Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

What would you rather see on the Nostalgia Sesame Street box set?

• Complete, uncut episodes

Votes: 59 46.1%
  • Compilations of the best skits

Votes: 28 21.9%
  • A combination of a few complete episodes and bonus skits

Votes: 41 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FuzzyBlue71

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I rarely get on these days, but I thought I would share some info I got from a representative over at Sesame Workshop....

I emailed them quite a while ago about purchasing old episodes (somewhere I read someone was able to order them per episode, so I wrote to them), and someone actually wrote back today! Here is what they said:

I'm sorry, but, no, we are unable to release any episode in whole or part at
this time. Did you want a Sesame Street episode or a Muppet Show episode?
Even though you found this on Muppet Forum, please keep in mind that Sesame
Street and The Muppets are completely different properties. Perhaps The Jim
Henson Company will sell segments, but we do not.

However, we will be releasing a "Nostalgia Box Set" in October '06, so
perhaps the desired segment will be included on that set (a question I
cannot answer at this time).

Also, Sony Wonder is our domestic licensee for audio and home video
products. I would encourage you to visit their website where you can peruse titles and purchase
products. There are various (25th, 30th, and 35th) anniversary editions
available, which feature classic clips, as well as some "best of" titles,
which feature specific characters.

I hope this info gets other Sesame fans excited as well. Whatever it contains, I am just glad it's coming out and that it leaves doors open for more classic Sesame to come!!!

Would love to hear everyone's reactions.....

FuzzyBlue71

Reaction score
I would NEVER make this dreamy stuff up!!! I'm a huge Muppet fan, and was so excited when I got this email today - they only other people I knew to share with was with all of you. I wish I knew more details, but this woman didn't seem to have any (or maybe couldn't dish out) more. Just the fact it's coming out is just sooooo exciting, right!!!

ISNorden

Reaction score
*drools longingly* It's times like this that I wish I had ordered a DVD drive for this computer, although watching old Sesame Street for hours on end could kill my monitor.

FuzzyBlue71

Reaction score
The old skits I have... gee, I'm glad I have them, but boy is the quality horrible! To get anything on DVD is a start. I showed my 3 year old daughter my old stuff, but the picture and sound were lousy, she was wondering what was wrong with the TV.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I sould love to see a video containing things like Casey McPhee and the time he drove the train into Guy Smiley's studio!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Well actually CM just played himself on Beat The Time and he needed something quick to rhyme with rain. Last Minute he finds a train and then that's when it happened.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I sould love to see a video containing things like Casey McPhee and the time he drove the train into Guy Smiley's studio!

You can already get the sketch where Cookie drives the train into Guy Smiley's studio on PLAY ALONG GAMES AND SONGS on DVD.

zns

Reaction score
This is all so exciting. :excited: If the sales on this DVD set work, maybe SW will consider releasing full episodes. One can only dream.:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.