Muppets Oz Airdate: Friday May 20

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
Ok, so April is officially here friday. Does anyone have any confirmation of the official air date of the Oz movie other than sometime in May. I'm getting anxious!!!!! :crazy:

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
I've been trying to research it myself online. The only thing I found is a tentative date for May 20th from 8-10. The one weekend in May I have school. :mad: Oh well I'll still tape it and watch it later I guess.

christyb

Reaction score
I haven't heard a for sure air date. Where are you getting your information?

Barry Lee

Reaction score
What The....?

muppetsforlife said:
I've been trying to research it myself online. The only thing I found is a tentative date for May 20th from 8-10. The one weekend in May I have school. :mad: Oh well I'll still tape it and watch it later I guess.
How do you know this? I think thats a lie I would LIKE to see proof. Okay?:rolleyes:

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
How do you know this? I think thats a lie I would LIKE to see proof. Okay?:rolleyes:
I hope that your not implying that I'm a liar cause I take serious offense to that. Yes, I should have clarified my information a little bit more. The only information I got is STRICTLY second hand rumor. It was posted on a message board and not to be taken entirely as a fact. I posted this thread in hopes of finding out what other people had heard about this. Most of the threads in here are exactly that, everyone comparing rumors that they had heard and thinking about different possibilitlies. Again I apologize for not clarifying this in the first posting but I am most certainly NOT LYING. Here is the link that someone is talking about the tentative date. It is entirely second hand and I have no clue as to how reliable it is. I'm just kind of curious as to what everyone else had heard.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0422778/

I repeat that this is not a fact just a rumor. Just something someone had posted on a message board

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
when you get to that link, scroll down to the message board where it says air date set.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
muppetsforlife said:
The only thing I found is a tentative date for May 20th from 8-10.
Sorry but that is not possible. It has been announced that the movie will play in May as part of the "Wonderful World of Disney" on ABC. That programing block is on Saturday nights (at 8/7c on ABC). That would mean the special would have to air on one of the following dates: May 7, 2005; May 14, 2005; May, 21, 2005; or May 28, 2005. I have contacted the Muppet Holding Co and ABC and they both said that the exact date will not be set until later in April. But it will not be on May 20th as that is a Friday and this film will be on a Saturday night.

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
OK, thats good than cause I have school on that friday night. I hope its not that saturday either cause I have school that whole weekend actually. But at least on a saturday I'll be available to watch it. I guess I'm just getting really restless to watch this movie. As soon as we hear any confirmation of the date, someone let me know.

christyb

Reaction score
Ahhh, gelfling to the rescue! Thanks for solving that one for us.

stars817

Reaction score
Air date released

On the page for Entertainment News on tvguide.com there is an announcement that the movie will air on May 20th. It also says something about it being very anticipated so hopefully this movie will draw a huge crowd. :wink: