Big Bird Imagines Being Small.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Today's SS episode reminds me of an episode from the 70s were he's in Hooper's store and imagines what it would be like being small. He walks along Mr. Hooper's counter and and Mr. Hooper comes by wiping the counter, he yells at him to get his attention but doesn't seem to see or hear BB. finally he ends his imagining and is back to being big again. If I'm not mistaken he makes some silly comment at Mr. hooper about him imagining being small.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. That sounds a lot like today's ep. I wonder if the writers had that one in mind.

zns

Reaction score
How ironic. But then again, it could be just a coincidence. Who knows?:smirk:

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
The truth is that over the years there have been a lot of remakes that a lot of people aren't aware of. for example.........

In 1983 there was a water shortage episode that was part of The Unpaved Series, there was an episode 9 years later in 1992 with the EXACT same plot. It even started out exactly the same with Big Bird, Telly and Gordon in Hooper's Store, only with Mr. Handford working in the store instead of David. I think the writers definetley remade the 1983 episode and that was not just a coincidence. There was also 2 Hurricane Shows back in 1991 that a lot of people seem to have forgotten about. THen exactly 10 years later there was a week's worth of episodes about a Hurricane. In the first one Big Bird's nest didn't get destroyed, but a Giant Shoe landed on Big Birds nest and it belonged to the Old Woman who Lived in a Shoe and all her Children. There was an episode in 1989 or 1990 called Elmo in Numberland, and that same episode was remade in the early 2000's. There was an episode in 1984 when Oscar was sick of his Neighbors and the location of his can so he moved it to the side of Hooper's Store, by the back enterance. And in 2003 they did an episode where Oscar wanted to find a new "Grouchy" place to live and ended up trying out 3 different places. So they definetley do remake episodes.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Today's SS episode was not a remake. As i said in this older epsiodes BB was imagining being small.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, I guess it makes sense that storylines would be repeated. After all, it's hard to keep track of everything that happened in 36 years. Besides, later shows are watched by new generations of children, so they didn't see the earlier shows.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Being small

I always thought that was a neat clip. Big Bird imagined he was walking along Mr. Hooper's counter, and seeing some small things now reaching giant proportions. There was a rubber duckie - I think Bird gave him a small squeeze, but instead of getting a little "Squeak" the thing sounded like a foghorn. Big Bird also saw a bowl of ice cream, which now looks like the size of a swimming pool. "MMMMMM!!! PISTACHIO!" Bird also peered over the edge of the counter, and the floor seemed miles below. Everything was fine until Mr. Hooper started wiping the surface of the counter with a sponge, and Bird was afraid he was so small Hooper wouldn't see him and he'd get wiped away. Then he awoke from his dream, everything was back to normal, and Bird decides being Big is pretty neat after all.