Kermit's Weight

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Piggy tends to get the fat jokes, but one thing I've noticed is that Kermit seems to go through noticeable weight fluxuation. Granted, this is likely to whatever puppet builder has made him, but perhaps Kermit deals with his weight like most of us do. Sometimes we're in the "health zone", other times we eat like slobs, and in some cases, maybe we try too hard and starve. I think Kermit has definately exhibited ALL these scenarios; check it out and click the links to see what I mean:

Chubby Kermit
As you can see, the frog's neck seems to be lost and his cheeks are pretty full. Too many flies, maybe?

Lost the weight and has the "turkey neck"
Here we see that Kermit deals with problems of losing the weight after having had it so long. Fortunately we don't see the flab on his arms or legs. I felt this is how he looked in MFS.

Thin and lanky
In GMC, Kermit is as trim as ever! Here he's his skinniest.

Just perfect
Not too thick, not too thin, his ideal weight. This is how he managed to look through most of TMS and most recently in IAVMMC and MWoO, so he's doin' good! That btw is my fav pic of him.

So you're thoughts; am I seein' things or do you feel the same? :smile:

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
I Think that the Chubby and Just Right are the same all but the pointy nose

BEAR

Reaction score
Yeah, I think Ernie went through the same thing.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Acutally, I have never been happy with the stomache sizes of Muppets...seeing as we rarely see below the next/chest it's always a surprise to see them in action-figure form with rather chubbed-up, rounded bellies. Dr Teeth, Rowlf, Kermit, even Sam. They all look like they could do with one heck of a diet and a good exercise program...

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Definately, the Muppets tend to have more portly torsos. Interestingly enough though, (with the exception of :big_grin:) the EM is a pretty trim group.

christyb

Reaction score
Well if you banged your head on drums quite often I believe weight would be hard to keep on. :halo: Seriously though, I agree with you. In other characters too. I think they all maybe have been visiting the catering table a wee bit too often.

PhsychoChimp

Reaction score
Alot of Muppets are chunkie...

Look at the First Kermit. He was so skinny he was convinced he was a girl a few times! :concern:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Thin and lanky
In GMC, Kermit is as trim as ever! Here he's his skinniest.
That one looks perfect to me. That's the Kermit I remember growing up. But your last pick is pretty perfect too!! :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
christyb said:
Well if you banged your head on drums quite often I believe weight would be hard to keep on. :halo: Seriously though, I agree with you. In other characters too. I think they all maybe have been visiting the catering table a wee bit too often.
And, face it, a fat Janice just wouldn't be super-hot...at all...

Ruahnna

Reaction score
It's officially official

Vic Romano said:
Piggy tends to get the fat jokes, but one thing I've noticed is that Kermit seems to go through noticeable weight fluxuation. I think Kermit has definately exhibited ALL these scenarios; check it out and click the links to see what I mean:
So you're thoughts; am I seein' things or do you feel the same? :smile:
It's officially official, Vic. You need to get out more! And since I need to get out more too, I'll post that I've noticed--especially since I've costumed her (in doll form) and costume designed for her--that Piggy's weight goes up and down, but she always has these skinny little arms. I think she looked her best in GMC--her hair, her voluptuous figure, her eyes. The other one that has so recently surprised me was how, um, solid Pepe looked in MWoO--he was much more substantial than I seem to remember him.

Okay--I'm done. I'm going out (to the fabric store)!