D'Snowth's Holiday Survival Guide Vol. 1

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's December, and that means you've gotta whole lotta shopping to do!!! It's a good idea to have a little advance on your allowance around this time of year, that way you've got a better chance of purchasing those nice expensive gift sets you wanna get for your mom.

Speaking of which, if you're shopping for gifts for a certain parent, make it's the opposite parent who takes you shopping.

When decorating the house,make sure you decorate ASAP, especially when you have a mom who's ready to decorate for the holidays around September. Make sure your tree isn't too tall, otherwise you'll never get the star, or angel, on top. And make sure not to accidentally drop a Christmas ball, otherwise you'll have a nervous break-down with the thought that "I've destroyed Christmas!". Having dad put the lights on first makes it easy for you and mom to finish decorating. It's a good idea to get a White Pine for Christmas, because unlike those tree in front of Kroger's, White Pines are softer, fluffier and greener!

As the years go on, expect less gift under the tree that says "To: You". I mean after all these years, what more could you want? It's always fun to have your parents address the packages from some of your favorite fictional characters, so in return, address the packages to your parents from both you and you're lil bunny, or dog, or whatever pet you have. Make sure your mom remembers to get homemade candles from one of her friends, as they are your trademark Christmas gift for teachers on the last day of school before hristmas starts. On Christmas morning, when you have the family get together, you can almost always expect some type of clothing from your Nana...that's why you've got so little space in your closet. And when you're coming home from the Christmas Eve service at church, try not to get TOO psyched, you KNOW you're parents want to go out for dinner before you can go home to open that one special Christmas Eve present.

Make sure you have a good, long, steady supply of Mayfield's Egg Nog, homemade thumbprint cookies, homemade fudge, and homemade snow cream (that is IF you're one of those yankees up North who get all the good snow). If someone gives you a fruit cake for Christmas, don't be hatin' them back, for all you know, it could be just a harmless, friendly joke, unless it's from a relative who actually hates you. And when you're having your holiday dinner, make sure you have plenty of that ham left over so you don't over-do left over turkey. And don't forget to try to avoid your nana's deviled eggs. This is a Christian holiday, why emphasise the Devil into it?

Finally, when it's time to take down all the decorations after December 31st, be expecting dad to be in a better mood, cuz when it comes to holidays, he's your regular Charlie Brown.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Lol, that's great! I can relate to the deminishing gifts, the deviled eggs, (although fortunately, no one in my immediate family likes them either), and especially the Charley Brown bit with my uncle, Lol!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
As I get older, the more I hate christmas. My brother lives in Houston and can't come. All my grandparents are dead and the relativies I hung out with on christmas eve don't hang out me or my parents anymore.

Christmas has become a holiday that is more about shopping and spending all sorts of money and buying every single gift for everyone, no matter how expensive it is or how hard it is to find a certain gift.

Oh, and I'm really tired of christmas music.

Sorry about sounding like a scrooge, but that's how I am!

ryan

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's another survival tip:

If someone you know or love is quite the Scrooge, reach out to them and say "Ah, quit poutin' ya big baby!"

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Here's another survival tip:

If someone you know or love is quite the Scrooge, reach out to them and say "Ah, quit poutin' ya big baby!"
Another survival tip: If you want to live for another year, don't do what D'Snowth said, especially around me!!!

ryan