Christmas special and Kermit's World Tour canceled

Gonzo14

Reaction score
does anyone know an air date, or is this not going to happen?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Gonzo14 said:
does anyone know an air date, or is this not going to happen?
It does not look like it is happening - mainly due to the sudden turn over in Muppet/Disney management early this fall. Maybe we'll see it resurface later on, or maybe not. But it does not appear to be happening for Christmas 2005 (as originally planned).

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
I wonder is this another myth from disney to kill our beloved frog like what it did to Gumby when he turned 50?? Or would we have to wait until next year?

Telly

Reaction score
Disney killed Gumby? Wow! Not that I care cuz I never did like Gumby.
Anyone have any idea what Kermit's Christmas Capers was supposed to be about anyway?

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
Telly said:
Disney killed Gumby? Wow! Not that I care cuz I never did like Gumby.
Anyone have any idea what Kermit's Christmas Capers was supposed to be about anyway?
no what happened was Warner Bros. bought Gumby and well they tried to bring him back. But what they did was used new voice overs for the old clips.
That is when gumby died.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Kind of like what they did with Telly's voice in the "Big Bird in China" video.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Stop the war-games over Disney killing the Muppets. They're doing a great job, just that the management changed hands and when that happens things which were on the backburners get cancelled or lost til later, but they never did really have enough time to get that started with everything going on--who knows? Maybe we'll see it next year.

I think Disney's MHC is doing great things with the Muppets, and it's great to see so much of them anymore!