Mary Kay Bergman

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS'S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

This week's V/A focus is the late Mary Kay Bergman. She was a popular voice actress during the 90's. But sadly, in 1999, she suffered a mental illness and ended up shooting herself. -_-;; So I'm dedicating this focus to Mary to honor and remember her talents.

BALTO 2, WOLF QUEST: Fox, Wolverine 3
BATMAN & MR. FREEZE, SUBZERO: Barbara Gordon/Batgirl
THE BEARS WHO SAVED CHRISTMAS: Holly Bear
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST: Bimbette
CAPTAIN PLANET & THE PLANETEERS: Dr. Blight(second voice)
THE CURSE OF MONKEY ISLAND(VG): Ghost bride
THE FAIRLY ODDPARENTS: Timmy Turner(first voice), Vicky(first voice)
FAMILY DOG: additional voices
FANTASTIC FOUR(1995): Princess Annelle
GABRIEL KNIGHT, SINS OF THE FATHERS(VG): Gerde
THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME: Quasimodo's mother, Djahi, Townswomen
THE IRON GIANT: Hogarth(sleeping sounds and screams)
IRON MAN: Princess Annelle
JAY JAY THE JET PLANE: Jay Jay, Herky, Savannah, Revvin' Evan
KING'S QUEST, MASK OF ETERNITY(VG): Apothecary Gnome, Swamp Witch
LADY AND THE TRAMP 2: Si
THE LIFE AND ADVENTURES OF SANTA CLAUS: Martha
THE LITTLE MERMAID(THE DISNEY SERIES): Arista, additional voices
MULAN: Female Ancestor
SCOOBY DOO AND THE WITCH'S GHOST: Daphne
SCOOBY DOO ON ZOMBIE ISLAND: Daphne
THE SECRET FILES OF THE SPY DOGS: Mitzy, Mitzy's owner, Timmy, Scribble's owner
SOUTH PARK: Most of the female voices(credited as Shannon Cassidy at first)
THE TICK: The Ottoman, Ant colonists, Receptionist
TOY STORY 2: Jessie(yodeling)
THE X-FOOLS(VG): FBI Agent Dede Scudder, Gillian Anderson, Helen Hunt, Jenny McCarthy

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Bringing this back up topside... Will come back and comment later.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Mary Kay also gave voices to the Matron, Anchorwoman, and Angie Yauberks on the Johnny Bravo episode, "Pop Art Johnny", the only one she gave voices to since her death.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Question time.

Bimbette, was that the blonde one we see mainly, during the Noone Like Gaston song?
Princess Annelle, who was she?
Quasimodo's Mother, is she named Djahi? If so, was she just a normal-looking gypsy woman?
For that matter, was Madeline from the sequel a normal-looking woman?
Arista... *Longing sigh. Besides Ariel, my fave of the six Atlantican mermaid princesses.
The funny thing is the differences... See, on the show, she had blonde hair sort of draped over her head so you only saw one eye on her face, along with a red bra and fishtail. But the figure I found once at my local Disney Store before putting it back and the store closing down had a blue bra and fishtail.
Zombie Island was probably the last Scooby-Doo movie aired in English on Cartoon Network I remember, before the first airing of Alien Invaders. After that, all Scooby-Doo movies and subseries are all aired in Spanish.
However, Mary Kaye's death leads me to ask this... Was that the cause as to recasting the voice talents for Daphne? If so, it needs to be done again because when in English, I can't tell the difference in the newer series and movies as to whether it's Daphne or Velma who's speaking. You can tell when it's done in Spanish though, apart from the long-standing incorrect translation of Velma's name.

That's pretty much all... Keep up the great work X.

P

Princeton

Eduardo, I think I can answer a few of your questions. A "Bimbette" is one of the group of the three girls seen in "Beauty and the Beast" (they're also referred to as "Silly Girls"). None of them have names. And as for "Hunchback", Quasi's Mother and Djali (Esmerelda's goat) are two different characters. I hope I did a good enough job of explaining that.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Bergman's last appearances as Daphne Blake include the following:

Scooby-Doo & The Witch's Ghost (1999)
The Scooby-Doo Project (1999)
Scooby-Doo & The Alien Invaders (2000)

Xerus

Reaction score
The Count said:
OK... Question time.

Bimbette, was that the blonde one we see mainly, during the Noone Like Gaston song?

I believe there were 3 bimbettes who were madly in love with Gaston.

Princess Annelle, who was she?

I can't really remember. It's been a while since I saw those Iron Man and Fantastic Four cartoons.

Quasimodo's Mother, is she named Djahi? If so, was she just a normal-looking gypsy woman?

I believe somebody else answered your question on this post.

For that matter, was Madeline from the sequel a normal-looking woman?

She had short blonde hair and was pretty.

Arista... *Longing sigh. Besides Ariel, my fave of the six Atlantican mermaid princesses.
The funny thing is the differences... See, on the show, she had blonde hair sort of draped over her head so you only saw one eye on her face, along with a red bra and fishtail. But the figure I found once at my local Disney Store before putting it back and the store closing down had a blue bra and fishtail.

Sorry, I've never seen the Arista toy figure before, so I can't answer that.

Zombie Island was probably the last Scooby-Doo movie aired in English on Cartoon Network I remember, before the first airing of Alien Invaders. After that, all Scooby-Doo movies and subseries are all aired in Spanish.
However, Mary Kaye's death leads me to ask this... Was that the cause as to recasting the voice talents for Daphne? If so, it needs to be done again because when in English, I can't tell the difference in the newer series and movies as to whether it's Daphne or Velma who's speaking. You can tell when it's done in Spanish though, apart from the long-standing incorrect translation of Velma's name.

Yes, I guess so. After Mary's death, Grey Delisle started doing the current Daphne.

That's pretty much all... Keep up the great work X.
Thank you. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Princeton and Xerus...

As for my question about Quasi's mother... Me thinks something got confused...
"J-O-L-L-Y" is the name of Esmeralda's goat.
But up in the listing there in the first post it says: Quasimodo's Mother, "D-J-A-H-I".
See the difference? Just asking if she was a normal-looking gypsy woman.

And I like Gray DeLysol, she voices a lot of characters from the Cartoon Network shows I watch. Hmmm, mayhaps a V/A focus for me to try... Unless you do that one first X.

Xerus

Reaction score
The Count said:
Thanks Princeton and Xerus...

As for my question about Quasi's mother... Me thinks something got confused...
"J-O-L-L-Y" is the name of Esmeralda's goat.
But up in the listing there in the first post it says: Quasimodo's Mother, "D-J-A-H-I".
See the difference? Just asking if she was a normal-looking gypsy woman.

Sorry, but I don't remember too much what the gypsy woman looks like.

And I like Gray DeLysol, she voices a lot of characters from the Cartoon Network shows I watch. Hmmm, mayhaps a V/A focus for me to try... Unless you do that one first X.
Actually, Grey Delisle's V/A focus was already done by Kuriboh Man.

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=28880&highlight=Grey+Delisle

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, thanks for the info and link Xerus. Well then, at least I still have something in mind for November, unless he gets his focus posted before then...