the one being played that moment.
What you need to do is refresh MC's main page and you'll get the current song being played on MC Radio instead. This happens to me all the time, so I know the sitch you're describing.

Hope this helps, have a mewtiful day.

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
Katzi428 said:
For the past hour or so (it's almost 10:30 here on the East Coast) the title for a song called "CheeseCake" by Dr.Teeth is displayed.Meanwhile,other songs are playing.Maybe one of you mods can take a look at it please?
Thanks.
Kathy
That happened to me too, it was there for like 10 minutes. Now where I am, we're not receiving track information so nothing is playing!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
maniacal muppet said:
That happened to me too, it was there for like 10 minutes. Now where I am, we're not receiving track information so nothing is playing!
Please try it again now. We had an issue in the middle of the night related to the upgrades that occurred this past weekend.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Katzi428 said:
Kathy, yes this was an issue as well late last night. It's now been corrected and the track info should be current on the home page and the radio page.

The Count was referring to the track information not automatically reloading on the home page (like it does on the radio page) and that's something that will be rolled out soon.

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
At about 8:00 on Friday, November 17 ,what should normally be The Lullaby Of Broadway was called;

The Eskimo Pigs and The Animals with Kermit, Statler and Waldorf筿೦â±ä®¬à¹•ã‡‘黷ნ錘凨ì¡æ¢‘ï¿½æ‚Ÿè¹…ï‹¿æ‚‚ç‡˜á†„ï¶ ç­–ï¿½The Muppet Show - "EEThe Muppet Show" - The Muppet Show

This was seen on the Live 365 Radio Player and On the Muppet Central Radio Page.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
maniacal muppet said:
The Eskimo Pigs and The Animals with Kermit, Statler and Waldorf筿೦â±ä®¬à¹•ã‡‘黷ნ錘凨ì¡æ¢‘ï¿½æ‚Ÿè¹…ï‹¿æ‚‚ç‡˜á†„ï¶ ç­–ï¿½The Muppet Show - "EEThe Muppet Show" - The Muppet Show
This is an issue with the new software we are using from Live365. Once they issue a fix we'll update this. You may see random characters inserted like this on a few tracks from time-to-time for the time being though.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
OK not really on the radio, per say...but on the feed on the front page saw this:

Now Playing:
Sesame Street Christmas Overture / We Wish You A Merry Christmas킨N롿ìŸï¢ ìˆå£¾Ü»ï®ê˜®â©“鞴䧒뎑ê’*ç³ï‹¿æ‚‚৫ቧ��The Sesame Street Cast

Probably just a random error, but I thought I'd report it just in case....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Have something to comment on... On Saturday and Sunday nights when I was listening to the radio, my screenreader was able to work fine switching between the open browser windows and posting here while I was enjoying the music. But now, today at this time, for some reason, my radio connection's getting shorted out and I get a "Station is unavailable" message. Everything OK with MC Radio Phil?