Gregg Berger

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS'S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

This week's V/A focus is Gregg Berger. A talented man who has done voices for many cartoons and lots and lots of video games. My favorite characters of his are Odie and Orson Pig from Garfield and Friends and Cornfed from Duckman.

AAAAH! REAL MONSTERS: The Gromble, Viewfinder
AGES OF EMPIRES 3: Frederick the Great
AL ROACH, PRIVATE INSECTIGATOR: Professor Bugdonovich
ARC THE LAD: Samson
BAULDER'S GATE: Daveron, Entar, Rieltar, Sonner
CALL OF DUTY(VIDEO GAME SERIES): Sgt. Moody
CATHY(TV SPECIALS): Mr. Pinkley
CHANNEL UMPTEE 3: Agent Bud
THE CURSE OF MONKEY ISLAND: Cutthroat Bill
DARK CHRONICLE: Borneo, Jurak
DINOTOPIA, CURSE OF THE RUBY SUNSTONE: SkyBax Patrolman
DUCKMAN: Cornfed
EVERQUEST 2: Barbarians, Iksar, Troll, lots of additional voices
FANTASTIC MAX: A.B. Sitter
FINAL FANTASY SERIES: Jecht
GARFIELD AND FRIENDS: Odie, Orson Pig, Gort, additional voices
G.I. JOE: Cutter, Firefly, Ripcord, Sparks
ICEWIND DALE: Everard
KINGDOM HEARTS 2: Eeyore
LEGACY OF KAIN, DEFIANCE: Turel
LITTLE NEMO, ADVENTURES IN SLUMBERLAND: Equestrian Master
THE LITTLES: William Little
(ANIMATED)MEN IN BLACK: Agent K(second season)
METAL GEAR SOLID 3: The Pain
PINK PANTHER AND SONS: Bowlhead
RECESS, SCHOOL'S OUT: Tech 1
ROVER DANGERFIELD: Cal
SARU! GET YOU! 3: Red Monkey
SHADOW OF ROME: Barca, additonal voices
SPIDER MAN(1994): Kraven, Mysterio
SPYRO(VIDEO GAME SERIES): Hunter the Cheetah, additional voices
STAR WARS 1(VIDEO GAME): Battle Droid, Coruscant Guard, Darth Maul, Mat Rags, Race Fan
TRANSFORMERS: Grimlock, Long Haul, Outback, Skyfire
TY THE TASMANIAN TIGER 2: Bunyip Elder, Patch, Foreman Norman
VIEWTIFUL JOE(VIDEO GAME SERIES): Captain Blue, King Blue, Narrator
X-MEN, THE OFFICAL GAME: Beast, additional voices

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ah yes the Gromble, I thought the name Gregg Berger rang a bell with me, lol!

Xerus

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Ah yes the Gromble, I thought the name Gregg Berger rang a bell with me, lol!
Oh yes, The Gromble. I remember reading in a magazine where Gregg said, "The Gromble is a real terror!"

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And yet... He was one of the likeable characters from that series.
The ones I know and love from this round...

Garfield & Friends: Odie, Orson Pig, Gort one of Orson's brothers.
On that note, did he also do the voice of Orson's grandfather, from the episode where the chocolate mountain mines were discovered?
And did he do the pioneer ghost ancestor of Orson also?

Spider-Man: Kraven the Hunter, Mysterio (Quenton Beck).
That's the series I grew up with when my sight was last able to actually see what I watched on TV, from back when Fox TV started up here in PR.

Always look forward to these. And would you believe I have a few questions pertaining to other V/A threads? LMK if you'd be the one to ask.
Good job, hope next week's a good one too.

Xerus

Reaction score
Hi Count. :smile:

I'm glad you liked my tribute to Gregg Berger. Gregg did like a hundred extra voices on Garfield that it's hard to name them all.

Sure, I can answer any questions you have on voice artists. Just give me an e-mail. Or better yet, you can check here. http://www.voicechasers.com/ You can find info on all kinds of voice artists and the shows, movies, and games they've done on this site. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks... Will check it out then.
BTW: Something of interest regarding one of the episodes that featured Kraven the Hunter.
There's the three-part episode where Spidey turns into Man-Spider, and the Punisher, Kraven and Mariah Crawford team up to capture and cure him.
In the original airing of this episode, Kraven tells Punisher about how he knew where to find Man-Spider... The gravel he smelt in the webbing reminded him of the news story concerning the explosion in 1993 in the basement of the WTC. However, that comment was removed from subsequent airings of the finale to this multi-part episode on Toon Disney/Jettix airings.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Xerus... Went to Voice Chasers, looked up Lorenzo Music to go to the Garfield & Friends voice cast to confirm Victoria Jackson as the voice of Penelope.

While there, I found a few things you might want to change/add to the Greg Berger V/A focus entry for Garfield & Friends.
You list Gort, one of Orson's brothers as voiced by Greg Berger... But they have Tom Huge listed as the voice of this pig.
Additionally, they have Greg Berger as the voice of Floyd the Mouse, Mad Man Murray, The Mailman, and The Newscaster from "Rip Van Kitty".
Thought I'd mention it.
BTW: You mind if I try my hand at one of these?

P

Princeton

Are you sure that The Gromble isn't voiced by Charlie Adler?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Princeton said:
Are you sure that The Gromble isn't voiced by Charlie Adler?
That's what I used to think as well, but if you listen carefully, he doesn't sound THAT Much like Charlie Adler's characters like Ed Bighead or Red Guy.

Xerus

Reaction score
The Count said:
Hey Xerus... Went to Voice Chasers, looked up Lorenzo Music to go to the Garfield & Friends voice cast to confirm Victoria Jackson as the voice of Penelope.

While there, I found a few things you might want to change/add to the Greg Berger V/A focus entry for Garfield & Friends.
You list Gort, one of Orson's brothers as voiced by Greg Berger... But they have Tom Huge listed as the voice of this pig.
Additionally, they have Greg Berger as the voice of Floyd the Mouse, Mad Man Murray, The Mailman, and The Newscaster from "Rip Van Kitty".
Thought I'd mention it.
BTW: You mind if I try my hand at one of these?
Oh really? I thought Gregg did Gort. I guess I was wrong. I'll go change it on my site. Thank you. :smile:

Sure, go ahead and do your own focus of a favorite voice artist. I'll be looking for it. :smile: