Rest In Peace, Rosewood--8-14-67 to 1-15-06

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I've closed the previous threads on this topic. Explanation is below why.

Firstly, this links you to the obituary (and guestbook) of our friend and MC family member Rosewood:http://www.legacy.com/heraldextra/Obituaries.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=16392630 (Thanks for the link, Joe)

These quotes are from the previous messages in the other threads:
Mokeystar: Rest in peace, Rosewood

I am shocked and saddened to learn that Rosejane (otherwise known as Rosewood) passed away this past Sunday. I received a short email from her husband today confirming her passing.

I didn’t know Rosejane for very long, but considered her to be a wonderful friend. She was such a ray of sunshine and was an incredibly sweet lady who loved life as much as she loved others. I loved talking with her online and looked forward to seeing her posts here on Muppet Central.
She absolutely loved hanging out here and enjoyed sharing Sesame memories with everyone.

May God hold her in his precious arms….and may she rest in peace.
FuzzyGobo:
Dear Rosejane. I only knew her for a few months, but in that short span I got to know a very wonderful loving person. I got to talk with her over Christmas about the joy of the holidays, God's grace, and her love for children. I was truly amazed at the way she embraced life in both arms, and was very passionate about everything she did. She and her husband have taken many pictures of landscapes and nature's beauty, and she sent me a few of them.
Everything she viewed, everything she touched, seemed to have God's handprint on it.

I know she managed to rub some people the wrong way, and got in a few tangles with people over differences of opinion. But that was only on the surface. Deep down, she was an extraordinary gal, and I was blessed for the short time I got to be her friend.

If anything good can come from this, please take the time to tell those that are closest to you how much you love them, how special they are. And remember life is very brief, life is very precious. Don't waste it dwelling on negative things. Live each day like it's your last, because you never know when that might be. It might come sooner than you think.

God bless and keep you, Rosejane. Thank you for your love and friendship. I have been touched to know you.
xerus said:
Rosewood passed away?! Oh no! I've recently done some video trading with her and we've talked about some things too. I'm so sorry that happened to her. I pray that she's in Heaven right now and I pray her husband will make it through okay.
BooberFraggless:
Rosewood was a very carring and loving person. She cared very much about classic Sesame Street and Sesame Street's Golden Days. She was a good mother to her 2 children. She did everything she could to try to get Classic SS back on the air and seemed to really be determined with not just that but everything else in life. From the posts Iv'e read from her, and from the Private Conversations wev'e had on the net, I could definetley tell this woman had a good heart and cared about everybody, no matter who they were. It is an awful shame that she left this world at such a very young age. She should be with us right now. Posting about her fond memories of Sesame Street. But with Rosewood's passing, a legacy can be left behind for us. We can all enjoy life just like she did. Not be afraid to try new things or get the attention of Sesame Workshop. Rosewood was a good woman and will be sadly missed by many many many of the members here at MC. So in closing I will say Rest in Peace Rosejane, enjoy your time with Jim Henson and Will Lee. We will all miss you and do what we can to keep your spirit alive on the MC boards.

baba said:
Rest In Peace and God bless
furryredmonster said:
Wasn't she pregnant?? I feel so bad right now... the whole time she was here we were fighting. Rest in peace Rosewood I feel really sad right now...right when I seen this topic I couldnt breathe... I am probably not going to be able to sleep just thinking about it. And I hope this really isnt a joke because that means I got all feeling bad for nothing...
OK, now I am really sad knowing she is no longer with us... Rest In Peace Rosewood...
Yea, she was a really active member and such. ~ Kendra
anythingmuppet said:
Ark! Oh no! How horrible! She was one of my good friends here on the forums! Rest in peace, Rose..
I too am very shocked...I as well couldnt breathe when I saw this...
theprawncracker said:
Oh my...no...Rosewood, I'm so sorry to hear that...The last time I spoke to her personally I was accepting an apology from her...Wow...Well, she will be missed, my prayers go to her family and friends who were very close to her.
katzi428 said:
Oh no!
Joe...thanks for sharing this with us.Rose & I had chatted via PMs after my dad died & she said she was heartbroken after her son died. So she knew how I felt.
R.I.P. Rose...you'll be missed
@------<------
A rose for our Rose
Rose, may you rest in peace.
gonzoleaper said:
I am very saddened to hear this. May God comfort Rose's family during this tough time.

And I know they can take comfort in knowing Rose is experiencing the truth of this Bible verse now!

You have made known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand. (Psalms 16:11)
DanDanStrawberry said:
This is trully awful
redboobergirl said:
I am very saddened to hear of her passing, her and I had recently become friends after talking about doing some trading, which sadly we'll never get to do. But, we talked alot about Sesame Street memories and she was a very knowledgeable person. I will keep her family in my thoughts and prayers.
supermuppet said:
Rest In Peace Rosewood My Prayers Are With Her Family May God Bless.
KimptheShrimp said:
I recieved the Email also and am send my warmest regards to the family at this time i am deeolky sadded and she will be missed. I very just terrible about all this now, and hope that everything will be alright with her friends and family.
barrylee said:
That's very sad,....
VicRomano said:
Oh my... that's really terrible. how very sad.She was only 38, that's so incredibly sad. Her last post was only two days before she passed away. The obituary doesn't say anything about her death but she's just so young I can't help but wonder.
Fragglemuppet: On one hand, you can say that it is a comfort that she wasn't suffering for long, but on the other hand, it makes it all the more tragic. Know what I mean?
Sugarbritchez said:
Sorry to hear about this.......it really saddens me........which any death saddens me. My prayers are with her and her family. God Bless.
sesamestchick said:
I can't believe it. I had communicated with her via e-mail a few times since the beginning of the year, so I only got to know her for a short time. She was so nice and a wonderful person. My heart and prayers go out to her family. She will really be missed.
ssetta said:
Wow, this is really sad. She was so wonderful, and I never got a chance to send her my DVDs!! I wonder what she died of at such a young age.
Because we have suffered forum trolling where people have lied about who they were and about their deaths, the prior threads on this topic were filled with skepticism--even from me. I feel a new thread dedicated to this would better represent our emotions and feelings.

Kevin

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I submitted a link to this to the family so they can read the quotes above and see our sentiments. If you have further memories of Rosewood and would like to make any further messages to the family, please post below.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Our thoughts and prayers are with the family. Know that Rosewood was a sweet member here at MC and she will be truly missed and mourned. In loving memory, I've created an avatar to show our respects for RoseJane Custer Waterhouse, and if any of our MC members would like to use it to honor her memory, I've provided a link below for that purpose. God bless.

Rosewood Memorial Avatar

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Rosewood was a fresh, impactful member here at MC, who would never hesitate to share her opinions and stories. She brought so much energy, fun, and colour to the forum. All of us here will miss her presense, and our prayers will be with her family during this time.

zeldazipple

Reaction score
RIP Rose wood. You will be greatly missed. ( Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier. I wasn't sure if it was real or not.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I didn't get to know Rosewood that well eighther, except that where ever Sesame Street was mentioned, she would be sure to be there. She was the one who inspired me to take a more educated and critical look at both Elmo And Barney. RIP Rosewood, and my best wishes to her family and loved ones.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Oh That's a Shame.RIP Rosewood and I really hope you like heaven.:cry:

How did she die anyway???

F

furryredmonster

How did she die anyway???

Nobody ever said... she was pregnant though so that might have something to do with it.

F

furryredmonster

Her family for some reason keeps on logging in on her name chestermcdragon