Finally! It's bedtime!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, okay, it's not quite bedtime, but I'm finally getting a new bed! Having a full-size bed for years, my feet have been hanging over the edge for quite some time! But today, I'll finally have a queen-sized pillowtop bed, and a brand new bedroom suit! I'm so excited!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Congratulations! I remember when I went from twin size to full size, it felt sooooo huge. Oh, and my feet hang over the edge, too, but I actually sleep better that way, and it's really more because I sleep so low in my bed. But anyway, hope you enjoy your bed, and sweet dreams!

luvtosr

Reaction score
Congratulations! And remember - if you turn your mattress on a Friday you'll sleep badly until you turn it again...unless you turn it on a Friday again then maybe you'll stop sleeping alltogether...hmmm.

The fella and I went from a double to a king-size not long back, I really don't know how we managed two to a single when we were but poor little students.

My feet never stick off anything, I'm only 5'2" so I can curl up and sleep quite comfortably on a two-seater sofa, I do love bing able to wriggle round and stretch in bed without Gary getting in the way though!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
luvtosr said:
Congratulations! And remember - if you turn your mattress on a Friday you'll sleep badly until you turn it again...unless you turn it on a Friday again then maybe you'll stop sleeping alltogether...hmmm.
Huh?

That Announcer

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Well, okay, it's not quite bedtime, but I'm finally getting a new bed! Having a full-size bed for years, my feet have been hanging over the edge for quite some time! But today, I'll finally have a queen-sized pillowtop bed, and a brand new bedroom suit! I'm so excited!
Congrats! I know what it's like switching beds. Just a few months ago I moved from a single mattress (my dad was cheap) to an extra-long double (my mom isn't). The change was necessitated for the same reason as yours: at 5'10'' (and shooting up like crazy) a tiny little bed with no boxspring on a frame that had three drawers in it just does not work. Have fun with it,
TA

Vibs

Reaction score
Congrats with the new bed!! I had this really nice bed for a couple of years then I replaced it with a sofa bed and it's not really that great but hey! I got a sofa! So now my room is both an office, a bedroom and a sitting room!! *Looking at the mess around me*.. um, that's what it's supposed to be anyway...

luvtosr

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
There's an old superstition that says if you turn (or flip) your mattress on a Friday you won't sleep well until you turn it again.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
GOOD NIGHT! My new bed is HUGE!!! It's taller than my dresser! But boy is it soft! Boy, Rocky and I are happy!

That Announcer

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
GOOD NIGHT! My new bed is HUGE!!! It's taller than my dresser! But boy is it soft! Boy, Rocky and I are happy!
Good on ya! Out of plain curiosity, where did you get the bed?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
Good on ya! Out of plain curiosity, where did you get the bed?
Just a local retailer in my community. I can tell you though, the bed is an Englander. Originally, we ordered a Serta (I already have my complimentary counting sheep), but the decided not to make it anymore, so we went with an Englander!