Emmet Otter Special Edition coming to DVD

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Talked with a representative from HIT today and found out some good info on the upcoming release of Emmet Otter's Jug-band Christmas. The DVD will include a lost song, bloopers and behind-the-scenes documentary with the cast and crew. You can also see the first preview on-line of the new cover

As Greg mentioned earlier, reports are currently that the Kermit scenes will be edited out, but hopefully all other scenes (including those not in the 1998/2001 Columbia release) will be restored here.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2005/070605.shtml

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey gang,

WOW awsome News Phil, just got out of work, kinda of a bad night but got home got on MC to see a nice :excited: to come home too!

thanks, oh and I WILL be buying a copy for me & the libirary! :smile:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I don't know if I'll be buying it because of Kermit being cut. I'm sorry I love this speical very much but with two sences cut being that its Kermit's then I hate it. I hate when something like this has to be. I just wished that Disney would be let it be and let Henson use Kermit. Its not fair that Kermit (who is one of the belovest characters) has to be cut? Sorry to keep ranting on but when something like Kermit can't be in a speical even tho he isn't part of the story line why did Henson in the first place put him in there. Thats whats going to happen to Kermit's sence when "Christmas toy" comes out. Down with Disney because of this. I like disney but when they chop up one of my favorite christmas speical. Then its on! :mad:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Well if they include the stuff cut from the last release then it would be possible to edit ones own complete version :smile:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Its good news but it sure would be simpler to include the full uncut version, they always have to cut!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
I don't know if I'll be buying it because of Kermit being cut. I'm sorry I love this speical very much but with two sences cut being that its Kermit's then I hate it. I hate when something like this has to be. I just wished that Disney would be let it be and let Henson use Kermit. Its not fair that Kermit (who is one of the belovest characters) has to be cut? Sorry to keep ranting on but when something like Kermit can't be in a speical even tho he isn't part of the story line why did Henson in the first place put him in there. Thats whats going to happen to Kermit's sence when "Christmas toy" comes out. Down with Disney because of this. I like disney but when they chop up one of my favorite christmas speical. Then its on! :mad:
I don't think Disney is not allowing to have kermit in the special. I now that Hit believes that it wouldn't be worth the time, effort or money to make a deal with Disney just to include two small scenes with kermit. I think kermits scenes would be easy to edit without affecting the storyline. Of course, I have heard that the DVD release of Dog City kept the Rowlf scenes uncut. If hit made a deal to include rowlfs scenes, I wonder why they didn't negoriate for kermit at the time they were negotiating for Rowlf. after all, Dog City didn't have to be released. It wasn't released on video when the animated series was being produced, Disney didn't release it when Disney was releasing henson programs, and Sony didn't release it when it had the video rights to various henson productions.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
muppet_dk said:
Well if they include the stuff cut from the last release then it would be possible to edit ones own complete version :smile:
No, it wouldn't I have read that Kermits ending scene was cut on the last DVD release as well, so if you want to edit the DVDs to have a complete copy, you would also have to edit a video release as well.

I wonder if all of these special features are going to be included so that fans who already have the DVD release would want to buy it again? or to cheer up fans who wanted Kermit on the release?

I wonder if Hit will ever release The Animal Show episode with Sam The eagle, or any episodes of Donnas Day with The Swedish Chef? would Hit edit the swedish chefs parts out? (after all, I think his appearances are more like guest appearances)

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:

1st Off its NOT Disney's fault! Its HIT!'s fault, they DIDN'T wana take the time or money to have to monkey around with Disney. So don't blame Disney man :sympathy:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I wonder if all of these special features are going to be included so that fans who already have the DVD release would want to buy it again? or to cheer up fans who wanted Kermit on the release?
Ya know, I was just thinking the SAME THING! about cheering up the fans i mean! :confused: :wink: I also wonder why Disney didnt get rights to Emmit Otter?

Erine81981

Reaction score
I was just mad. I didn't seem to care who's fault it was. When Kermit's in a speical and they edit it out and Disney own's Kermit and freinds then thats why I would get mad at Disney. So then I guess I'l change it. "I hate HIT!"