Sababa Mokey Plush cancelled!

Mystic Master

Reaction score
I'm sorry to inform all the Fraggle Rock fans out there (myself including), that I just received a message from Sababa Toys, stating their intentions for a Mokey plush. In light of this news, after being assured we would receive Mokey this summer, I urge all Fraggle Rock fans to stop buying Sababa Toys products until they promise to release a Mokey plush. Likewise, I urge you to contact Sababa Toys to vocalize you opinion about this issue. Below is a copy of the email:

Thank you for your interest in Mokey. Unfortunately we will not be
producing her.
All the best,
Lucille

Lucille Lee
National Sales Manager
Specialty Sales
Sababa Toys
119 W. 23 St. Ste. 508
New York, NY 10011
646-638-1240 ext. 224
lucille@sababatoys.com

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Read the 'NEW Different Fraggle Plushies' thread. Sababa are producing larger Fraggle plushes of Red, Gobo and Wembley... Then Mokey, Boober and Matt later on.

Mystic Master

Reaction score
Warrick said:
Read the 'NEW Different Fraggle Plushies' thread. Sababa are producing larger Fraggle plushes of Red, Gobo and Wembley... Then Mokey, Boober and Matt later on.
Thats not the point, Sababa Toys told fans they'd release Mokey in scale with the other four plushes they already created - so they lied. As for the second wave of larger Fraggles: "Mokey, Boober and Matt", that is only a possibility - nothing set in stone.

Foodie

Reaction score
Mystic Master said:
Thats not the point, Sababa Toys told fans they'd release Mokey in scale with the other four plushes they already created - so they lied. As for the second wave of larger Fraggles: "Mokey, Boober and Matt", that is only a possibility - nothing set in stone.

They did not lie. You're just being a baby.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
They said that they were planning a Mokey for Spring/Summer 2006. Planning is tentative, it always changes.

Lets just hope for a whole set of larger Fraggles, and be glad that we are getting ANY Fraggles!

LadyVader

Reaction score
no baby here!!!!

Foodie said:
They did not lie. You're just being a baby.
thats not true i called them and they told me she was comeing this summer and hes not being a baby he has the right to get mad and say what he feels
Foodie i don't know how you feel about the fraggles but alot of us really feel for these kind of things I was heart broken when the Sesame Street frigures were not coming we all feel things our own ways but no body need to be mean and call others names.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Ya'll don't start flaming in here!

GEEZ! I can't believe Sababa cancelled Mokey from that line-up! What the heck am I gonna do with 4 Fraggles that size without their Mokey?

NOW I'm not even sure I want to buy the next set because I don't feel I can trust them to make the whole set.

I'll show you the e-mail I just sent them because I truly am angry over this. They said they'd make her and now I have a set that I can't even display--regardless how beautiful they are--because they didn't make Mokey. What's the Fraggles if one of them is missing??

Hi, Lucille,

It's come to my attention that Sababa has now decided NOT to make the Mokey plush in scale with the original 4 Fraggle plush created a few YEARS ago.

Why not?

Now, I hear there's a possibility that you all might be making the Fraggles again, but in a larger size.

I ask you: What good are my other 4 Fraggle plush if I don't have a full set?? I don't want just the four of them without Mokey!

Your company made a BAD marketing decision wherein they created 3 Doozer plush instead of making Mokey, Uncle Matt, and Sprocket plush--you already had Doozer PVCs. Now, you're definitely not making the Matt and Sprocket and promises that Mokey was coming are now dust in the wind.

I don't want the original 4 Fraggle plush without Mokey. They're still in great shape--NEW shape--and I want Sababa to buy those back from me at the price I paid for them since they're not giving me a complete set.

And as far as the new plush I don't even know if I'll be considering buying those since I now see that Sababa can't make a full set. We'll see about that.

Or, would Sababa make the Mokey if they knew the interest in her was still there?? If proof needs to be given that she'll sell I can help supply that information.

What gives?

Why can't Sababa give the collecting public what we want??

Thanks,
Kev
If you were ever interested in Fraggle plush, gang, I suggest you write them an e-mail right now and show your interest.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
RIGHT ON Kev!! I'm proud to see that e-mail! :big_grin:

Just remember folks, be firm and assertive, but polite and respectful---if you flame them or insult them or go on a tirade, it won't be effective. Kev's is a good job!

Foodie

Reaction score
" QUOTE=LadyVader]thats not true i called them and they told me she was comeing this summer and hes not being a baby he has the right to get mad and say what he feels "

And yet I'm apparently not allowed this " right ".

"Foodie i don't know how you feel about the fraggles but alot of us really feel for these kind of things I was heart broken when the Sesame Street frigures were not coming we all feel things our own ways but no body need to be mean and call others names. "

Why would a toy company go out of their way and LIE about making something? You people act as if we're dealing with Cobra or Dr. Evil.

Nick

Convincing John

Reaction score
Deja vu?

You know, this instance of Mokey's absence from the line (thus far) remainds me of what Sideshow Toys did with the Muppet busts. They released Crazy Harry, Lew Zealand and even Link Hogthrob...

But where was the one bust we wanted to see more than these characters? Yeah. :sing:.

I was just reading the Review for Series 3 of these, and here's a snippet:

I alluded to this in the series 1 review, but it is impossible to imagine Janice without her long-term partner in the band, Floyd Pepper. As of this writing, Floyd has not been officially announced in bust form. Floyd is the most glaring omission from this line. All of the other Electric Mayhem members are present. Hopefully, Sideshow will do the right thing and either add a sixth series (with possibly Floyd, Rizzo, Sweetums holding Robin, and Pepe) or at the very least produce a Floyd bust to conclude this wonderful line.

And what happened with Sal Manilla? A figure came close to being made, but other variations of characters pushed him back, and eventually out of the line completely. Okay, there's no Sal...but Johnny is really incomplete without him.

When characters are made in a line, and fans are used to seeing a core group of characters, the main ones should be made, released, and sold together.

Now the following is just a hypothesized situation. The following scenario did not happen. I'm just using this example to make a point.

What if (and this is just an example), they made some limited edition Simpsons figures that were 24 inches tall. And let's say they had a few "waves" to play with. They make Homer, Marge, Bart, Maggie and then say "Well...Lisa will be released later. There's not much demand for her." Then after three or four variants of Disco Stu, Comic Book Guy and Surly Duff, the company goes "Well, we're stopping the line. What? We forgot to make a Lisa? (Joe Quimby voice) Er, uh, er, uhhh...so long!" (Runs out of the Town Hall with a briefcase of all the customer's cash).

Then what? We have a lot of fans who are looking at empty wallets and sets of incomplete Simpson families with frustration. Then it's off to unload the figures they really didn't want, but bought when they they thought Lisa would complete their collection. Next up on Ebay: "DISCO STU VARIANT W/ GREEN JACKET--RARE L@@K!!!!!"

There have been fans on this board who are upset with incomplete sets of the Henson family of creatures, regardless of the company that makes them. If they were still possible to be made somehow, how many of you would still be willing to buy a Floyd bust or a Sal Manilla figure? Me too.

I am very, very tired of incomplete groups from series. Core characters should be included for fans to enjoy. Mokey should not be tossed aside to make room for "Worker Doozer #3". Doozers are fine, but...man, do we need so many that it takes away from the production of Mokey?

march...march...march...march...

Sababa Toys Headquarters:"Magnificent, aren't they?"

Convincing John