Could this be a sign unto me?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For the past few weeks or so, whenever I get change back from paying for something, I'll occasionally get a Canadian coin in that change (mostly pennies, but I hvae received a quarter as well). Within the few weeks time, I now have a total of 31 cents Canadian. Could this be a sign? Is someone trying to tell me something?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm trying to tell you something: Give me back my change!! >: D

Just curious. Was it a normal quarter, or one of those commemorative ones? There are tons of those kicking around from the years 1999 - 2000, where every month there was a different coin. We also have those ones with actual red poppies on them, for the Year of the Veteran.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How do I know whether it's a normal quarter or not, this is the first Canadian quarter I've ever seen! It has a moose on the back, and it's dated 1993.

And BTW MrsP, if I give you back the change, how can I continue to save for my trip up there to see you all? :wink:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Okay, sorry! How should I know? ^^ Yup, the quarter has a moose on the tails side, and the queen on the heads side. I was gonna put that in my first post, but I wasn't entirely sure if it was a moose, or technically a caribou or something. I'm about 98% sure its a moose.
Anyhoo, canadian money rocks. Our bills are colourful, and our coins have animals and neat canadian things on them.
penny = maple leafs
nickle = beaver
dime = the bluenose (it's a ship, google it)
quarter = moose (caribou??)
loonie = loons, duh
toonie = polar bears

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Moose, caribou, same difference. Yeah, the US government is finally making our bills colorful...the new 20 dollar bill is blue, peach, and green, and I believe the new 50 is pink and yellow.
MrsPepper said:
loonie = loons, duh
toonie = polar bears
That's a joke, isn't it?

BTW, you've been promoted at KGZ.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Thanks for the promotion!! Sorry I haven't been around to enjoy it yet.

And no, actually. That is not a joke. Cool eh? :big_grin: We have 1 and 2 dollar coins, which people call the loonie and the toonie. We used to have 1 and 2 dollar bills, but loonies have been around for a long time now, and toonies were introduced in the mid 90's. Loonies look gold. Toonies are silver coloured with a gold coloured circle inside.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_coins
Scroll down for pictures of the tails side of the coins.

Edit: I know best? Cool. Excellent! ^^ Merci.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Thanks for the promotion!! Sorry I haven't been around to enjoy it yet.

And no, actually. That is not a joke. Cool eh? :big_grin: We have 1 and 2 dollar coins, which people call the loonie and the toonie. We used to have 1 and 2 dollar bills, but loonies have been around for a long time now, and toonies were introduced in the mid 90's. Loonies look gold. Toonies are silver coloured with a gold coloured circle inside.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_coins
Scroll down for pictures of the tails side of the coins.

Edit: I know best? Cool. Excellent! ^^ Merci.
Yeah, we've been busy today, for once!!!

Wow, we used to have half-dollar coins, but uh, I don't know why we don't have them anymore, in fact, I don't think they've been in circulation long before I was even born!

Oh, and you know I was sucking up, don't you...forget I said that!

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Maybe it's a sign from Colin Mocharie. He was from Canada. What about Kathy Grenwood?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I think we still have commemorative 50 cent coins. But they're not common at all.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
MuppetsRule said:
Maybe it's a sign from Colin Mocharie. He was from Canada. What about Kathy Grenwood?
Maybe, I had this dream last night she had me arrested for stalking her!