Challenge and Contribution - New Book by Me

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Okay people, wasn't sure what to call this exactly, but my four stories that I've written over the past month, I will be personally publishing these for my friends: You!

"Remebering the Good Times We Had"
"The Search For Sadie"
"Demon's Delight"
"Is That A Song There?"

They will be under the encompassing title:

"Intertwined and Together Again:

Four Muppets Journey through Love, Life and Zanyness"

PM me your home/business address, our your PO Box, and within the next two months I will be shipping these out to your mailboxes! I intend to make NO MONEY off of these stories, they are merely for my best friends here at MC. And I will also be shipping off two copies to the Jim Henson Company, with a dutifully written fan-letter. I am no "real author" of course, but each copy will be hand-signed by myself, and I will include a letter to each and everyone of you.

Due to pricing and everything, (That and I have NO CLUE where to get this personally published where it wouldn't kill my bank account. >_O) These will be tastefully prepared in spiral-bound books, about the size of the average paperback. Perhaps the size of an A5 Comicbook, I'm still not sure about sizing just yet.

If anyone would like to recieve a copy, please PM me your address, and I will add you to my list, I already have one person in hold for a copy. Unless I get more then 10 responses, at first run I will only be printing 10 books, for pricing/effiecency.

Again, I must stress: I plan to make NO MONEY off of these books.

Lest I envoke the wrath of the mouse and the frog. :eek:

Also! My drawing skills are....basically crapola. So, if anyone could perhaps squeeze out some kind of a drawing or something that would really help me. Unfortunately, I am broke, so I cannot actually commission anyone. I'll be somewhat lucky if I can get these things done at the copy shop properly. (My mother is helping me with this, she believes I should send these ahead to the Muppeters/Jim Henson Company)

Meaning: I can't pay for the drawing.

Whoever would be so kind as to contribute some kind of drawing, you will get a signed copy of the book, and your name (Real and MC handle) will be featured prominately on the inside cover of it, above the dedication page.

Thank you so very much for taking the time to read this post, and again, if you want a copy, please PM me your address. They should be done and ready to ship before May 2006.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey! Congrats on getting the collection a title... But who are the "Four" muppets who've gotten the prominent billing?
And thanks for the offer to print and publish these... However, due to my blind batty eyes, I'll actually stick to reading them here online.
Hope you get some more takers though, and I wish you all the success in the world.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Make that two people in hold for copy:

Bill Bubble Guy
redBoobergurl

Anybody else who would like a copy, PM me your address, with Full First and Last Name, please.

I normally would not ask for that sort of information, but as I am mailing these books priority mail, I cannot send it w/o First and Last Names. These will not be used for snail-mail spam, lists or anything of that nature, they will be used once and only once for the mailing of these books.

PS: Why I'm repeating stuff so much is to cover my butt legally over the whole thing. I do NOT want Disney or Jim Henson Company to be breathing down my neck, claiming I'm trying to make money off of these things.

PSS: Ed, can you read LargePrint? I'm willing to make a largeprint edition/braille for special "customers" if you'd like! The printing company thing I'm going to does braille printings as well!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... Prefer audio form to Braille. Takes a bit long for me to read Braille.
Thanks for the gesture though.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Alrighty, Ed. I responded and stuff back to you. Alright, as it stands:

[Print]
Bill Bubble Guy
redBoobergurl

[Audio]
The Count

Print will be clocking in at roughly 179+ pages. Not counting increase in font size, Chapter headings, Title page, or dedication or "Gold Friends".

This book will be in a normal 11' x 8' size, so far, it might be smaller, not sure just yet, will know for sure when I get to the printers shop later this week or next week.

I am currently getting it ready for it's maiden printing right now. XD

God save my ink cartridges.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
[Print]
Bill Bubble Guy
redBoobergurl
G-MAN

[Audio]
The Count

Well, I will wait to do maiden printing tommorrow. I have settled on how the story will lay out on the pages, and everything. It looks very nice right now.

F

furryredmonster

This will be really cool! I hope you get some people to get it, it sounds really neat :big_grin:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I've already got 4 people on count, and if I can get addresses from two others, who I believe are wembling on the subject.

If you'd like a copy as well, just PM me your address, with full first and last names, and by May it'll be shipped out to you priority mail; hand-signed, with a personal written letter included.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I will be printing out my stories tommorrow, people. And we will be going to Wal-Mart where they have something called Le Print Services. Although they are in Wallyworld, they are a force to be reckoned with! They are WONDERFUL when it comes to printing up professional stuff. And I believe they will do book binding and collabrating as well.

I will taking my maiden printings and my sketch art for the cover to them. I have figured out a way (I hope!) to get it scaled down to a smaller size, then traditional 11" x 8" like normal notebook paper, down to a size roughly about Amercian Comic Book size. I really don't want to get this thing done...ECCH...binded like a magazine.

It may end up being bound like a spiral notebook. >> But I'm hoping the professional book binding will not be that expensive and that they can do it anyways. It will look SO much nicer that way, I mean, I'm sending 3 copies off to Jim Henson Company!

It better look good, right?

So, that brings me up to a grand total of 6 printed copies.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
This is getting so very exciting Renee:excited:
I'm so very thrilled for you. I hope you do well:excited:
Please let me, for that matter of course let all of us know what the people at Jim Henson Company say about it.:big_grin: