Fan Mail in General

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Just out of curiousity, have any of you written fan mail in the past and NEVER gotten responses?
That's happened to me before. In the past, I've written to David Feiss (creator of Cow and Chicken/I Am Weasel), John Dilworth (creator of Courage the Cowardly Dog), and Kevin Clash (creator of Elmo.
I wrote David 5 years ago.
I wrote John 3 years ago.
I wrote Kevin last year.
I only got a response from Kevin, which was very cool! Although he didn't write anything back, I got a really cool autographed photo of him and Elmo that made my day.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ooh, I want to mail Jerry Nelson, but I'm kind of shy tp do it. ><

I get mail back when I send letters to Santa... **coughs** :wink:

That Announcer

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Ooh, I want to mail Jerry Nelson, but I'm kind of shy tp do it. ><

I get mail back when I send letters to Santa... **coughs** :wink:
If you still believe in Santa Claus, look away.

Alright, they not looking? My grandfather used to answer a lot of Santa letters, as I understand it. My father works at Canada Post, so he got him in on it. OK, fellas, you can look back now.

Personally, I've always wanted to mail Brian Henson, Robert Rodriguez (think "Spy Kids" and "El Mariachi"), Bob Geldof, Mike Nesmith and Milos Forman (director of "Amadeus"). All I need is a few addresses, as all of them are not exactly A-list celebrities, so I would assume I'd get a response... well, not really fast, but faster than if I was mailing Johnny Depp. :smile:

Good about the Kevin Clash deal, DS. If I had to send the man a fan letter, I'd pretty much only mention Polly Lobster.

Ziffel

Reaction score
When I was seven I wrote Mr. Rogers and got a reply. And it was a personal reply, not a pre-printed form letter. Such a good man. And what's also neat is when he died I watched a special on tv about him and they said he saved all the letters children wrote him over the years.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
You're SO mean. Just cause you have a vendetta against Elmo and Clifford... :stick_out_tongue:

And that what when I was ten. For your big fat information. **sticks out tongue**

That Announcer

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
You're SO mean. Just cause you have a vendetta against Elmo and Clifford... :stick_out_tongue:

And that what when I was ten. For your big fat information. **sticks out tongue**
Hey, shut up! Clifford's not all that bad, it's just that... well, you know the story. :wink:

I like your tale about Rogers, Ziffel. I used to watch him a lot myself.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Aah Ziffel, that means PBS has your address and your age 7 monacre (sp?).

I LOVED Mr. Rogers. And Mr. Dressup. And the Friendly Giant... **sniffs** I miss childhood...

That Announcer

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
I LOVED Mr. Rogers. And Mr. Dressup. And the Friendly Giant... **sniffs** I miss childhood...
OMG, the Friendly Giant, my mother talks about him all the time! I used to watch him every once in a while myself, he had a great show. Dressup was also a staple of my childhood, as was Today's Special. I would kill to get that show on DVD. *sigh* How I'd love to be back about ten years ago... OK, I lied. I personally would rather be 25 years old watching the stuff I did ten years ago. :big_grin:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh my gosh! :eek:

That Announcer changed his signature! And it's a real funny one.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
^__^

I have a book about the Friendly Giant's birthday.

Search on Today's Special, there's a crazy amazing fan site with tons of clips.

Under the Umbrella Tree is on DVD, also. **grins** Want it...