Muppet Movie screening in Austin, Texas

Frogster

Reaction score
Man, I wanna go so bad! We got a show to do though, so I should prolly stick around here.

rtgentry

Reaction score
I am going to be there. I am 90% sure that I am going.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Heather in Houston too

Just got word that Heather Henson will be in Houston on Saturday, Februrary 25 as well. She will be presenting a series independent puppet short films at the Aurora Picture Show in Houston. This appearance should be similar to the one in Austin however without the screening of The Muppet Movie. Unfortunately, I don't have any other details at the moment but I am working on that. As soon as I do, I'll post here. Thanks!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Oh! I would make a trip down to Texas if I didn't have to interview at a college this weekend! Darn!

Oh well...I'm sure it will be wonderful for those who attend.

heathbar

Reaction score
Heather in Texas

Hello MC peeps!

This is Heather here. As you have heard, I am going to be in Houston and Austin this weekend presenting a series of independent puppet short films that are showcased in a program called Handmade Puppet Dreams. It will be presented in Houston at The Aurora Picture Show on the Feb 25 at 8:00 and in Austin at the Alamo Draft-house on Feb 26. The Austin date is extra special as you have heard, they are also screening a new print of The Muppet Movie. The last late night screening I saw of this film in New York City turned into a spontanious sing along. It was a loads of fun. But honestly I wasn't planning to talk that much about my Dad's collaborative process- as there are many people around that can do this better then I. We are showing a nice tribute reel to Jerry Juhl and I am presenting and talking about these indi puppet films in combination with some of my father's early Muppet works.
I hope to see some of you all there!
Heather

----------------------------------------------
Sat Feb 25th
The Aurora Picture Show, Houston

Sun Feb. 26th
Austin Alamo Drafthouse Cinema

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Welcom

Well Miss Henson, i want to be the frist person from MC to personaly wellcom you to the site we are very pleased to have you here. Please come back as offetn as you can. If you stick around long eough you will realize we are just a big family. I hope the shows in TX go well. i live in Tennesse and sadly wont be able to attend but good luck and Break a leg or in your all's case a arm lol i gusess.

rowlf84

Reaction score
Hee, I was at the NY late night screening. It was a ton of fun. Everybody applauded each time a new muppet was introduced onscreen. Texas should be a wonderful time!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I so wish that I could go to this. What with the whole "being in Iowa" thing, I don't think I can make it. But thanks, Ms. Henson, for posting here, and I hope that you have a good time at the event.

:smile: