I think I've got a pretty good idea...

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the "Kingdom Hearts" game(s)? It's the great culmination of Disney characters fused together with Squaresoft's Final Fantasy characters. It's really a great game where the main character Sora runs through various Disney "world's" accompanied by Donald and Goofy in search for Mickey, Sora's friends and the bad guys known as "The Heartless" (at least that's how it is in the first one, I'm not entirely sure of the plot in the second one, even though the concept is the same).

ANYWAY, I was thinkin': what a great opportunity for Disney to really bump the Muppets popularity and appeal back by having a Muppet World or series of mini-games (perhaps like the Pooh land in the first one) in Kingdom Hearts III!?

You could sub a player for Animal, buy items from PePe, learn fighting techniques from Piggy, retrieve special items for Gonzo or rescue Kermit from the Heartless!

I personally L:flirt:VE the first KH, and enjoyed what I briefly saw in KH2. I honestly think the Muppets would make a terrific fit in the game and bring a lot of recognition back to the Muppets.
Thoughts?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I looooove the idea Vic!! I am a HUGE fan of Kingdom Hearts. I adore both one and two. And I think a Muppet world would be AMAZING!! Throughout the level you could have different Muppets join you to fight the various Heartless. Gonzo could fire himself out of the cannon, Statler and Waldorf could hurl tomatoes, Animal could attack, Bunsen and Beaker could have some random invention, Lew could throw fish, Sam could lecture, Fozzie could tell jokes, Piggy could karate chop, ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES!! C'mon Diz! Listen!!

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
One time in Gamepro, some one suggested using Labyrinth for the second game.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
crazed gonzo fa said:
One time in Gamepro, some one suggested using Labyrinth for the second game.
*decides to make new saying "One time in Gamepro..." :wink:*

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Has anyone played the second one? I watched my bud play for 10 minutes and I was impressed by the old black and white cartoon world. Very creative. But the Pirates of the Carribbean level seemed to be only like the movie, with no elements from the ride. Just think how original, diverse and creative a Muppet world could be. In this situation, the possibilities are truly limitless.

What if Giant Animal from TMM was a summoner spell? :halo:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
The second one is AMAZING. Much better than the first in my opinion. Much deeper story, enhanced battle tactics, etc.

And yes, a Muppet world would be completely out of this world. Think of all the cameos there could be!! Ooh it sets me all a-twitter!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Am I right about the Pirates level, Ry? What in your opinion, is the best level in KH2?

BEAR

Reaction score
My girlfriend's 15 year old cousin just got that game for his birthday a couple weeks ago. It looked pretty cool from what I saw on the game case.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Am I right about the Pirates level, Ry? What in your opinion, is the best level in KH2?
Ah, that's tough. I did enjoy the Pirates level, but you were right, none of it was based on the ride, all on the movie. Which I didn't mind too much, since I'm a huge fan of the movie.

My favorite level would prolly be The Lion King level, I loved seeing Rafiki and Scar. Although some of the voices were done by different voice artists (Nala and Scar are for certain, maybe Timon too). But that's the way it was with a lot of the voice overs. But other than The Lion King, I REALLY loved the Mulan level too. All in all a fantastic game.