Strange Moments In Your Life

That Announcer

Reaction score
I was wondering: what are some strange things that have happened to you?

The first one I can think of off hand is probably the time I had a waiter at a pizza restaurant (Uno's, I think it was) that looked like Charlie Manson. Not a good sign, is it?

Ernie101

Reaction score
****.. I can't even tell you mine because that was so funny..

I would have probally said something like, "Refill Charlie!"

That Announcer

Reaction score
Ernie101 said:
****.. I can't even tell you mine because that was so funny..

I would have probally said something like, "Refill Charlie!"
What would have been REALLY scary is if he said something like "Oh, ya wanna REFILL do ya? Well, let's just see about that!"

EDIT: Even scarier would have been "Hey, how do you know my name?"

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
This was strange, though not creepy strange. This was a very good strange.

One summer a few years back, a friend and I wanted to go to a theme park here in Kansas City called Worlds of Fun. On the morning of the day we had planned on going, it rained, and the forecast said the rain would coninue. We did not allow this to deter our plans and we went out to WOF anyway. When we arrived, the park was open, but nearly deserted. At Worlds of Fun, they only shut down rides if lightning is seen, and there had been no lightning that day, so everything was up and running. Worlds of Fun is usually a very busy place, and you have to be prepared to stand in lines for rides for a good 30-40 minutes, give or take a few. On this particular day, there was no line for any of the rides. We were able to run straight up, jump in a car and go. For the rides we loved, we were able to get off, run back through the entrance and run straight up into a car and go again.
When we got hungry, we went to a concession stand and ordered chicken baskets. First of all, they gave us a bunch of extra chicken strips because they had made a bunch and they weren't being purchased. Later, as we were eating, an employee brought us two more orders of chicken strips just for the heck of it! This was very exciting for a person like me who loves food but can hardly afford to order a buffet from theme park concession stands.
Later that day, we found a bunch of arcade tickets lying on the wet ground; we collected them and traded them in for a bunch of really cool prizes in the arcade.
It was a really great time but definitely not an occasion one could count on happening ever again.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow Docnzhoss, that sounds like so much fun! Anyway, "Stange Moments"? I'll give you strange. This morning, at approximately 6:00, our smoke-detectors went off for exactly three seconds. But, there was no fire, no smoke, no nothing! It was very strange, so stange in fact, I'm still awake, which explains why I'm here at no 9:00 in the morning! I should get back to bed, I have to get up in another 2 and a half hours anyway!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Approximately 9:08am, the smoke-detectors went off for three seconds again. No fire, no smoke, no nothing! It's starting to get a little creepy!

luvtosr

Reaction score
I used to share a flat with my best friend, it was on two floors and the living room had a little kitchenette attached and there was definitely something strange going on. Almost every night all the appliances apart from the fridge would be turned off. We always used to check them before we went up and, because my bedroom was kinda creepy I nearly always slept in my flatmate's room (infact we once had seven other people stay over and not one of us would sleep in my room. The one time my flatmate did she had a horrible nightmare or possibly a panic attack - or something - but she never has nightmares or panic attacks normally) so we knew it wasn't one of us. It happened so regularly it couldn't have been our imagination but we never found an explanation for it.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
How's this for strange. I'm in my room, alone, about as far from my computer as I can get without leaving my room, not touching it or anything. The computer turns on. Not on any timer, or any other self-turning-on-device of any kind. It just sort of turns on. It's happened several times. What's frustrating is when it's the end of the day, I'm tired, I turn the computer off, get in bed, and then it turns back on. So I have to wait for it to turn all the way on, get up, and turn it back off. grrrrr.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There's only one solution for that, if you room is creepy, and it gives people panic attacks...move!

That Announcer

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
How's this for strange. I'm in my room, alone, about as far from my computer as I can get without leaving my room, not touching it or anything. The computer turns on. Not on any timer, or any other self-turning-on-device of any kind. It just sort of turns on. It's happened several times. What's frustrating is when it's the end of the day, I'm tired, I turn the computer off, get in bed, and then it turns back on. So I have to wait for it to turn all the way on, get up, and turn it back off. grrrrr.
That's happened to me a few times. Run a virus-scan on your computer (with updated definitions) and you oughta be fine.

Here's one: If you turn the heat-direction selector dial on my oven too far in the wrong direction, the clock resets itself. As a result, we haven't broiled anything for three years!