Janet Waldo

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS'S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

This week's V/A focus is Janet Waldo. A talented woman who has voiced many classic Hanna-Barbera female characters for many years. Her most famous characters were Judy Jetson, Penelope Pitstop, and Josie.

ADDAMS FAMILY(1973): Morticia, Granny
ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS: Alice, The Red Queen
AROUND THE WORLD IN 79 DAYS: Jenny Trent
BATTLE OF THE PLANETS: Princess, Susan
THE FLINTSTONES: Wilma's mother(second voice)
HEIDI'S SONG: Tinette
THE JETSONS: Judy Jetson
JOSIE & THE PUSSYCATS: Josie
MISS. SWITCH TV SPECIALS: Miss. Switch
ONCE UPON A FORREST: Edgar's Mom
THE PERILS OF PENELOPE PITSTOP: Penelope Pitstop
PRECIOUS PUP: Granny Sweet
ROMAN HOLIDAYS: Henrietta
SHAZZAN: Nancy
SMURFS: Hogatha
SPACE KIDETTES: Jenny
WACKY RACES: Penelope Pitstop
YOGI'S FIRST CHRISTMAS: Cindy Bear, Sophie Throckmorton

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So... You're debuting these on Sundays now? Heh...
Only two there I know and remember or at least keep in my faves category.
Josie, of course. Though it ended a bit cliche, I rully liked the movie version.
The Miss Switch specials, now there's a flashback to my well-sighted childhood. Would wait for it to be repeated on the ABC Weekend Special after all the other shows, only thing I remember is a two-parter with this two kids seeing a ghostly floating 13 coming out of the window.
Never heard her Penelope Pittstop voice, as that was from the early days of CN here in PR, back from 92-95 and they showed those cartoons and Wacky Races in Spanish instead of English.
As for Alice... That's the animated movie version from the same company that did The Hunchback of Notre Dame and The Prisoner of Zenda that aired on Nick's Special Delivery?
And Around the World in 79 Days... Was that the animal version with Phineas Fogg the fox that aired on PBS?

Xerus

Reaction score
The Count said:
So... You're debuting these on Sundays now? Heh...
Only two there I know and remember or at least keep in my faves category.
Josie, of course. Though it ended a bit cliche, I rully liked the movie version.
The Miss Switch specials, now there's a flashback to my well-sighted childhood. Would wait for it to be repeated on the ABC Weekend Special after all the other shows, only thing I remember is a two-parter with this two kids seeing a ghostly floating 13 coming out of the window.
Never heard her Penelope Pittstop voice, as that was from the early days of CN here in PR, back from 92-95 and they showed those cartoons and Wacky Races in Spanish instead of English.
As for Alice... That's the animated movie version from the same company that did The Hunchback of Notre Dame and The Prisoner of Zenda that aired on Nick's Special Delivery?
And Around the World in 79 Days... Was that the animal version with Phineas Fogg the fox that aired on PBS?
Hi there, Count. :smile:

Yes, I had some spare time today, so I decided to go ahead and do a V/A foucs today.

In the Miss. Switch story, she was busy casting a spell on football player number 15, making him disappear and reappear at the goal so he'd win every time. She was at a magic cauldron and a number 15 was floating over it.

Around the World in 79 Days was a cartoon that was part of the Cattanooga Cats show. 79 Days was about a group of teens traveling around the world in a balloon. One of the teens was a descendant of Mr. Fogg and he was challenged to beat Mr. Fogg's record and travel around the world in 79 days without using modern day transportation. And two villains were after them trying to foil their plans.

And that Alice Through the Looking Glass movie was made by Ruby Spears. I remember seeing it on Showtime a few times. Janet voiced Alice and the Red Queen and it featured celebrity voices such as Mr. T as the Jabberwock, Phyllis Diller as the White Queen, Jonathan Winters and Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, Alan Young as the White Knight, Hal Smith as the Bandersnatch, Clive Revill as Mr. Goat and the Snark, and George Gobel as Humpty Dumpty. It's a very rarely seen animated feature.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Always thought it was a floating 13.
Hmmm, very rare indeed that Alice Through The Looking Glass movie, as I don't remember it. The version I'm thinking of had an Alice who in mind is similar to a good friend of mine, a fellow blind classmate.
Around the World in 79 Days, don't rully remember it. All I remember is an animated version in Spanish where animals were the characters: Phineas Fogg Fox, Paas-Batoo the Monkey, the beautiful Indian princess as a white cat with these big beautifully clear eyes. It aired on PBS I think cause that's back when I was watching SS and Square 1 devotedly.

And it's interesting that Jonathan Winters was in that animated version of Alice... Since he then portrayed Humpty Dumpty in a live-action version from the 1980's that in my opinion is the most complete version on film of both stories.
Thanks for these V/A threads pal.