How was Wembley's eye-rolling done?

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I forgot to ask this question of Steve Whitmire at MuppetFest.

It seems that Wembley's pupils can move virtually 360 degrees. In any case, they don't move in a single straight path, which indicates that it's not the eyeballs themselves moving on an axis (b/c for the eyeballs to move in more than just a straight circular pattern, they would have to be unattached). So I'm guessing it's just the pupils that move. But how? Radio control with magnets? That's about my only guess.

Anyone have any definite info?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Xela

Reaction score
I have no idea...perhaps radio-control? I dunno.
Now I want to know also...

luvtosr

Reaction score
Well, I can't say for sure but I asked the folks over at Puppets And Stuff, (they do puppets, don'tcha know) and this is what they have come up with so far.

Link

It's a good question, I've been wondering myself. Hope this helps.

Xela

Reaction score
luvtosr said:
Well, I can't say for sure but I asked the folks over at Puppets And Stuff, (they do puppets, don'tcha know) and this is what they have come up with so far.

Link

It's a good question, I've been wondering myself. Hope this helps.
Hmm...maybe it's one of the things they said. Ugh, it's kind of frustrating to me now...I want to know!

Oh well.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I noticed that his pupils just FLY in "You can't do that without a hat", in the finale song. They're all over the place. I have no clue how they do it though.

zeldazipple

Reaction score
I figured it was remote controlled, beecause haven't you noticed that Wembley's fhead seems to be slightly higher like he almost has a forhead? This can be seen in ' Wembley and the Gorgs. ' And in later episoades in some pictures I seen it looks like his eyes are competly detached from his head when you see him upclose.

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
I remember reading about this in Amy Van Guilder's Guide to Fraggle Floorwork, but for the life of me I now can't remember exactly what was said. All I remember was that his hair was on a hinge that would fold dorwards and cover the mechanism.

I'll see if I can find the details.

Best,

James

luvtosr

Reaction score
I think the last reply on that link I posted (Posted after I posted the link) sounds about right with his hair covering the mechanism.