Your Thoughts: MC's 8th Birthday

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Muppet Central is now eight years old. Congratulations everyone! We are excited about what 2006 has in store.

(1) As you think back what are some of your favorite Muppet Central memories?

(2) If you could see us do one thing in 2006 what would it be?

(3) How could you help make this a better site in 2006?

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Muppet Central!

Happy Birthday Muppet Central.Many kudos to Phillip Chapman,for MC itself,for giving myself and the rest of us a place: to talk about our muppet memories,to muffin in and throw penguins,a place that we have met people,made lots of friends & shared our good and bad times with.To everyone at MC,for your:fan-fics,muffins,penguins,postings,laughs,tears & sharing your thoughts and memories not only of the muppets,but of yourselves too.Many more MC memories yet to be made in the future.Glad to call MC my second home.:smile:

*throws a penguin,boomerang fish and confetti*

To answer PC questions:

1)Favorite MC memories: college dorms,games,Beau's fan-fics,MoppetFam,posting song lyrics
2)What should MC do is 2006? more muffining,just kidding
3)How could I make MC better? more fan-fics,would love to be a moderator too

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Happy Boithday MC!!

1. Well, my memories are of when I first came here. I remember lookin at all the posts and all of the cool people who post here. I knew that this forum was a great place to be at.

2. What should MC do this year? Whatever it wants!, Gosh! J/K ( Napoleon Dynamite quote there) :smile:

3. What can I do to make MC better? Uh..I'll come back to this one later...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Muppet Central!

I remember finding this site in 1998, and I was instantly hooked. I liked stuff like the listing of the top muppet songs that people wanted to see on a special CD release, various Muppetzine artices (by the way, why were those taken down?), the Rarely Seen Muppets articles, and news involving Muppets from Space and Elmo In Grouchland. It was also here where I learned about the contents of The Best of Kermit on Sesame Street.

I didn't start reading the message board untill May 1999, and I didn't register to post untill last summer.

if I could see Muppet Central do one thing, I would say update or add some new pages. Get the season three guide for The Muppet Show finished. Start an episode guide for another henson series. Update the collectables guide (it's hardly been updated since it started in 2002). Or just make a special birthday page for Muppet Central.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Happy Birthday MC!!! :excited:

And to answer your questions Phillip...

1) My fondest memory of MC would be MopFam, TogetherAgain fan-fics, writing my own fan-fics, Beauregard fan-fics, T*K*O, muffining, penguining, ziffeling, and so much more stuff!!

2) Hmm, one thing for MC to do this year...Personally, I'd say whatever they've been doing over the past 8 years that's made this place so awesome!!

3) What can I do? I can write more fan-fics, and help new members and old alike to make this place better than it already is! (And trust me, that's not easy :smile: )

Thanks for this site Phillip! I'm proud to call it my second home!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Happy Birthday! I brought cupcakes. They have chocolate icing. :smile:

Everyone here is so fun and supportive here, and in general a great crowd and a fun place to hang out. I'm really proud to say that I've been a member for just over 1 of those years. It's not very long, just a small slice in Muppet Central history, but I'm glad I was a part of it!
One of my (innumerous) favourite memories is from that one night where we all had nothing better to do, and just ziffeled and muffined (and penguin'd!) like crazy. And of course I can't forget the T*K*O: thread killa's unite! And when MWoO came out; that was interesting. Everyone, whether they liked it or not, was SO hyped for it. Most members online at once that MC has ever seen, I believe.
Something that has room for improvement would be the articles section; what's in there is fab, but new articles don't appear too often. I myself am not even sure how that works, if anyone can review a product, or what.
How could I help make this site better? :big_grin: I don't know. It's pretty good as it is. But I'll come up with something soon.

Happy 8th birthday MuppetCentral!!!!!!!!!!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yea! Happy Birthday Muppet Central! And only a few days away from my own 1st anniversary!

1. Favorite memories: All of the friends I've made that share a common bond of loving Jim Henson and all of his creations
2. What should MC do? Continue being the best place for fans to find out the latest news and updates on the Muppets
3. What can I do? Continue posting, sharing my love of the Muppets and spreading the word about this great site!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
One of my (innumerous) favourite memories is from that one night where we all had nothing better to do, and just ziffeled and muffined (and penguin'd!) like crazy.
How could you forget that night?! That was amazing!! We should do it again sometime...:wink:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Beauregard's Birthday Wishes...for MC..

Beauregard's computer won't let him enter MC,he's having problems with it,so he's asked me to respond and post for him.

What are my greatest memories...wow...hard to pin one down over so many years of being here through so many generations of MC. Golden Emmy/Jackie days, crazy newbie days, and the totally Mad mopFam generation! So, impossable to pin down any one moment except, maybe, the day I first joined MC.

One thing I'd like to see in 2006 is a new Forum banner! :insertpleedingpleasejamiesmiliehere: But seriously, I'd like to see more fan work, articles, fanfics, etc, being hosted on the site. Though that would probably be an impossible amount of work.

How can I? Well...hmm...let's see...I could not pull this rope that is attached to the trap door under Kevin's feet on the stage there...I could free penguins...No, Ahem! Well, I'd like to help in anyway I can!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
1. There was the time that I first joined, around the same time Frazzle did, and he was the first one to welcome me here at MC. Then as I started to hang out at the Sesame Street board only, because that was the main reason I came here, was to discuss Sesame Street. Then I started wandering off into other boards like Puppetry and General Discussion. Then there was the time I wanted a more muppety screen name, so I changed from Courage-Bagge to D'Snowth, which everyone knows me by now. Then I started making a whole bunch of new friends that have come and gone, but most of them have stayed, and I became part of one of MC's original shows, and people started PMing me, and I'd PM them, and people would tease me about liking Kathy Greenwood, and people wouldn't know what I was talking about when I would make M*A*S*H references, and then everything went crazy, and I love Tommie, and Fozzie Bear becames a moderator, and blah blah blah yap yak blah blah blah blah yakkity yak yak babble babble blah yak utter speak talk communicate utter talk speak yap yap blah blah dwibble dwibble dwibble!
2. Add some more random Sesame smileys (Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Grover, Snuffy, Telly, and even Elmo).
3. Hey, this site's perfect already blah blah java!