Your Thoughts: vBulletin 3.5

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We are now running vBulletin 3.5 on our forum. If you have any questions or are experiencing any problems with the new software please post them here. Below is a list of just a few of the new features you'll want to check out.
[SIZE=+0]Database-based thread and forum read marking
No matter how many times you visit the forum, only the threads you've seen will be marked read.

[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]Thread title editing on forumdisplay via AJAX [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]This will make it quick and on the fly for you to modify your thread titles.

Completely rewritten message editor with ability to instantly switch between standard and WYSIWYG modes
You will use this each time you post.

Super-Quick Reply on showthread via AJAX
Just like the improved wysiwyg editor, now you don't even have to reload a page to keep posting. You will love this.

Inline post edit on showthread via AJAX
And to top that, clicking on edit will now not reload the page, but simply make the post editable.

Username suggestion for PM recipients and search by user via AJAX
Not always do you know how to spell a friends names, now you dont have to. vBulletin does it for you.

MySQL Full Text Search
A revamped search engine.

Custom avatar resizing
No more annoyances with invalid sizes, etc. vBulletin will just do it for you.

New bbcode parser now corrects invalid tag nesting to ensure valid HTML
Better post results, less hassle.

Spell Checker for Internet Explorer
You can use a spell checker if running Internet Explorer. You'll need to install
ieSpell in order to use this feature. Support for other browsers will be implemented by vBulletin as soon as tools with sufficient web-integration systems become available.

And of course, numerous bugs and annoyances resolved.
Better browser support, and things like that.
[/SIZE]

I will also be adding some additional new features in the days and weeks to come. Look for more details in our announcements forum.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Wow! This is truely amazing!!!

Look at the avatar it just re-sized for me!!!

EDIT: This edit is Pretty darn niffty!!! And a spell checker too. And, ooh, look, it just automatically updates the page I am working on, coooool!

EDIT 2: And, splended Color choice!

EDIT 3: And with such an easy edit option, why bother posting twice...I love the "Go to page" option!! Nifty or what!!!

F

furryredmonster

Wow! This is soo awesome!! We love it thanks!! And I will absoulutlly love the avie thing. That will be much easier...

F

furryredmonster

Wow!!!! I did not have to reload the page!! This is soooo awesome...

Thanks,
FRM

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I have homework to do, I have homework to do, I have homework to do, I have homework to do, I have.... agh... not... working... must... play... with... new... features!

Edit: OOH! I LOVE THE EDITING! Oh this is very cool, this is awesome, this is... oh hey look! This is my 2100 post! Wow, I have no life and I'll be using this a lot! Now let's see... ooh, color! And let's try... I like this!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Same here WOOOOOOOO!!! :excited:

Edit: WOW! New editing! This is cool! *jumps around in color* Now that is nice

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Hey Beau, nice avatar! It resizes, you say? YAY!!!

EDIT: Yes it does! And now my Read-Alee-Deed-Alee avatar fits!

But it doesnt accept .tiff filez. Dang. And that IESPELL only works for Windows. Double Dang. Well, I'll wait for the other browsers..( since I primarily use FireFox)

Vic Romano

Reaction score
This is totally awesome, thanks for the upgrade, Phil! I'm downloading the spell check right now!