Sesame Street's 37th season begins August 14

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Phillip. At least it's not too late that it'll fall into what should be TV Season 38...
Would like to know more on what the "in-house" matters that've delayed the season production are.
And maybe this new focus might allow SS to take one of those steps to getting back to the SS of old.

But why did they have to include that blurb about CM from last season... Man, that was nothing but stupid media hype... One of the problems with Season 36.
And you might want to amend the article with the name of that new girl Muppet, Abby Cadaby, there's a thread about her being added to the cast somewhere in here.

Thanks again.

BEAR

Reaction score
The bit about Gina adopting a baby sounds pretty interesting and exciting!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I would still like to know what the name of that maroon character from season 36 is.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Seeing as how a name was never given, and he was voiced by Joey Mazzarino... He's been added to the Muppet Listings as Joey Monster.
Still working on V16... Taking a break until my sources come back from their Spring vacations.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I find everything I just read rather interesting...Cookie Monster continuing to eat healthier, Gina adopting a child, the debut of Abby...what's her last name again?

It's funny, but when I told mymom about Gina going to be adopting, she starting applauding. And some of the guys at the PBS station I intern for are upset about Cookie Monster becoming "Healthy Food Monster".

I'm glad there's finally a logical reason as to why the season is beginning late this year, but at least this will be the first time in 12 years I've actually looked forward to August, lol!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Snowthmeiser... You told those guys that the whole Cookie Monster eating healthier is nothing more than empty hyped stupidity?
Heck, even in the big song that was to promote him eating healthier... "A Cookie Is A Sometime Food"...
He ended the song using some of that good ol' CM mentality.
Cookie: "You right, but you know what time it now? It some time!"
And then he devoured the cookie and the healthy foods.

Besides, Cookie Monster ate healthy enough in past seasons and still balanced it with being the Cookie Monster. Just empty hyped stupidity.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, this isn't really anything new. Actually, Cookie Monster's "Healthy Food" rap came out sometime in the 80s. So for the most part, he's still himself. He just sets some boundaries.

Cherrymoon

Reaction score
I dislike the idea of moving away from letters and numbers.
That is what Sesame Street is for.
Sesamstrasse is so far away from numbers and letters, I don't make a point to watch.