Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock Season 1

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With Fraggle Rock Season 1 set to release next Tuesday September 6, here is our review of the anticipated release. From the original 24 episodes to the new behind-the-scenes interviews, find out all the details of this box set.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/reviews/dvd/fraggle_season_1.shtml

Let us know what you think about the DVD set and any questions that you might have.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
:excited:

I haven't got the DVDs yet (but I will!), but I am still amazed at this set. Of the main Muppet series (TMS, SS, and FR), FR is the one I've seen the least episodes of, so I'm really glad that these episodes will now be released (and full edits, too!). I love all the "behind the scenes" archival stuff included (I never saw the original documentary, and just seeing that original Gobo picture...call me weird, but I just love seeing original characters like that). It's interesting that, while TMS may be better known (and the DVDs came from the infamous Disney corporation), they fall short when compared to everything on the FR discs. They'll definitely be one of the high points in my Muppet collection. I just wish I had the money for them now. :smirk:

I just hope that future sets are on the way. Does anyone have any info concerning subsequent seasons being released?

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Got my copy of it yesterday and it's great. I really enjoyed seeing the short clips from behind the scenes that is used in the interviews, stuff that is not in the documentary. Also the audition clips, its funny to see Jerry as Wembley, Steve as Gobo, Kathy as Red and Karen as Mokey :smile:.

I really enjoy this set more than the TMS set.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
To Phillip Chapman

I have noticed that you seem to get a lot of Muppet DVD and audio releases before they are avilible. Do you have some kidn of special deal to get these early, so that you can review them before people can buy them?

Also, in the review, it says that the openig for The terrible Tunnel had Gobo saying Down At Fraggle Rock. I thought he said that in The Finger of Light.

I have noticed on the Hit releases that the logo is changed so that the Muppets name is not in the openign credits. Since the opening never changed, it's possible that Hit (or henson) only changed one opening and used that for each episode, instead of changing the opening for every single episode, and possibly did not know about the alternate opening endings.

It would have been good if all of the "Down at Fraggle Rock" sequences were included as a bonus feature. In terry angus' interview on Muppet central, it is said that a different opening was filmed but never used. it would have been great if that opening was used.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Do you have some kidn of special deal to get these early, so that you can review them before people can buy them?
Yes, we try to get an advance copy to give you a sneak peak of important releases.

minor muppetz said:
I have noticed on the Hit releases that the logo is changed so that the Muppets name is not in the openign credits.
The openings here are as they originally aired with the original logo. I'll try to add a picture of this to the review.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
The openings here are as they originally aired with the original logo. I'll try to add a picture of this to the review.
That's weird. So they didn't change the logo, yet the openigns still don't end with Gobo and Wembly saying Down At Fraggle Rock? Now, if this was the altered logo (which says "Jim Hensons Fraggle Rock" instead of "Fraggle Rock starring Jim Hensons Muppets" that would be more understandable).

BEAR

Reaction score
I must say that I am getting extremely excited about these Fraggle Rock DVDs. I have never been a huge FR fan and I know I have seen at lease a few episodes before, but remember it very vaguely. I would like to get into it more. It was such a classic like the other Muppet productions but way different. This was such a unique creation. I wish I had been more of a fan before. Do we know how much the set will cost?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Do we know how much the set will cost?
The regular price for the DVD collection is set at $44.99, however many store will have it for slightly less.

You can get Fraggle Rock Season 1 from Amazon and iof you use this link, and a portion of your order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site and forum running smoothly. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the DVD set of $31.49 with free shipping.

anathema

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
That's weird. So they didn't change the logo, yet the openigns still don't end with Gobo and Wembly saying Down At Fraggle Rock?
Those changes were made a long time ago while the show was in syndication.
Nothing to do with HIT.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
anathema said:
Those changes were made a long time ago while the show was in syndication.
Nothing to do with HIT.
I know that the one with Gobo at least was included on The Disney Channel. I remember seeing that one once and only once.