New Website in development

BEAR

Reaction score
So I know this is probably supposed to be in the Web section of the forum, but let's be honest...who really goes there to read stuff anyway!?

So in preparing to put up a site for the new Muppet Survivor game here at MC, I came up with an idea. I am thinking of building my own site, mainly for Sesame Street. It would have news, articles, forums...kinda like here only not nearly as good. I thought maybe it could be a sister site or subdivision of Muppet Central or something. Any ideas?

I will try to keep you all posted on progress.

Bear

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh goody, a new Sesame Street site! Do you think I could post my reviews of new episodes at your forum? This'll be cool! I can't wait to see how this turns out BEAR!

BTW, this doesn't necessarily HAVE to be in the web section...I posted in General Forum when I needed help launching The Kathy Greenwood Zone.

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Oh goody, a new Sesame Street site! Do you think I could post my reviews of new episodes at your forum? This'll be cool! I can't wait to see how this turns out BEAR!

BTW, this doesn't necessarily HAVE to be in the web section...I posted in General Forum when I needed help launching The Kathy Greenwood Zone.
Thanks, D'Snowth. I figured if I posted in General, more people would see it. Also, I would be thrilled to have your episode reviews and any others that you may have. Reviews and editorials would be a great section to have. Artwork and games too. I would like to look to many of my friends here at MC for help. There are so many talented people here. Artists, storytellers, writers, web-builders, and especially fans. I know that there are also a lot of parents here that would be of tremendous help to me in getting a site like this created.

The name of the site right now is Sesame Station (sort of a take on--or rip off of--Muppet Central). It is the stop for all things SS, and maybe a few other things. Any other thoughts for title names?

If anyone has anything they are interested in contributing, please let me know!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think Sesame Station is a kewl name! It's certain an...original rip off. :smile: Anyway, as I see more new eps, I work on some new reviews for your site.

Hey, if you need any help with HTML, my knowledge may be limited at best, but I could probably be of SOME assistance in that field.

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I think Sesame Station is a kewl name! It's certain an...original rip off. :smile: Anyway, as I see more new eps, I work on some new reviews for your site.

Hey, if you need any help with HTML, my knowledge may be limited at best, but I could probably be of SOME assistance in that field.

Mrs. Pepper directed me to freewebs.com. So I will probably set up there. there are 2 different options: template and html. I dunno what the difference is or which is better so i just went with template.

I like your reviews a lot. any reviews of videos, films and specials are great as well. Let me know what you need.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The difference between template and HTML is that a template is an automatic site design/layout you can choice from for your site (see That Announcer's Rio Grande Web Network for an example, he used a template). HTML is where you upload your pages, and you maintain it with the HTML tags to make the site presentable (an example of this is...well...my site). Freewebs is GREAT, there's nothing easier than freewebs, plus their free!

Barry Lee

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Mrs. Pepper directed me to freewebs.com. So I will probably set up there. there are 2 different options: template and html. I dunno what the difference is or which is better so i just went with template.

I like your reviews a lot. any reviews of videos, films and specials are great as well. Let me know what you need.
This might be interesting, I prefer http://www.geocities.com though, but I can't wait to see what you come up with!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I tried GeoCities at first, but everytime I logged on, I kept getting that "Cannot Display" page.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Ok. Advice: Dont steal other site's Sesame pictures ask first. Trust me I learned that the hard way when I started. hahah.