June Foray

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS'S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

This week's V/A focus is that most popular of all voice actresses, June Foray. She had been voicing many cartoon characters at a young age. Her most famous characters were Rocky and Natasha from the classic Rocky and Bullwinkle Show. And she's still doing voicework today. Whenever Warner Bros. has Granny or Witch Hazel in a new cartoon, they call in June to voice those classic characters. I can always recognize June's amazing voice whether it's a cute little girl, an old lady, or a scary witch.

ADVENTURES IN ODYSSEY(VIDEO SERIES): Evelynn Harcourt
THE ADVENTURES OF ROCKY & BULLWINKLE THE MOVIE: Rocky, Narrator's Mom
ANDY'S GANG: Midnight the Cat
BABY LOONEY TUNES: Granny
THE BULLWINKLE SHOW: Rocky, Natasha Fatale, Nell, Assorted witches and princesses
CAP'N CRUNCH COMMERCIALS: Brunhilde, Tugboat Granny
CINDERELLA: Lucifer
THE CRICKET IN TIMES SQUARE: Mother
THE CURIOSITY SHOP: various voices
DANGER TEAM: Nit
DENNIS THE MENACE: Martha Wilson(second voice)
DENVER THE LAST DINOSAUR: Bertha
DISNEY'S HALLOWEEN TREAT: Hazel
DUCKTALES: Magica De Spell, Ma Beagle
THE FABULOUS FUNNIES: Broom Hilda, Sluggo, Oola, Hans and Fritz Katzenjammer
FAERIES: Hag
THE FANTASTIC ADVENTURES OF UNICO: Old Lady
FROSTY THE SNOWMAN: Karen, Teacher
GEORGE OF THE JUNGLE: Ursula, Marigold
GUMMI BEARS: Grammi
HEATHCLIFF(1980): Granny
HORTON HEARS A WHO: Jane Kangaroo, Small Kangaroo, Birds
HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS: Cindy Lou Who
LEGO ISLAND(VG): Mama Brickolini, Polly Gone, Parrot
LITTLE DRUMMER BOY: Aaron's Mother
LITTLE NEMO, ADVENTURES IN SLUMBERLAND: Librarian
LOONEY TUNES: Granny, Witch Hazel
MISS SWITCH SPECIALS: Bathsheba, Saturna
MOWGLI'S BROTHERS: Mother Wolf
MULAN(1 and 2): Granny Fa
OFF TO SEE THE WIZARD: Dorothy
PETER PAN: Mermaid, Squaw
THE POGO SPECIAL BIRTHDAY SPECIAL: Pogo Possum, Mam'selle Hepzibah
QUISP COMMERCIALS: Mother Lode
THE PHANTOM TOLLBOOTH: Ralph, Fainty Macabre the Which, Princess of Pure Reason
RAGGEDY ANN & ANDY(TV SPECIALS): Raggedy Ann
RIKKI TIKKI TAVI: Darzee's Wife, Nagaina, Teddy's Mother
SCOOBY DOO MEETS THE BOO BROTHERS: Poor Old Witch
SCRUFFY: Duchess
SMURFS: Jokey, Mother Nature
SPACE JAM: Granny
SPIDER MAN & HIS AMAZING FRIENDS: Aunt May
THE SYLVESTER & TWEETY MYSTERIES: Granny
THUMBELINA: Queen Tabitha
TINY TOON ADVENTURES: Granny
TWEETY'S HIGH FLYING ADVENTURE: Granny
THE WHITE SEAL: Matkah
WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT?: Wheezy, Lena Hyena

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
She is truly one of a few that is one of the best, that have ever voice acted!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ah, the QUEEN of voice-over actresses. It's amazing that to this day, she's still alive and kicking...and still do voice-over work.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good choice... One of the most decorated V/A veterans.
First of all... The Phantom Tollbooth needs to be moved up above The Pogo Special for proper alphabetization.
Secondly, did you do an edit? Don't know what Andy's Gang is, but the first time I read through the list, you had Old Grandy the Witch listed there. Now it only has Midnight the Cat.
DISNEY'S HALLOWEEN TREAT: Hazel.
Yes... Remember that special where she helped Donald's nephews, that trio's commemorated as a Disney Halloween pin.
DUCKTALES: Magica De Spell, Ma Beagle.
Remember this one... Really #2, it was always the one I thought of as #1 when it came to TDA.
THE FABULOUS FUNNIES: Broom Hilda, Sluggo, Oola, Hans and Fritz Katzenjammer.
This, along with other titles from Filmation will be released on DVD next year... Check a thread titled BCI Releases over at the Creatus Maximus forum.
THE FANTASTIC ADVENTURES OF UNICO: Old Lady.
Man... Now that takes me back. Yes, I remember seeing these on Disney when it started out.
Know you posted it in a different thread, but who voiced Katy the Kitten? And Unico?
GEORGE OF THE JUNGLE: Ursula, Marigold.
Remember these too. But there's something I wanna ask...
Shouldn't Marigold be separated into it's own listing under Tom Slick?
Same deal with Nel, being separated under the title of Duddley Do-Right.
HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS: Cindy Lou Who.
A true classic. The thing that bums me out is they always show it in Spanish, and it's been faaaar too long since I've heard it in English with Boris's narration.
MISS SWITCH SPECIALS: Bathsheba, Saturna.
Who were these characters?
Man... Definitely would like to haunt this down on some sort of video release, along with Witch Cat and Monsters in my Pocket.
MULAN(1 and 2): Granny Fa
She kind of sounds a little like Ma Beagle.
Ralph the Watch-Dog? Thought that was a male voice.
Fainty Macabrah... Was she the witch who made letter and number cookies when Milo was in the dungeon?
RAGGEDY ANN & ANDY(TV SPECIALS): Raggedy Ann.
Yep... Another one from my childhood I remember. Especially the full-length movie with King Kookoo.
RIKKI TIKKI TAVI: Darzee's Wife, Nagaina, Teddy's Mother.
Now that's one from Nickelodeon's Special Delivery I remember. Nagaina was especially hisstorically well-done.
SCOOBY DOO MEETS THE BOO BROTHERS: Poor Old Witch.
Don't remember her character in that one. This completes the trifecta along with Reluctant Werewolf and Ghoul School.
SPIDER MAN & HIS AMAZING FRIENDS: Aunt May.
Used to show it on Jettix, it'll probably come back into the rotation when Spidey 3 starts its hype machine.
THE SYLVESTER & TWEETY MYSTERIES, TINY TOON ADVENTURES, TWEETY'S HIGH FLYING ADVENTURE: Granny.
The more modern-sounding version of character.
Don't forget to add Granny's appearance in Looney Tunes: Back In Action.
THE WHITE SEAL: Matkah.
Man, this is another one of those Special Delivery specials I fondly remember.

Like I said, good showing X, and looking forward to the next one.

Xerus

Reaction score
Hi Count.

Yes, I found out I made a mistake in Andy's Gang. A fan of June Foray informed me that she really didn't do the voice of Grandie. And Grandie was a piano, not a witch. I've never seen Andy's Gang so I wouldn't really know.

Cool, I'll be looking foward to seeing those Fabulous Funnies again. :smile:

I don't know who did Katy, but I heard that Karen Prell did the voice of Unico. Bu the way, happy birthday Karen. :smile:

GEORGE OF THE JUNGLE: Ursula, Marigold.
Remember these too. But there's something I wanna ask...
Shouldn't Marigold be separated into it's own listing under Tom Slick?

You're probably right. You're always good at pointing out my tinest of mistakes.

MISS SWITCH SPECIALS: Bathsheba, Saturna.
Who were these characters?

Sorry, I don't really remember.

Ralph the Watch-Dog? Thought that was a male voice.

No, the dog's name was Tock. Ralph was the friend Milo was talking to on the phone.

Fainty Macabrah... Was she the witch who made letter and number cookies when Milo was in the dungeon?

Yes, she was. I recognize June's voice there.

RAGGEDY ANN & ANDY(TV SPECIALS): Raggedy Ann.
Yep... Another one from my childhood I remember. Especially the full-length movie with King Kookoo.

Actually, Didi Conn did the voice of Ann in the movie. June voiced her in the Halloween and Christmas specials.

SCOOBY DOO MEETS THE BOO BROTHERS: Poor Old Witch.
Don't remember her character in that one. This completes the trifecta along with Reluctant Werewolf and Ghoul School.

I don't remember that movie too much either. Except for three ghosts that act like the 3 stooges.

Don't forget to add Granny's appearance in Looney Tunes: Back In Action.

Okay, I will. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Here's a bit of info.
Unico, like I said... Takes me back to my childhood watching the early Disney Channel.
The little unicorn could change into a full-grown version, traveling at the speed of light thanks to the power of its magical horn.
The adventure with Katie... If I remember correctly, she was a primadonna kitten, who was taught humility when Unico's horn accidentally turned her into a human girl and she had to live with the Old Lady by the river.

Sorry bout mixing up the Phantom Tollbooth characters, been so long since I've seen it, and CN whenever it airs it does so in Spanish.
Leads me to believe that channel has an international identity crisis.

Scooby-Doo and the Boo Brothers, how to sum it up...
Shaggy inherits a mansion in the Southern USA from one of his relatives.
There's a creepy butler working there, think of Pops the Doorman but without the mustache.
Shaggy, Scooby and Scrappy find or receive a small diamond with a note attached it.
The note leads them on a clue hunt throughout the mansion's grounds.
There are about 13-15 clues, each leading to the next clue's location in rhyme, tied to an individual diamond leading up to the grand stash.

At one point, a ghost hillbilly girl flips heads over heels for Shaggy, chasing him down...
Her brother, a ghost hillbilly boy, chases Shaggy too but with a rifle trying to protect his sister from yankee influences.
Shaggy shows his true colors, then tries to find and hire ghost exterminators...
Thus leading to the introduction of The Boo Brothers, three ghosts who do act and look a little like the Stooges.
Other perils include a gorilla, not sure if it was a ghost or escaped from the local zoo; a Southernized version of the Headless Horseman; and the Sheriff.
But is the Sheriff an ally or a villain? Not saying, don't want to spoil the ending for those reading here.

Hope this helps.

Xerus

Reaction score
Thank you for your help, Count.

Yes, I've seen both Unico movies on the Disney channel. One where Unico befriends a lonely kid devil and a kitty cat whom he transforms into a girl.

And the second movie where Unico tries to stop an evil magic puppet from trying to turn the world into living puppets.

And I have seen Scooby Doo meets the Boo Brothers a few times. Mostly on TBS and Cartoon Network.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh good. Unfortunately, all I remember of Unico is the first movie by your descript, and only the part with Katie the Kitten.

And you've seen Boo Brothers, good. Then you know why I consider that part of the classic trilogy with Reluctant Werewolf and Ghoul School.
Though I've been wantin' to know... Just who or what are the creatures lined up at the end of Ghoul School as the incoming class for the next year.
Oh well, looking forward to your next focus.

Tim

Reaction score
Let's not forget her infamous "Talking Tina" doll of Twilight Zone fame, or her turn in "Get Smart" voicing 99's imposter with a near Natasha sound!

(O.K., not animation, but neither was "The Curiosity Shop"!)