Kevin and the Mule

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Here's the latest: (Taken from an email to Alex):

Last weekend was MidsouthCon 23 (and it was a con, indeed, because of entry fees). Luckily, I got in free because of winning last year's masquerade/skit contest.

The convention went great. Our "Feed Me" bit won Best of Show. I was AudreyII and my buddy Tim played Seymour for the show.

My pal Lin played Silent Bob and another friend played George Lucas---who resembles him uncannily--and they won Best Presentation.

I made a jacket with fake arm to use Audrey II as a walk-around puppet, and I dressed as Seymour (This wasn't for the show, obviously) and when folks would reach over to pet Audrey, she'd pop from the planter and start snapping at folks. My friends would play along and take off running, and the person who was the 'victim' would scream or screech and take off. It was hilarious. We got one photo of a kid taking off running, too. THAT was funny!

There was a gaming area, too, which smelled like wet baloney. They were smelly people. I'm like, take a break from the RPGs and go bathe, man!

Oh, and I was walking around with Muley visiting my friends' booths and this one OBVIOUS comic book man walks up and starts talking to Muley, and his mouth was pure dang ol' sewer, man! Muley and I kept leaning further and further back from him until we were basically doing the limbo...horrible. His offer to be friends with Muley: a mint! Muley looked at him and said, "Nah, dude. You need it worser'n me." So, after some coaxing, he ate it, and we ran.

Sci-Fi/Comic Book convention people are SCARY!

But, it was fun!

More information can be found at www.midsouthcartoonists.com (and photos).

I hope the digital video we took of the acts will end up on the net somewhere and I can direct you all to it.

Also, this Saturday, MuleySuit will be one of the many Celebrity Golfers at PUTT PUTT--check www.rmhmemphis.org for more info about that event.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm intersted to see how well MuleySuit plays Putt Putt tomorrow.

christyb

Reaction score
Awesome. Good luck Muley and Kevin! Have fun and thanks for keeping us posted on Muley. Man I really miss TN at times. Can't wait to get back.

christyb

Reaction score
That's awesome. I loved it. Nice job!

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
That was excellent! Did you build the Audrey II puppet Kev?