Mokey's eyelid mechanism

superboober

Reaction score
As she seems to be the only one with consistantly moveable eyes, it's natural to ask, how did they make her eyelids go up whenever she was shocked or appalled, and was it controlled by Kathy Mullen or another crew member.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
well Wemblys eyes moved left n right...

zns

Reaction score
I like to think that Kathy worked Mokey's eyelids from inside the puppet. But who knows? Maybe we should ask the people in the forum such as Terry Angus or Karen Prell. They might have the answer.:smirk:

ButchCat

Reaction score
Hi Gang,

Mokey's eyes where controlled by Kathy. She had a battery pack on her belt and because Mokey had live hands the lids where controlled by a wafer thumb button that Kathy had pressed against the side of her finger. A press would open them wide and then as she let go the eye lids would automatically go back to their neutral resting position.

Take care all,

Terry Angus

zns

Reaction score
Thanks a lot Terry, that's very informative. This is a little off topic here, but I want to ask you something. After I graduate from high school this year, I hope to go into college and have a carreer in puppetry, hopefully with the Muppets. Can you give me some advice that I need to know? Thanks alot.:wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I suppose the later version of Gonzo must have worked on a similar operation for his eye mechanism

Bill "Marty" Bubble Guy