New book of Jim Henson's Wisdom due in September

Erine81981

Reaction score
I'll be buying this book. I know that much. Can't wait. I'm still working on getting "Muppets Works" and "Muppets of Men" books.

Animal

Reaction score
Sounds and looks like an interesting book. I´ll be checking it out for sure! :smile:

-Hans :halo:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I may go to Amazon.co.uk and pre-order this just as soon as I get my tips for this month from the hotel. It looks to be very exciting, and a constnt sorce of MC signitures!

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
This sounds like the most awesome book in ages!!!

I CANNOT WAIT!!!!

I'll have my beloved Mommy preorder it! (what, no Grover smiley?)

BJ

christyb

Reaction score
Nice, my only question is...Why on earth was this not out when I was doing all that research on him and the muppeteers? Oh well, a definate add if I have the money.

ftnpro

Reaction score
Why, oh why, did they have to use that FAKE photo of Jim Henson on the cover? We all know he was originally holding a Bert puppet, not Kermit. It's inside the back cover of "The Works," isn't it? It's bad enough that I'll have to look at the FAKE every time I buy a sheet of Muppet stamps... which will be quite often.

Are we supposed to believe there are NO appropriate photos of Jim Henson out there? C'mon, there are hundreds to choose from. But someone out there wished Jim had been sitting there with Kermit. Once they put a fake photo on the cover, I start to wonder if the quotes inside are genuine.

Is this a book about Jim Henson or about what someone else wishes he was like? I don't think we need to falsify Jim Henson's legacy. I like the real thing, warts and all (apologies to Kermit).

Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to the book. And the stamps.

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Awsome! Awsome! I'll be defantly lookinf for that book when it comes out. Sounds like a real rare treasure. :excited:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
ftnpro said:
Why, oh why, did they have to use that FAKE photo of Jim Henson on the cover? We all know he was originally holding a Bert puppet, not Kermit. It's inside the back cover of "The Works," isn't it? It's bad enough that I'll have to look at the FAKE every time I buy a sheet of Muppet stamps... which will be quite often.

Are we supposed to believe there are NO appropriate photos of Jim Henson out there? C'mon, there are hundreds to choose from. But someone out there wished Jim had been sitting there with Kermit. Once they put a fake photo on the cover, I start to wonder if the quotes inside are genuine.

Is this a book about Jim Henson or about what someone else wishes he was like? I don't think we need to falsify Jim Henson's legacy. I like the real thing, warts and all (apologies to Kermit).

Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to the book. And the stamps.

I agree with you. Knowing that in the original picture he wasn't holding Kermit, it's kind of dissapointing. But someone out there is trying, at least. We'll make it our duty to read the book, and not just judge it by it's cover (hee, that metaphor has never been so fitting).