A possible Sesame Street figure...

Convincing John

Reaction score
Okay folks, even though we've come to the end of the Palisades line for the Muppets (after Uncle Deadly), we can look forward to the Sesame Street figures. Yay!

One character I'd like to see as a Sesame Street figure which HAS appeared on Sesame Street is Beautiful Day Monster. Yeah, he's a Muppet...but he's also a Sesame Street character too! Just look for yourself!

http://www.sesame-encyclopedia.com/Alphabet/SesameB/BeautifulDayMonster.html

See?

I know a lot of folks (myself included) wanted to see this monster made when the Palisades license for the Muppets was still in full swing. Even Phil liked the idea:

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showpost.php?p=215992&postcount=10

See?

My question is...theoretically speaking, could it be done? I mean Disney has the rights to the Muppet Show Muppets, and Beautiful Day Monster has appeared on there. "You got anything CHEAPER?" But he also appeared on Sesame Street...in several sketches in the early days.

Ummm...who owns the rights to this guy? Disney or Sesame Workshop? If it's Sesame Workshop, we could vote to have Beautiful Day Monster made...perhaps as some kind of exclusive?

Yeah, he's obscure, but so are a lot of the Muppet figures that have been made! Just think, would the general public really remember Marvin Suggs or Lips? No. But yet they've been flyin' off the shelves thanks to Muppet fans! And what's comin' up? Guy Smiley and Roosevelt Franklin! Neither one have been on Sesame Street for years, but these guys are being made!!!

I'm just thinking how great a Beautiful Day Monster figure could look. Palisades has made so many wonderful figures...and I'm sure they'd create this one with the same dedication and style! Yeah, we couldn't have a "flat" version of him, but we COULD have him with widening eyes and a letter (perhaps B?) Maybe a brick wall?

But...could it be done? Who owns this cool monster?

Convincing John

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Man that'd be cool, but here's two points I think that give both a case for and a case against:
The case for Sesame Street Muppets have made appearances on TMS, so there's an even trade off. But I'd imagine that Disney really owns the popular cast. Whatnots are up for grabs as far as liscencing I'd imagine. And while Beautiful Day isn't necessarily a whatnot, perhaps he's not popular enough for Disney to care about!
The case against Perhaps the case for is also the case against. He may of appeared on SS, but not enough to be popular enough. He might be too obscure, if he gets made, Ken is gonna' have to do some serious string pullin' me thinks.

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
What about the case for Gladis the Cow, didn't she appear in both SS and TMS?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
We certainly don't have enough Richard Hunt characters.