Abelardo vs Big Bird

altiman

Reaction score
Hello,
I grew up watching Sesame Street in Spanish on a B&W TV.
Imagine my surprise when last year I watched current version of Sesame Street and I saw a rather small Big Bird and YELLOW.

Does anyone remember Abelardo (Spanish version of Big Bird)?
Was he taller than current Big Bird?
What was his real color?

Thanks!:frown: :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Big Bird's always been yellow, lol, being small, that's a different story. Big Bird has been 8 1/2 ft. tall for the longest time, but I don't know how tall Abelardo is. Abelardo himself, however, is green with a red face and a pink neck.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, I think BB and Alberdo would be about the same size.

altiman

Reaction score
More confused

Thanks for your fast answer.

Sadly I have got more confused because I thought Abelardo was Spanish version of Big Bird, but in current Plaza Sesamo (Discovery Channel) appear both of them. Anyone can explain that?

Bye:smile:

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Big Bird is one of the stars of the US version of Sesame Street. Abelardo is the star of Plaza Sesamo. Many of the other countries that have their own version of SS also have a giant puppet like them, and some of them are birds. I love Plaza Sesamo and I know what you mean. Big Bird is Abelardo's cousin (primo). Beginning in 2000, Sesamo began to use segments with Big Bird in them (dubbed in Spanish), but he has kept his real name (instead of being called "Pajaro Grande").

I hope this has cleared some things up.