The 4th Moppet FamFic: The Cat Came Back.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys... Just clearing out some space.
Will let Christy post her new story, whenever it's ready, as the third one.
Enjoy.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Chapter 1: I Hate Mondays.

Everything seemed normal... At least as far as "normal" was for the Moppets and Coles and all the other members of their clan. Five or six years elapsed into the void of space, the families growing up all the while. Adam Cole, the headmaster of Magic School, was heading home after another weary day. As headmaster it was his job to make sure all those under his care got a well-rounded education regarding their magical gifts. His wife and daughters already at home, it wasn't until the early evening hours he arrived at his humble abode located in the heart of the suburbs.

The Cole Family home, built to resemble the architectural style of gothic provincial, included a front yard where the girls ran around in human or cat form playing tag. Adam walked up the steps of the porch, knocking on the front door with the silver lionheaded knocker's gleaming ring. Isabelle Cole opened the door a few seconds later, kissing her husband on the cheek.
Isabelle: "Did you have a good day?"
Adam: "Oh you know, the usual. Graded a few tests on potion brewing, made sure the bats were taken care of, planned the school's lunches..."
Isabelle: "That's nice, the girls are in the study if you want to see them."
Though Adam was somewhat actually blind, he understood what she meant. The study was the one room cherished above all others by the Coles, it was here where the head of the family gathered the kittens to read them fanciful stories kept in their family library.

Ann Gora, the eldest, played a few snatches of music at the organ placed along the righthand wall. Her blonde hair swept in the wind as she concentrated to get the melody just right. "Bravo!" clapped Adam, surprising his daughter. "Daddy!" cried Ann, as she jerked her head around to see him standing behind her. Ann ran to greet her father, glad he was finally home.
Adam: "Where are your sisters?"
Ann: "They're in their room, I'll go get them."
The smaller snow white cat sprinted off to find her sisters, a ginger-colored kitten and another fiery orange-red haired girl. "Daddy's home!" came her cry after changing back into human form to open the door to the girls' bedroom. Kelly lay dozing away on top of her sketchbook, while Tabby shot out the door past her other sister. Soon all three girls were in their clothed human form asking their father all sorts of questions.
Adam: "Yes, I'll read you a story... But let me catch my breath first."
The evening was spent in merriment, as Kelly showed and described her latest drawings... And Tabby danced to the music Ann played, once more at the grand organ.

Isabelle poked her head in the doorway, telling her family that the night's dinner was ready. The Coles adjourned to the dining room for their meal. The highchairs were now replaced by eight chairs around the table, and gone were the days of having to mash the girls' food so they could eat it carefully. Once the dishes had been washed, Adam tucked his girls into bed for the night. He wished them a good night's sleep and closed the door, turning on the nightlight before making his way to the room he shared with Isabelle. The beautiful snowy white mother cat was waiting for him when he got there, since she could change her form at will just like her daughters.
Isabelle: "Adam..."
Adam: "Yes Izzy?"
Isabelle: "Do I look all right to you?"
Adam: "Darling, you're the most beautiful..."
Isabelle, softly purring: "No, that's not what I meant. Just a few minutes ago I changed into my cat form... And I can't seem to change back."
Adam: "Really? That seems odd. Let me check."
He drew out a healing crystal tucked in his robe's pockets, examining his wife to see if she was in tip-top shape.
Adam: "Can't find anything wrong, maybe a visit to the hospital tomorrow would be in order."
Isabelle: "Well, if you think it's best dear."
The two said their good-nights to each other and fell asleep shortly there after.

It wasn't until 3 o'clock in the morning he heard a faint mewing at his side...
Adam: "Isabelle? Are you..."
He turned to his side and knew something was wrong.
Adam: "Izzy? Are you there?"
Isabeele, faintly mewing: "Adam! I'm fading!"
Adam: "What? How can..."
His crystal started glowing, he pulled it out and quickly confirmed that his wife had started to vanish. Her once powdered snow white fur had now acquired ghostly gray twinges, as the first phase of this curse manifested itself. Adam rushed out into the night, like a bat out of ****, straight to the hospital so they could figure out the root of this new evil.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh. My. Gosh. I am transfixed by this story! I'm not being biased because it's our family in MopFam, but this is REALLY good. Wow. I really cannot wait to read more, this is going to be a real edge of the seat kind of story, I can just tell!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. Waiting for Lisa to read and reply, and approval to post Chapter 2.
References and cameos there a-plenty.

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Sorry to muffin but I have something to say:
This morning, the song 'The Cat Came Back' popped into my head and I listened to it online just for the heck of it and now, there's a MopFam FamFic with the same title! Very scary...:eek:

And while I was at this thread, I decided to read the story-- It's Nice! Good job dude :smile:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<completely spellbound>

............<stunned silence>..................

......<Note from Lisa's voice: Sorry, not in right now, be back at an unspecified time>............

<runs out to find voice>

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... Then just wait till Chapter 2 gets posted. She'll be mute by the time this story ends.

Oh and AnythingMuppet, you should do yourself a favor and read through the other Moppet fam fics if you haven't yet.

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Sure thing dude! I'll read them later tonight or tomorrow, whenever I get the chance.