I had a filling today I wasn't prepared for!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, today was my bi-annual teeth cleaning to the dentist, when much to my dismay, they had me scheduled for a cavity filling. So, that's my story. I'm still having gas effects. I love you guys

That Announcer

Reaction score
I've never had a filling yet, so I wouldn't know what it's like. Do they give you laughing gas now, or is it something else?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I'm still having gas effects. I love you guys
If that was written on paper, I'd frame it and hang it on the wall.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
If that was written on paper, I'd frame it and hang it on the wall.
I have to admit, I was laughing outloud when I read that part too. Not laughing at your misery D'Snowth, just laughing at how that appeared. Too funny! But, I'm sorry you had a filling you weren't prepared for, that can be no fun.

Emosewa

Reaction score
I feel your pain, D'Snowth.. I've had to have fillings on all of my back molars because the pitts were too deep, as the dentist calls them, I couldn't brush them well. So they had cavities almost immediately after coming in. But let us hope it won't be too expensive, aye?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yeah, fillings aren't cool. So did they freeze your mouth? Or give you gas? That's crazy. I've had surgery before, but I chose not to have laughing gas, just the sleepy stuff. It smelled like peppermonts and licorice. I was out like a light. But they keep you awake for oral surgery unless it's your wisdom teeth they're taking out, so they'd have to freeze you.

That Announcer

Reaction score
My mother had some sort of "twilight sleep" stuff when she had her wisdom teeth taken out, which apparently led to a very amusing ride home from the hospital. (All my aunt can remember is her saying something about "clouds in the frogs" and laughing her butt off.)

That Announcer

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Yeah, and BOY was it nice!
Heh. I've never been in for any surgery or anything, but my father parallels getting nitrous oxide as "what happens when you hear a really funny joke and follow it up with a pint of beer". :smile: