Was Jim in Ernest Goes to Camp?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
So I was looking at Jim's bio on IMDB.com when I come across that he iwas uncredited for a role as a minor in Ernest Goes to Camp. WHA?!?!? Now it's been awhile since I've seen that movie (of which I really enjoyed), but is this right? Can anyone shed some light on this!?!?
He's also listed as starring as a "man on the phone" in the 1985 film "Into The Night". I never saw this, but did Jim have somewhat of an obscure acting career? (Aside from "The Cube" and "Timepiece").
Any light on this would be super.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
But it's listed under Jim's bio... the Jim we know.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Here's an interesting note: In "Ernest Goes to Camp"; it lists Jim uncredited as a "minor". Now like I said, I haven't seen the movie in a while BUT
A Minor (as Jim is credited as being uncredited) is someone under the age of 18. Jim was clearly NOT a minor when this movie came out and I doubt he'd be able to pull that off.
Whereas a miner is someone who digs for stuff.
I am rully stumped here folks. Please post, even if you're as clueless as I am and have seen the movie recently. I may have to go to Blockbuster tonight and pay extra close attention.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Isn't that movie the one where everyone becomes gnome-like creatures? Maybe he helped with the costumes and he was just mis-listed.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I really don't remember Jim being in Ernest Goes to Camp.For those of you/us who have seen it,there was the plot line to bring in a construction team to demolish the camp.Perhaps,Jim was part of the construction team.For those at MC who haven't seen Ernest goes to camp,here is a brief plot summary:

A group of juveniles goes to Camp Kikaki.The clumsy Ernest(the late Jim Varney) has to care for them, although he doesn't even know how to take care of himself. The other children at the camp show enmity against them, but the group knows very well how to defend themselves. They do also help the Indian owner of the camp when a brutal mining corporation wants to tear down the camp to mine a rare mineral.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Hmm...I'm going to have to check this out. I own the movie; I'll report back after a thurough watching. :smile:

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Here's an interesting note: In "Ernest Goes to Camp"; it lists Jim uncredited as a "minor". Now like I said, I haven't seen the movie in a while BUT
A Minor (as Jim is credited as being uncredited) is someone under the age of 18. Jim was clearly NOT a minor when this movie came out and I doubt he'd be able to pull that off.
Whereas a miner is someone who digs for stuff.
They meant miner, it's a simple misspelling. So I would keep an eye on the miners in the film Cantus.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Ah, good call boss. I just now found my copy, so I'll probably take a look after work tomorrow night.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I eagerly await your report Cantus!
Good call Fishn'wolfe, although I'm willing to bet that IMDB may have gotten more wrong on this one then the spelling of a word.