There's no business like shoe business..

MrsPepper

Reaction score
in the land of Memphis!!

Today I was lucky enough to find a copy of Muppet Classic Theatre on VHS at a local second-hand shop. Lucky for me it looks like it's hardly been viewed because the sound is good, and the picture quailty is good too! It's not faded looking and tracking wasn't a problem.

And, it was only 4$! I was lucky. When I bought Elmo in Grouchland for 2$ at a different shop, the sound was horrible - it buzzed all the time. I had also found The Dark Crystal for 4$ but I decided not to buy that one - it seems like it would be better viewed in widescreen, and as I haven't seen it, I don't want to spoil it for myself. I'll probably pick up that one on DVD.

But yeah, back to Muppet Classic Theatre. My favourite by far is "The Elves and the Shoemaker", because we all know that Elvis ROCKS. And, Robin was in that one and talked ALOT, and I can't help but love little Robin. Next was probably "The Boy who cried Wolf", since that wolf is just awesome. But the song in "The Emperor's New Clothes" was really cool. ^_^

G-MAN

Reaction score
Oh yes, "It's you, it's you, it's so completely you.", I just love that song.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Yes, I've seen "Muppet Classic Theatre" a couple times and it's not as bad as some make it out to be. There are a couple of characters who show up that don't always get as used much nowadays, including Robin. Also, Andy and Randy Pig show up prior to their "Muppets Tonight" appearances. Gonzo and Rizzo are also paired up in one of their first pairings. Also on hand are Piggy, Fozzie and of course, Kermit. And it's always cool seeing the Elvis muppets show up and they later had a regular appearing role on "Muppets Tonight" as well. (The "Elvis in History" spot)

Yeah, there were some pretty cool songs in there too. I think my favorite part has got to be in "Rumpelstiltskin" when Piggy's father is mentioning some of Piggy's talents so she'll be picked to be queen (or maybe it's another father- I can't remember right now) and he mentions that she can "gargle Gershwin gorgeously"! :smile: I may have got that a little wrong, but I know there's a reference to that in the video. I was laughing out loud at that point. This is of course, a reference to Angus McGonagle from the "Star Wars" episode of The Muppet Show, who was the original guest star and that was his main talent.
:cool:

rexcrk

Reaction score
I love Muppet Classic Theater. Instead of growing up on the movies such as The Muppet Movie, Great Muppet Caper, and Muppets Take Manhattan... I grew up with Muppet Classic Theater, the "It's not easy bein' green" sing-a-long video and Muppet Christmas Carol. Owning the first three Muppet movies and Muppet Treasure Island and Muppets From Space on DVD were the very first time I owned any of those movies.

Anyway I loved in Very Merry Muppet Christmas when the Elvis's made an appearance... I was so happy!!!