What does your user name mean?

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Just thought it might be interesting to find out what you guys' user names mean. I realize that a lot of them are Muppet-based, so those are pretty obvious, but some are really unique, and I know I'd be interested to hear their origins.

As for me, I chose Lowercasegods because a few years ago when I worked on my college paper, for an April Fools prank I wrote a story about a fictional band called Brother Rabbit and the lowercase gods. I said the lead singer was John Lennon's god son, and touted them as the new Beatles, essentially. I even created publicity art for them, faked interviews, the whole sha-bang. After the story ran, one of my best friends actually went crazy trying to get tickets for a fake concert I'd said they were holding at a local theatre. Fortunately for me she appreciated the joke, and we were still friends afterwards.

So, what's your story?

Ziffel

Reaction score
Mine's pretty simple. "Green Acres" is my all time favorite sitcom and Fred Ziffel is my favorite character in the show. Thus, the user name Ziffel and the avatar of him. :smile:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Obvious for mine,Janice and her quote.Thought of Dr. Teeth,Gonzo,Scooter,or Uncle Deadly for names too;couldn't think of good names for them.I'm a little bit of Janice too,free-spirited,good listener,always singing,and carefree.Not a bubble-head though.143 IQ here,LOL.:big_grin: :excited:

Vibs

Reaction score
Okay here's the story:

Vibs is Red's danish name. Before joining MC I was (and still am of course) a member of fragglerocker, and I had to come up with a name and so... Vibs it was. But then I found that it's not even spelled Vibs but Vips. And then I found that Vips is a danish word (A bit old I think though) that means... um... I'll go copy my dic:

vips interj.: hey presto! pop!

THE END... -yeah...

HPDJ

Reaction score
Harry Potter Dale Jenkins

(Thinking of a user name for imdb, this was the first thing that came to mmy head)!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Well while I was pondering joining MC one of the biggest problems I was having was "what the heck would my user name be?"
So I'm sitting in lunch thinking about it and my friend turns to me and says "I told Charice that you would probably burst into song if I told you this" and I said "what?" and she said "Together again". So of course I burst into song. and I thought, perfect. I'll be togetheragain.

King Jim

Reaction score
I first came here when I saw the Muppet Show on DVD: With Bob Hope. So I Joined this forum to try to talk about it. But then I loved this place and decided to visit once or twice a day. But now I visit 4-10 times a day

But I loved Bob Hope and decided to put Bob's name together and add site to it and I called it "bobhopesite" (aka BHS).

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Wow; lowercasegods, Ziffel, HPDJ, Kimp the Shrimp (and others who've yet to post) I always wondered what your names meant, that's cool!

Okay, so here's the secret out of the box. When I first joined MC, it wasn't under the name Vic Romano, and it wasn't in November 2003... it was actually in late 2002 and under a totally different name. I was such a newb and I was rather close minded and possibly rude and brash. I was also upset and so I left and visited the forums annonomously until I had had enough and I just missed the place too much, plus I had a real attitude adjustment and wanted to be a real member of this great place. SO... when I rejoined, the username I used to have held too much baggage for me and I didn't want to be associated with that old me, even though I still love the old user name, so at the time I was really into a show called Most Extreme Elimination Challenge on Spike Network. The two hosts of the show are named Kenny Blankenship and Vic Romano, the rest is history!

EDIT - BTW, my real name is Dave, and you can feel free to call me that too!

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
I've used Harvey Towers as an e-mail address as long as I've had the internet - in the best tradiotion of e-mail addresses it seems clever and funny to start of with and then gets increasingly out-of-place.

Anyway, Harvey Towers seemed a logical name when I signed up to another fourm so I just decided to use it here too.

As for the origin - it's what I call my rather modest family home...