Online Muppet Story Books

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Hi everyone, it's your 'ol buddy Vic Romano here, hoping to provide you with some real quality entertainment over this here l'il device we've come to know as the in-tur-net. Inspired by ToughPigs, and prompted by my good friend Beau here at MC, I thought you all would enjoy reading some older Muppet story publications on-line. But first, credit given where credit is due, and that's to the originators of this idea; ToughPigs; a great resource to any Muppet Fan, so here's their collection:

The Tale of the Bunny Picnic
Written by: Louise Gikcow, Illustrated by: Diane Dawson Hearn

One of my favorites as a kid:
The Many Face of Ernie
Written by: Judy Freudberg, Tony Geiss & Herbert Hartig; Illustrated by: Norman Chartier

I'll Miss You Mr. Hooper
Based on the television script by: Norman Stiles, Illustrated by: Joe Mathieu

I Can't Wait Until Christmas
Written by: Linda Lee Maifair, Illustrated by: Joe Ewers

Another fav from my youth:
The Great Twiddlebug Mystery
Written by: Revena Dwight, Illustrated by Roger Bradfield

The Case of the Missing Mother
Written by: James Howe, Illustrated by William Cleaver

Cookie Monster and the Cookie Tree
Written by: David Korr, Illustrated by Joe Mathieu

Now my setup won't be nearly as fancy as ToughPigs, but I hope you'll bear with me. This first book is actually the reason for this thread. Not too long ago, in a forum not so far away; I posted about a book where Beauregard saves the day (The actual title of the book) by freeing monsters locked in the theatre's basement. Muppet Central's own Beau wasn't aware of this book and I told him I'd post it when I got the chance, so here's that chance, making this next book's post dedicated to the guy we all love, Muppet Central's long standing citizen and all around crazy cat from the UK: Beauregard:zany:

Now this was a very ambitious project indeed, so the only site I know of to do this is PhotoBucket, so unfortunately, the only way to show it to you is one page at a time, but I assure you that it's worth it (especially you, Beau!). And besides, you can save these images to your hard disk's if'n you please and enjoy them yourselves whenever you want.

Bo Saves the Day
Written by: Jocelyn Stevenson, Illustrated by: Richard Walz
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
Page 9
Page 10
Page 11
Page 12
Page 13
Page 14
Page 15
Page 16
Page 17
Page 18
Page 19
Page 20
Page 21
Page 22
Page 23
Page 24
Page 25
Page 26
Page 27
Page 28
Page 29
Page 30
Page 31
Page 32

This next one is one of my all time favorites and is our next selection due to a topic about a song from the Muppet Show called “Friendship” discussed by a few members after hearing it on MCR. The song is sung by Kermit and Robin, and it seems that the episode it's from and our next book have some similarities. Another interesting note, is that this is one of the few Muppet books that is written and illustrated by the same person. As far as the art is concerned, I feel Mr. Stevenson really captures the personality of the gang and moves them into a very cartoon-sight-gagged world very wonderfully.

The Whale Tale
Written and Illustrated by: John Stevenson
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
Page 9
Page 10
Page 11
Page 12
Page 13
Page 14
Page 15
Page 16
Page 17
Page 18
Page 19
Page 20
Page 21
Page 22
Page 23
Page 24
Page 25
Page 26
Page 27
Page 28
Page 29
Page 30
Page 31
Page 32

That's all for now, but if this thread gets a good response, then you can be sure more books will be posted, continuing with: Muppet Manners and Robin Hood. :smile:

scarecroe

Reaction score
This is fantastic, thanks for sharing these!

Beauregard

Reaction score
THank you more than enough! Beauregard has his own Book! Yeyeyyeyyeyyeyeyeyey!

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
Good response! These are great. Um... I should probably actually... read them. The pictures are pretty! :halo:
Thankyew for sharing. Very cool.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
That is fantastic Vic! Thanks for doing such a great thing!

Ive always loved the image on Page 31 the most!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Oh good, I'm glad you guys are enjoying these. They are great books, and it's so sad that most of them are out of print, so I'll see about doing my best to help show them off to those who've never seen them. I've got lots more good Muppet books.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I can't seem to open pages 9-and forward on the Bo Saves the Day book...

But the Whale one is working.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
They might just load slowly 'cause Photobucket isn' the greatest site in the world, but they seem to work for me. If you like Beau, I can just send you the pages so you have them to read.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Wow, Hi Chilly! Haven't seen you in a while, great to see you!

Today I went to the library and found a book I've been looking for forever, it's called "Fozzie's Big Book of Side Splitting Jokes." It's a true fan great as there are illustrations of more unknown Muppets including Uncle Deadly and the lead singer of the Go-Go La La Jubilee Jug Band. Are you guys enjoying this thread? I'll need some feed back here to let me know if it's worth my time to make this for you all.